An Honest Question about Sharing

Arkham

Esoteric Cultist
Jan 22, 2009
I like to share videos of gameplay but the degree to which I can edit it determines how much I would use such a built-in feature. It also depends on whether or not I can "rewind" a recent event to upload, say something interesting happened within the past few minutes of hitting the PS4 Share button or load the Xbox One's DVR.

Sharing all of my activity on social media is uninteresting. I doubt many of my friends care about my achievements and trophies and I don't care about theirs. Maybe some videos or requests to play games would be worth posting.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
VanQ said:
I tried the whole thing out when World of WarCraft allowed your FaceBook to automatically update whenever you acquired an achievement/new piece of loot or leveled up. Needless to say, a lot of friends told me to quit that shit or they'll hide my posts from showing up on their news feed.

You thought Farmville was annoying, bragging to you every time someone got a new sheep? Guess what, you're about to become what you hate.
When did they implement that?! It sounds awful!

"Looks like VanQ dinged 20 times in the last 3 hours."

"How do you know?"

"He won't stop talking about it on my Facebook feed!"

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Extras are fine, sell it as a console and these are the extras you can use if you want. Like mobile phones, you use them for phone calls and text but the cameras etc are extras. With current media they try and force Twitter and FB on every single media from phones, console and tv.

As for xbone or PS4, as long as you can turn off certain features then fine. I dont want friends sending me loads of videos showing off their gaming stuff. I have no interest in that. I just want to play a game and have fun. If i want to have fun with a friend then i would rather go to the pub or restaurant or watch a movie in the cinema/TV or split screen gaming. Im 36 and started gaming with the Atari, so maybe this is stuff that younger people accept in their life as normal. Where as its not normal for me.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
piinyouri said:
omega 616 said:
Nobdoy I know has ever said "hey, lemme look at your saved game plays".

Grab some popcorn and allow me to thrill and amuse you with my 50+ Just Cause 2 replays!
And to prove my point, "no thanks".

When was the last time you watched them? Anybody watched them?

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Fappy said:
When did they implement that?! It sounds awful!

"Looks like VanQ dinged 20 times in the last 3 hours."

"How do you know?"

"He won't stop talking about it on my Facebook feed!"
It was some time during Wrath of the Lich King expansion iirc. And yeah, that's pretty much how it went down.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
I'm not too sure if anyone will use the share features. Maybe about 2% of users will use them to great use, and about 8% will piss off their friends. When it was revealed, I reviled Sony for it. I still think they have made no great progress from PS3 to PS4 if this is the only new thing. I hope they don't overemphasise it or assume everyone loves it.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Yeah, despite it being a features that I will surely not even use, I don't hate them for having it.

Who knows? It might turn out to be the one feature that no one asked for to be a actually fun and engaging.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
omega 616 said:
piinyouri said:
omega 616 said:
Nobdoy I know has ever said "hey, lemme look at your saved game plays".

Grab some popcorn and allow me to thrill and amuse you with my 50+ Just Cause 2 replays!
And to prove my point, "no thanks".

When was the last time you watched them? Anybody watched them?
First, it was kind of a joke.
And second, I watch them all occasionally, but I've always liked doing that stuff. When I had Driver 3 I had a huge number of replays saved that I would edit to sync up to the song that was assigned to that particular replay.

Same thing for when I make a CAW on a wrestling game, if I have enough to do anything with, I spend a lot of time on the entrance. I guess I have a flair for the cinematic.

I do wish you could have at the very least a rudimentary editor in Just Cause 2 similar to Driver 3.

BQE

Posh Villainess
Jun 17, 2013
The only thing replays I would ever watch, are my Starcraft 2/Dota 2/Warcraft 3 gaming replays. The real point would be to analyze the gameplay or have a friend put some eyes on it to hear their thoughts. These are games I am not going to play on any console.