An Explosive Mass Effect 3 Trailer For "FemShep Friday"

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Webb Myers said:
My first impression is that this is the first trailer for ME3 that makes me want to buy the game. My second impression is, "wait a minute, that was all cut-scene footage!".

Now don't get me wrong. I've slogged through a lot of bad gameplay for some good cut-scenes. But then again, I've never paid full price for a game I bought for the story.

Glad I didn't pre-order...
You know a ton of people have been complaining that the trailers so far don't show enough of the story? Even though fans (myself included) complained that the trailers for ME2 were too spoiler-laden.

You can never win.

OT: Said it in another thread, but her design is really nice. Most of my FemSheps look quite derpy (except for my last one...who kind of looks like a bitchy version of my ex-gf. Weird, I know), so it's cool to see one who looks like an actual person.

In other news, the demo is coming this Tuesday. That means my hiatus from the site will begin, as I hide from the inevitable wave of spoilers and premature hate.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Hell yes.

Superior voiceover ahoy!

Although Meer did improve between ME1 and ME2. Maybe he's raised the bar some more this time around...?

As for the rest of the trailer:
- Did that car-hopping ninja have a Cerberus symbol on his chest?
- Hey hey, looks like we'll definitely be going to Geth central.
- Pretty sure that was Legion, complete with hole.
- Biotic curb-stomp. Me like.
- First sightings of Miranda, Jacob, Kaiden and Samara. Noice.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I'm so annoyed by this whole FemShep thing. It's absolutely fine if you want to play a female Shepard, I don't want it to seem like I think a male Shepard is better, it's all personal preference. But what is up with this ridiculous amount of attention this whole thing gets. To me this is like Radical Feminism: does it progress the idea that women are as capable of men and deserve to be on equal grounds? No, it doesn't. Anyone who thinks this is some form of championing of women... I just don't see it.

This trailer does look pretty exciting... it's too bad I have committed myself to not supporting EA for their business practices. At very least, I won't buy it till it's cheap. I'm sure the game will be a fine game though. Also, since the news of the whole saving your save game thing came along, it's actually kind of annoying that this isn't going to end the series. No one seems to believe in ending on a high note anymore or just finishing a story. It's like book series that do not have a conclusion. They are just terrible when you can endlessly make stuff up to go with a character that goes on forever. Sounds to me that a few people could learn a lesson or two from the likes of James Clemens or David Gemmell.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Webb Myers said:
My first impression is that this is the first trailer for ME3 that makes me want to buy the game. My second impression is, "wait a minute, that was all cut-scene footage!".

Now don't get me wrong. I've slogged through a lot of bad gameplay for some good cut-scenes. But then again, I've never paid full price for a game I bought for the story.

Glad I didn't pre-order...
*Bioware releases gameplay footage.*

"Waaah! Where's the story, Bioware? This is shit!"

*Bioware release story footage*

"Waaah! That was all cutscene! This is shit!

Nyquisted

Nov 18, 2010
'This isn't about strategy, or tactics...'

Oh that's just great.

I'm don't like how they are still running with the 'bureaucrats are bad' theme. I mean come on...

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
Zhukov said:
Hell yes.
As for the rest of it...
There's some speculation that the ninja-like Cerberus character might be Kai Lang, a name of which means nothing unless you've read the books.

OP: I need to stop watching these, as it's already difficult waiting for early March without being reminded about how I'm not playing it yet.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
shado_temple said:
Zhukov said:
Hell yes.
As for the rest of it...
There's some speculation that the ninja-like Cerberus character might be Kai Lang, a name of which means nothing unless you've read the books.
I haven't read the books, but I'm pretty sure I've heard of him.

Illusive Man's cleaner, right? Not to keen on aliens or something?

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
I'm all about DudeShep myself - BroShep, whatever you want to call it
That all depends on whether he does what I tell him (occasionally telepathically!!) to do! We've, ahem, had words in the past.
Never occured to me to play as ShepMcBoobs, not sure why. Also not sure why the DudeShep VA seems to cause so much grr-ness. Never bothered me!

Glad to see Captain Awesomenderson is back though.

Pontifex

Mar 17, 2010
Zhukov said:
shado_temple said:
Zhukov said:
Hell yes.
As for the rest of it...

That's him. Rather fond of cereal, too.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Zhukov said:
shado_temple said:
Zhukov said:
Hell yes.
As for the rest of it...

This [http://www.newsarama.com/games/10-must-know-facts-mass-effect-novels-comics-mass-effect-3-110707-1.html] is a good list of things to know about Mass Effect that aren't in the games. I have read the books...sometimes I just want to be a fanboy, dammit! Haven't touched the comics, tough. I've just never gotten into that medium at all.

Dec 14, 2009
Why does she look nothing like the FemShep on the boxart?

C'mon Bioware, if you're gonna get people to do your job for you, at least make the character look right.

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
Not my femShep but still badass. I love Jennifer Hale, she brings femShep to life. Can't wait to play ME3 and see all my old squad!

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
I started my first playthrough of ME1 with a male Shep but before long I restarted with FemShep. I think the reason is that Jennifer Hale's performance completely overshadowed her male counterpart's.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
I started to watch because I thought it was cool they were finally using femshep and I wanted to see her being kick ass but as soon as FemShep mentioned being grounded I stopped. I want to see it so bad but I want to know as absolutely few details as possible when I get my ME3. 24 days, 4 hours, and 38 minutes till I can start playing with my femshep again!

kaizen2468

Nov 20, 2009
I'm 100% on FemShep's team. She's the most badass heroine I've ever played as, perhaps even hero. There's something more badass about FemShep to me. There are so many male leads in games like this. It makes her so much more interesting, so much more unique.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Now the endless debate begins- do I play as my legacy MALE character or FEMALE character first??

It's proving hard to choose.