An idea for zero punctuation.

bcpond

May 24, 2009
Zero punctuation used to play unique music at the start and end of each clip but now it uses generic rock for legal reasons. Given the fact Yatzee owns a bar that features live musicians, why doesn't he support local musicians and offer to feature their music instead of the generic rock and included them in the credits. I think it would be win/win since ZP would get fresh music every week and the musicians would get advertisement.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
That'd require quite a bit of work for a five minute show. Plus, for the most part the music fit, and it would have to do so now, which would take even more work.

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
I actually think that is a very good idea.

We have a lot of decent bands here in Brisbane. I miss the old music in the episodes.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
It's a bit much work, but it'd be pretty cool. Though, I really like the current theme song, I've even downloaded it.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Because I'm assuming the Escapist owns that music and Yahtzee doesn't care. There's probably legal reasons they can't or red tape about use of a groups song etc.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
It'd be neat to see an intro from MiracleOfSound for ZP.

I don't see it happening though, it'd be a lot of work all around, maybe if there was a good pile of music for him to pull from, but before that I don't see it happening.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
It's a really good idea, but I think it would probably be a little too difficult to do every week. Maybe feature a particular band or artist on a month to month basis instead of week to week.

bcpond

May 24, 2009
DJDarque said:
It's a really good idea, but I think it would probably be a little too difficult to do every week. Maybe feature a particular band or artist on a month to month basis instead of week to week.
Good point, or do it based on availability. Though honestly I wouldn't be surprised if is inbox didn't get blown up with music from bands wanting their music featured on this site. Don't underestimate escapist's popularity.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Good idea but as soon as you start playing copyrighted music RIAA will be kicking down your door, and the fees those guys want are not small.

Not to mention the hassle of paying for every country where these videos might be watched, and then blocking those that don't have a legal system that bows to the US... you can't even imagine what a pain this can be.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
The unique music was part of the review. It was always some sort of reference to something he touched on in the video. It was never just "new music each week for the sake of keeping it fresh", and getting other artists to do stuff is very time-consuming and stressful for everybody involved.

Plus, I like his theme tune. Fits the opening credits.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
The only way I can see him doing this is if you goto law school and provide your services for free to deal with all the copyrights. :)

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
To be honest I really like the Zero Punctuation theme song (especially the <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/music>full version). The trouble with that idea is that it would take more time to do, and wouldn't really add much in return. It's a videogame review, and not Late Night with Jules Holland.

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
If it happened every now and then, I wouldn't mind it, but it might get a bit hard to get different music every week.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
I did like the old episodes when the music fit each episode, but that would be very difficult to do with random musicians at his bar.
Plus I really like the current theme, I've even found the full version. :)