An Escapist Farewell

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Sad to see a familiar staff member go, I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do in the future, I also pray this isn't the last we see of you (on the Escapist anyway, even if it's just you lurking the forums).

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Ah man, this sucks. It's been good having you here Steve and I thank you for all the hard work you've done for this site and your contributions to it. I wish you good luck in whatever you choose to do next.

Farewell!

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010

I'll echo Josh's sentiments in wishing you good luck in your future endeavours and also hope that this isn't the last we see of you here.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Does this mean that you don't get a throne at the Escapist Expo with 'Editor In Chief' in big neon letters?

Farewell and good luck in your future endeavours.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
"It is, quite literally, a site named after you, the Escapist, the person who is searching for an alternative to the ordinary."

Is someone cutting onions in here?...

That is exactly what I thought the day I came in for my interview: I can't believe this place is real.

As a kid, my mom would say the word "escapism" to me accusingly very often. She would come home from work and I'd be playing the new WoW expansion or working through Xenosaga on my PS2. In her mind I was wasting opportunities to be living a "real" life. Now my real life includes being surrounded by people that don't think my passion is a waste of time. Quite the contrary, my love of games is probably one of the most positive things in my life.

You were a great EIC, Steve, and your mustache would make Hulk Hogan jealous. Best of luck to you, my friend!

/salute

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
First Russ, now Steve.

Good God - Who's next? Graham?

That leaving speech is full of cliche and conjecture it's actually slightly funny.

Well, one must do what one must do - Have legs, will travel and all that.

God knows I've been through quite a few jobs in my time.

Fare thee well, Mr Butts and rejoice in your future endeavours.

Dec 14, 2009
Sad to see you go, Steve, I hope you have the best of luck in all your future endeavours.

See you space cowboy.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
DeepComet5581 said:
First Russ, now Steve.

Good God - Who's next? Graham?

That leaving speech is full of cliche and conjecture it's actually slightly funny.

Well, one must do what one must do - Have legs, will travel and all that.

God knows I've been through quite a few jobs in my time.

Fare thee well, Mr Butts and rejoice in your future endeavours.
Graham? Kind of a random next choice, there.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Aww, I'm really sad to see you go, Steve. I've been reading your reviews for years, from way back in the IGN days and I was beyond excited to have you here. It'd be awesome if you still post on the forums, from time to time.

Good luck, wherever you end up!

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Goodbye. It's a shame to see you go so soon after taking the position of Editor-in-chief, but I wish you all the best, and hope you go on to even bigger and better things.

Thanks Steve... Theve