Ancient youtube vids.

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Damn, I forgot about that one. Was one of the first big viral videos I remember seeing on the news. Shows how much of a novelty YT was back in the day.

This was originally uploaded in 2007, it was peak comedy for me at the time. I think the OG one got to around 30 millions view, which at the time was massive.

Theres a few different versions of this, but this is the one I remember blowing up.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Damn, I forgot about that one. Was one of the first big viral videos I remember seeing on the news. Shows how much of a novelty YT was back in the day.

This was originally uploaded in 2007, it was peak comedy for me at the time. I think the OG one got to around 30 millions view, which at the time was massive.

Theres a few different versions of this, but this is the one I remember blowing up.
Gotta send the haircut to my boy. He'll love it. Your second video is great but kinda a huge problem in modern music. That pop songs today, by design, are supposed to sound alike. ELO, Alan Parsans, YES and others? They'd get creamed today.

Reactions: Offworlder

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Gotta send the haircut to my boy. He'll love it. Your second video is great but kinda a huge problem in modern music. That pop songs today, by design, are supposed to sound alike. ELO, Alan Parsans, YES and others? They'd get creamed today.
The Guido Era was a blessed time for us all.

I feel ya, but it goes deeper (and even more ancient YT)

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Who the heck is Matt, and why has he danced everywhere around the world?
He was just a dude who loved traveling and filmed the same dance everywhere around the world. He used to be a games developer and magazine editor so he knew about YouTube in its infancy and uploaded the videos there. It was one of the very first viral videos the site ever got.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Imagine if big blockbusters had fight choreography half as exciting as this. Alas, Monty Oum, taken too soon.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
All the way back in 2008. This was when YouTube had the emphasis on "You" and not a whole bunch of corporate sponsors.

Imagine if big blockbusters had fight choreography half as exciting as this. Alas, Monty Oum, taken too soon.
You're taking me back to my days on GameTrailers. New episode would always air on GT first before going on YT.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
You're taking me back to my days on GameTrailers. New episode would always air on GT first before going on YT.
Damn, you're right, Dead Fantasy was a GameTrailers thing, not YT. Imma still count it tho

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Double feature! (I may or may not have tried playing them both at the same time, trying to make them sync)