An Interesting Hypothetical Case: what would you do?

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
You are given a choice between 2 doors. Behind 1 door is a suitcase with 1 million dollar, behind the other door is nothing. The catch is that the person you hate the most is getting what's the behind the door you didn't choose. There is another choice. You could choose not to pick any doors. In that case neither of you are getting anything.

What would you do? Take a gamble for the million or play it safe and walk away?

Wickatricka

Aug 26, 2011
The outcome of having neither go through the doors is rather lack luster. So I'd take the gamble.

Though I am a alcoholic and have a gambling problem so what do I know.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
So if the person I hate the most is myself, does that mean I get the money regardless of which door I open?

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Take a door. If the person I hate the most (whoever that is) gets the money I say, 'Good for you, now buy a private jet and fuck off.'

Callie

Aug 22, 2012
you have to be pretty petty given that you have nothing to lose. Of course you go for it, who cares if they get $1m, the question is really asking 'is this persons happiness worth more than $1m'?

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Well, the person I hate the most would be in prison for life, so even if he gets it, he'll never be able to spend it on anything. So sure, I'll go for it. I've got nothing to lose, he has nothing to gain. So yeah.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
The person that I hate most is dead so hell yeah I'll take the gamble. Especially since I'd assume since he's dead the money would go to his next of kin, his wife, my mother so YAY! I win either way!

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I'd have the person I hate the most sign a legally binding contract to split the money 50/50, then open whatever door. $500,000 would be more than enough for me and I'd rather have absolute certainty that my life would be changed for the better, than double the amount of money which I wouldn't realy know what to do with.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I wouldn't take either door, I sure as hell am not giving the person I hate most get 1$, not even indirectly.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
What if you dont hate anyone. Theres some people that im not particularly fond of but i tend not to associate with those people. So i wouldnt go so far as to hate anyone

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
Is the guy I hate there with me as I am deciding? If so I would choose no door just to see the look on their face.

BrassButtons

Nov 17, 2009
I don't really care if someone I dislike (I don't hate anyone) gets a huge windfall, so that part of the equation doesn't matter. I'm not going to skip trying to win the money myself because it might go to someone else instead. That would be ridiculously petty.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Easy choice: take a gamble for the million. It would be pretty petty to deny myself a chance of money just to spite someone else. If I get a million, fine. If the other guy gets a million, just more reason to hate him. :D

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
Well, the person I hate the most right now is any one of the three kids (kids being relative, they're probably early 20's) living next door, so if they won a million dollars they'd move out and then the lawn wouldn't be covered in dog shit swarming with flies and they wouldn't stand there and bang on the walls at 3 am just to piss me off because I sleep normal people hours and complain when they make so much noise it seems like the whole building is going to fall down.

So I'll go for it.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
I'd go for it. If I got nothing, I'd have the same as always. I don't care that the person I hate got it.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Miyenne said:
Well, the person I hate the most right now is any one of the three kids (kids being relative, they're probably early 20's) living next door, so if they won a million dollars they'd move out and then the lawn wouldn't be covered in dog shit swarming with flies and they wouldn't stand there and bang on the walls at 3 am just to piss me off because I sleep normal people hours and complain when they make so much noise it seems like the whole building is going to fall down.

So I'll go for it.

ok a few things to help you my friend

1. to get rid of the dog crap just put cayenne pepper all over your yard the dogs wont come near it.
2. to stop the harassment I have a few options for you. one sound proofing, two beat them at their own game and get a couple of air horns and use them right next to the wall when they are sleeping, and if all else (and you live in a particularly right sided state) fails shotgun with rock salt shells cause nothing say shut the fuck up like a leg full of rock salt.

OT: take the gamble. the ***** would blow it all in a week and then some if she won so win win for me since if I lose I get to watch her self destruct.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I will take the gamble. What's the worse the happen? Just my former mate (who I have a huge grude toward) had just become a millionaire? Big whoop.
I guess I'm trying to say I don't have hard feeling toward my most hatred person when he become a millionair even when I had something to do with it.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
ecoho said:
ok a few things to help you my friend

1. to get rid of the dog crap just put cayenne pepper all over your yard the dogs wont come near it.
2. to stop the harassment I have a few options for you. one sound proofing, two beat them at their own game and get a couple of air horns and use them right next to the wall when they are sleeping, and if all else (and you live in a particularly right sided state) fails shotgun with rock salt shells cause nothing say shut the fuck up like a leg full of rock salt.

OT: take the gamble. the ***** would blow it all in a week and then some if she won so win win for me since if I lose I get to watch her self destruct.
If only. We live in attached townhouses, our tiny yards are divided only by fences that extend 6 feet. The dog crap is all over their yard, but as it's only feet away it affects us, too. We also have a cat who I take for walks outside on a leash, so I don't want to upset him by putting anything on the grass.

I can't soundproof the walls, this place was made to look nice but made cheaply. We're only renting so we can't make any upgrades.

I also live in Canada so I can't get a hold of a gun, let alone fire it at them.

All we do is constantly complain to the property management. This kids vandalised our garage (we think it was them, as we're the only house to get it and they've already tried to damage our cars) and they were standing outside yelling at us last night because they were being loud past the curfew mandated by the property management and we've reported them for it before, as talking to them directly accomplishes nothing and they've gotten scary.

Luckily my sister works for the government and as property management isn't dealing with these kids to our satisfaction, she's going to the department in government that will deal with them.