Ancient youtube vids.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
You know, sometimes you're just having one of those days where you just feel stuck, and nothing you do seems to help get you out of that rut. You know what I find helps? This:

If at first you don't succeed. Try try again. If that isn't working, change your approach. If that creates a new problem, look for advice on a new strategy. And if that doesn't work...well, you've still got a four minute break with some energetic music.

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
One of the original meme YT videos I remember, can't believe it took me this long to remember it.

Might be kind of cheating, but the YouTube Haiku's fold a lot of older meme vids into one. Brody Quest and BaratsAndBereta (one of the first video comedy guys on YT) are included:

Speaking of BaratsAndBereta:

Jon Lajoie was also one of the first I remember. Used to quote MC Vagina every day at school:

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Oh holy shit. 15 years ago.... damn.

Reactions: Gordon_4

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Do we have Techno Viking in here yet? Cuz if not, Techno Viking

K

ko11b

The owl one is also old you can find that one you know which one 1,2,3 licks lol

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Since the latest batch of 'free' NSO games includes Zero Wing

Technically predates Youtube, but whatevs

Reactions: Bedinsis

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Oh, that sure takes me back.

Since the subject has been brought up, and since I know it ended up on GameTrailers top 10 worst games of all time list, I feel like sharing my position on the intro:

It is not bad.

It is obviously just an excuse plot to get the Schmup gameplay motivated, but in that regard, it provides characters which emote, dramatic camera angles, all set to sound effects that fits the scene and music that mirrors the mood of the scene in question, with enough of animation present to not remain just a static image. The only thing that is wanting is the translation, which, while goofy and grammatically incorrect, remains comprehensible. Meaning you understand what's going on, even though it is goofy. It's the equivalent of replacing all the dialogue of a scene with lolcat-phrases, something people already intentionally do.

Reactions: Chimpzy

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

Technically predates Youtube, but whatevs
Can you believe there are kids today who have no idea who set us up the bomb?

Reactions: Chimpzy

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Looks like some of the older MLP fan stuff is reaching the time cut off for this thread so soon I shall flood it with ponies... Maybe. I tend to be rather lazy and I do have Cults of the Lamb to lead. We'll see I suppose.