Analyst: 360 Price Cut, Motion Controller, Imminent

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Analyst: 360 Price Cut, Motion Controller, Imminent

Rumors about an Xbox 360 motion controller are being backed by at least one analyst who is also predicting a price cut for the console.

"Hopefully, Microsoft will have something else up its sleeve, such as a new motion-enabled controller," Signal Hill Analyst Todd Greenwald said ahead of this year's E3.

He said the Microsoft system has "lost significant momentum" to competitors, particularly in Europe, and needed to expand its appeal beyond its base of first-person shooter players.

Along the same lines, Greenwald also predicted a $50 price slash for the Xbox Premium.

"The Xbox 360 price cut has essentially been confirmed by leaks from retailers at this point. We expect a USD 50 price cut on the Xbox 360 this weekend (from USD 349 to USD 299), prior to Microsoft's keynote on Monday morning," he said.

The analyst added that he did not expect Sony to lower the price of the PlayStation 3.

Source: Gamesindustry.biz [http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/expect-price-cut-and-motion-controller-from-microsoft-greenwald]

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
"Hopefully, Microsoft will have something else up its sleeve, such as a new motion-enabled controller," Signal Hill Analyst Todd Greenwald said ahead of this year's E3.
Now I don't have one of those fancy-schmancy university edumacations, but something tells me Microsoft will need more than a motion-sensitive controller. In fact, I believe it won't do a damn thing for the system. Maybe Todd Greenwald knows something we don't.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Junaid Alam said:
He said the Microsoft system has "lost significant momentum" to competitors, particularly in Europe, and needed to expand its appeal beyond its base of first-person shooter players.
I'm just waiting for someone to say "360 has more than just shooters!" and goes on to list some games that are A)Also on PC, B)Multiplatform, and/or C)Is a shooter

Oh wait, already happend >_>;

Black Ice

Dec 6, 2007
thebobmaster said:
Xwii360 said:
360 doesn't have only fps games... oh wait nevermind yes it dose.
Yes, let's ignore Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, and Beautiful Katamari.
It isn't exactly known for delivering the best non-FPS experiences. There are a few, yes, but there aren't many.

The PS3 on the other hand? Well.. it can speak for itself.

Nov 28, 2007
I have 13 360 games, 4 of which are exclusive to the 360, and another one that is only on the 360 and PC. One of those games is a FPS, and it isn't one of the 4 exclusives or the semi-exclusive one.

GoldenShadow

May 13, 2008
I have a PC, a Wii and PS3. I'm all set, no thanks Xbox 360.

When it comes down to it, for me, the choice between 360 and PS3 was decided by blu-ray.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
As long as Microsoft delivers games (that I like), then I really don't care. I'm outta the console race next gen, so the Xbox 360 can tide me over 'till then.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Wait, does that mean that Microsoft are gunna introduce 6th Axis? God, help us all...

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I don't see why a console that relies so heavily on FPS's to sell itself shouldn't have a controller that was practically born for FPS's.

Northern

Dec 1, 2007
If this motion sensor is what Microsoft are thinking, I hope it comes with an on and off feature. I honestly don't feel like playing using motion sensors in the control. That's why I bought my Wii, and I like them both. :)

Once Square Enix release their boatload of titles the 360 might have something other than FPSs going for it...

DamienHell

Oct 17, 2007
Junaid Alam said:
one analyst who is also predicting a price cut for the console
what prediction? They announced they were having a price cut, theres no guess work here

Dramus

Jul 12, 2008
Well, they didn't announce per se, it was leaked. Still doesn't take much figuring, but it's not yet official.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
What is wrong with shooters. Most games nowdays will involve at least one gun of some sort and I happen to enjoy watching somebody head explode after a sniper bullet in the eye in GoW.