And we are back for now.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
Hey, welcome back to the forums. Seems that for now we are back. Honestly i'm a bit disapointed. i know that the new direction can do whatever they want with the new site, but i wished they had some plan to keep the forums on the new version.

For years, we, i wasnt the most active member but still, was pretty much was left alive on the escapist beside ZP. We kept the light on while everybody was away, and frankly i'm a bit sad to see our little comunity go away. you were part of my life for 9 years, and i thanks you all guys. keep enjoying the forum while we can.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Hey y'all. It's been a struggle to keep the site up AT ALL for the past week or so. But we think we've solved most of the problems we were having with the old tech.

The forums will live here for now. We are working on a plan to bring them over to the new site. It's complicated. But we're committed to not leaving this community behind.

Stay tuned for more details as I have them.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Oh, neat. Good to have this forum back. Hope it'll find a home on the new site soon.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Great to be back. Was a bit worried. Even after finding the new site.

Also, it seems noticibly faster already.

cathou

Apr 6, 2009
Russ Pitts said:
Hey y'all. It's been a struggle to keep the site up AT ALL for the past week or so. But we think we've solved most of the problems we were having with the old tech.

The forums will live here for now. We are working on a plan to bring them over to the new site. It's complicated. But we're committed to not leaving this community behind.

thanks for the respond Russ. there no announcement on the fate of the forums so far, and i'm glad that you say that they will survive !

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Russ Pitts said:

Hope y'all are able to get something figured out. Thanks for the hard work.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Russ Pitts said:

Would our accounts transfer over too or would we have to make new ones?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
Russ Pitts said:

YES!!!

This is a very important question.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013

We have life! Quick...the 20mg adrenaline, morphine/benzodiazepine and pass the oxygen please!

[small]For me, obviously not the website [/small]

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Russ Pitts said:

Another important question. How much are you gonna carry over each forum here.

I mean its a given that Gaming and Off Topic Forums will be applied, but what about the Religion and Politics forum, would that be still included?

And the other stuff like Advice Forum, Role Playing, etc.?

Also I feel it best we add new forums dedicated to Movies and Television, Music, and Literature/Comic Books.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Only been a few days, but I missed this place all the same. Good to be back.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
Also I feel it best we add new forums dedicated to Movies and Television, Music, and Literature/Comic Books.
Yeah, no. If there's a bigger userbase something like that would be worth considering but as long as there isn't that'd mean spreading the existing userbase too thin. It's better to have one forum for general discussion with a moderate amount of activity than five specified subforums with one post about once a month.

cathou

Apr 6, 2009
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Yeah, no. If there's a bigger userbase something like that would be worth considering but as long as there isn't that'd mean spreading the existing userbase too thin. It's better to have one forum for general discussion with a moderate amount of activity than five specified subforums with one post about once a month.
i agree, i think they should keep site annoucement, gaming, off topic, user review, R&P, and maybe forum games, but that's it for now until the community rebuilt. even featured content might go away now that the comments on the videos are with disqus

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Russ Pitts said:
The forums will live here for now. We are working on a plan to bring them over to the new site.
I sure as hell hope so. Disqus is the most annoying way of interacting with others on the internet. Even YouTube comment section is better.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
Russ Pitts said:

YES!!!

This is a very important question.
Is it really though?

If people'd have to make new ones then you'd just create a new account and be on your merry way, posting again, wouldn't you?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Feels good to have normal forums.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Oh thank the God I don't believe in, I was worried for days that this was all gone.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Silentpony said:
Preserving y'all's existing accounts and as much of the badges and other bells & whistles as possible is precisely what makes this complicated. It would be WAYYYY easier to simply install; a new forum system, but I don't want to do that if we can avoid it. I love these forums as much as you do. I've been a member since ... before they existed!

Samtemdo8 said:
Another important question. How much are you gonna carry over each forum here.

I mean its a given that Gaming and Off Topic Forums will be applied, but what about the Religion and Politics forum, would that be still included?

And the other stuff like Advice Forum, Role Playing, etc.?
I don't know yet. First we have to establish it's possible to migrate the forums at all.

Marik2 said:
Surprised they didn't nuke the forums.
I told you I wouldn't, and I meant it. ;)

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I legit thought that the new management had run into some kind of unknown financial issue that they weren't aware of when they got the site or something and that everything was just gone. I found the new site a day or two ago, so I then knew that wasn't the case, but after seeing it had no forums I was wondering what was intended to happen, whether the new site would have no forums or what have you.

Glad to see the light come back on here, at least for a little while. And glad to hear that the plan is to make new forums, wish we had gotten advance notice that this was going to happen (Or maybe I just missed it... not an unlikely thing to have happened) though.

As to carrying things over, I'm not all THAT attached to my things here other than my unique title. Might be cool if there was a new badge for veterans of the current forums but so long as we have a place to talk and we have our avatars I'd be pretty content with anything.