Analogy for your mind

jakjawagon

Aug 25, 2009
My mind is like a computer that often tries to do to many things at once and so can't do any of them efficiently. Also takes ages to shut down, i.e. go to sleep.

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
obligatory.

no, but seriously: i'm not as emotionally... deep as most people. the only person i really feel anything for is my father and i don't have much of a conscious or much sympathy for others. when i was young, it was actually a problem because i would to things for no real reason other than "it seemed like a good idea" and not have any way of realizing that "that was bad, shouldn't do that" other than me getting in trouble.
thankfully, i've gotten ahold of it. i still don't feel bad about anything i do, but i can look at an action before i do it and decide whether it's a good idea or not.

so, to the topic: it's probably a guy at a computer desk pushing one of two buttons: one labeled "yes" the other labeled "no."

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
a big part probably would be a house of mirrors, and another big part would be a big pile of stuff - it's all there, it's not really ordered, but i can still find it - but if i (try to) bring stuff in order, it's sort of gone

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I would say my mind is a house invaded my squirrels on crack. My mind is everywhere (what was that? OOooo whats that?) I am constantly thinking of what if and how the world works. Infinity curious and never able to be truly satisfied with my life.

yaydod

Nov 29, 2011
My mind would be a huge computer console controled by several small beings abeying to a nice guy, but the small creatures aren't very organized and need to rest alot.
But there is also a huge cage dangling over their heads wich holds monsters of all kind, whispering horrible things and eating away the cages bar.
Hoppfully my small workers are able to hold it together.
And the nice guy is just too nice, good thing he has an evil helper next to him.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
My Mind is more like a fire than anything else, burns bright & hot on occasion, but generally just a low steady flame. It can be helpful at times, but is really destructive.

davros3000

Jun 8, 2010
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/PicassoGuernica.jpg

this is pretty much it. Read too many books on the evils of organised violence (everything from the sacking of Beziers to Rwanda) and seen a few places too.

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
Dirty, simple, random, and quite sexy. Can't really define it anymore in the simple terms, really.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Simple and inattentive. I can't think of an analogy to describe my mind other than those words...

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Pretty much:

Viewed on a raspy, scratched old TV-set found in a dilapidated, underground concrete room. There's not a single lightsource but that television. The doors in the room leads to other concrete rooms, some with dusty bones on the floor.

Wait, there's a glass of gin & tonic on a small crate by the television.

>drink gin

The TV shorts out. Nothing happens for a few seconds. Then, a quiet murmur is heard throughout the whole underground complex. The walls and the ceiling turns into butterflies. As they flutter away, they reveal a beautiful landscape rolling away to the horizon.

Get out there and explore!

Jun 7, 2010
The short version:

The long version: i honestly couldn't tell you. If i tried i'd be lying in some way, shape or form or i'd be forgetting something. So let's just say that while there's some weird/interesting shit in there, it's mostly unremarkable. However i do know for a fact that i'm narcississtic and that my "closest" friends are quite a distance away.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010

I think my mind is somewhere along the lines of the above. Insanity and hilarity.
The axe is a representation of my anger and rage that I have; The spiderman is a representation of my silliness and want to make people happy. The nipple war badges are signals of my insanity.
The wood(?) in the background is a sign of my stoic and long lasting intelligence.

Teddypimm

Jul 18, 2011
My mind would probably be a modular city crossed with a giant clock, where everything is made out of brass, gas lamps and all that stuff.
There's a few odd things about it: Firstly each "module" swaps places with another every 5 hours, except the centre module/core, which is a huge room containing a gyroscope with a eye in the centre and a extremely tightly locked safe (Automata Guards with Halberds).

Basicly, a no so stupid analogy for ordered chaos with a dash of steampunk, tech, secrets and paranoia added.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
A long hallway, with lots of rooms off it. Each room has an owner and a purpose. A fun room, an innapropriate room, a library-like room, and other rooms.

oZode

Nov 15, 2011
Most people go through the five stages like this:

Denial-Anger-Depression-Bargaining-Acceptance

I go through it like this:

Denial-Depression-Bargaining-anger-Acceptance

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
You know, this sums things up quite nicely.

...I haven't the faintest fucking idea why, but this feel right somehow.