An anime that made you cry

Anaklusmos

Jun 1, 2010
One Piece.

Oda sure knows how to give people a pretty memorable death, Ace died, I cried, then 2 episodes later Whitebeard died and I cried. Also Whitebeards sacrifice made me tear up... and there's the Going Merry's funeral which made me cry...

arealperson

Oct 1, 2009
Nope, none. I do appreciate the touching moments in anime, such that I remember FMA (not Brotherhood) and Casshern Sins were chocked full of. The only fiction I can think of that I get choked up over is Air Bud. And as contrast to that I found the puppy moment in Elfen Lied as almost hilarious. That show was just cheap thrills that made you think the creator was a bit sick in the head. If you stuck with the manga any distance, it made you feel as if you yourself were sick in the head.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
The Third Hokages funeral in Naruto made me shed a tear.
Otherwise can't remember any other situation.

Lerasai

Aug 14, 2010
I'm the sort of person who is very easily moved to tears and someone who has watched quite a bit of anime in her time, so to list all of them that I've cried during would be quite a hassle. One particularly strange time an anime that made me cry, though, was Minami-ke. If you've never seen it Minami-ke is a humor/slice-of-life anime, by definition a generally very laid-back genre. But, there was a character named Fuyuki who I really felt I could understand, so every time things didn't work out for him I got very teary-eyed.

He was just this kid who got moved around by a single-parent so often that he never got to become part of a group or ever even learned how to be and so he just ended up sitting there quietly and doing whatever people asked him to because he didn't know how to say "no". So, basically me when I was a kid. Or me now. And probably me in the future. I'm pretty certain I'll be a socially awkward door-mat for the rest of my life. [/wallowing in self-pity and pity for fictional character]

Lanior

Nov 10, 2011
One Piece has alot of emotional scenes Such as
Robin in Enies Lobby,The Merry's funeral and ofc Ace and Whitebeards death

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
Full Metal Alchemist.

You know which scene I'm talking about if you've read/seen it.

Evil Earlgrey

May 14, 2010
For some wierd reason Naturo Shippuden makes me cry a lot. I guess Narutos pure good heartedness and unconditional self sacrifice for others triggers some internal emotional need inside of me..

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Samurai X(The Rurouni Kenshin OVA's), is one of the most emotionally powerful stories I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

EDIT: One word... "Bang..."

Spy_Guy

Mar 16, 2010
Cry, no.

As for the ones that may have caused me to get something in the eye:

- Azumanga Daioh, the ending.

- Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni also has its moments.

Individuo

Oct 19, 2008
Clannad: After Story & Romeo X Juliet are two that stand out. There's probably more but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My eyes water up during near the end of Grave of the Fireflies (you know which scenes I'm talking about).

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Umm. Fate/stay night? It's just so sad, after everything Saber came through, she has to continue the vicious cycle of dying just to get into another Holy Grail War, until someone frees her from that.

Because last master was a *****.

Naeras said:
Full Metal Alchemist.

You know which scene I'm talking about if you've read/seen it.
Yes, all those Major Armstrong moments made me cry manly tears of manliness.

But I guess you're talking about the death/funeral of you know whom.

RaffB

Jul 22, 2008
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

The major and batou are always amazing but tragic at the same time. Very moving.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Stryc9 said:
I got pretty choked up seeing the Major get shot towards the end of the first season of GitS: Stand Alone Complex. There was a pretty good bit of time where you weren't sure if she was coming back or not.
Holy shit, I know right? When I saw that for the first time, I thought it was the end of the show. I'd watched a few other series like that, where they have a single season and that's it (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, etc) and GitS is a fairly depressing show, so it all fit into place in my mind for them to do something similar.

OT: Seriously? only one or so mentions for Grave of the Fireflies?? That is honestly the most depressing movie I've seen in my entire life. When it was on TV I got my girlfriend to watch it. That was a big mistake. At the end she was crying literally to the point of sobbing. Like, not normal crying when you watch something sad, but crying like when you were five and scraped your knee.

RaffB

Jul 22, 2008
One I forgot.

Ghost in the shell (again)

When the Tachikomas sacrifice themselves.....

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
No anime has made me cry on the outside but some have made me cry on the inside. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Fate/Stay Night (and the movie Unlimited Blade Works) and Fate/Zero.