aneurysm time!

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
This nearly collapsed my head in.

Battleship: The movie: The video game: Based on a true board game, Featuring Aliens... the next big First person shooter..... ON LAND! Of which It doesnt even show a single instance when your on..... A BATTLESHIP

Seriously can anyone point to a worse concept in gaming history?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
A worse concept...that's a tough one, however:

Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter:_The_Movie_%28arcade_game%29]

A good video game gets turned into a shitty movie, which in turn gets turned into a shitty game. At least Battleship has the chance to be good due to Liam Neeson being in it. Seriously, if he gets to do the "You Sunk My Battleship" line, I may just kill myself there for there is nothing that is ever going to top that in my lifetime.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
the game sounds like a retarded idea but i have to admit the movie has me interested

way2sl0w

Resident COD Fanboy
Jan 29, 2012
Totally looking forward to "Call of The Movie Cash-in: Modern 'Modern Warfare' Rip-off"

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
This is just silly.

I hardly see how the movie is based off of the game in first place. I honestly think they should have just called it "Aquaformers" instead.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
That's a real game?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That is one of the most ...unique... jumps of logic I've seen in a while.

"So we need a new game, lets do Battleship! Yeah, oh but first-person-shooters are all the rage, so lets make it an FPS! And throw in aliens for good measure!"

How did they manage that with a straight face?

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I don't even know what in the hell.
A Battleship game, where you do not pilot battleships. A game called Battleship where you are playing on land shooting stuff with a gun.

Hey, you know what, if they can do that, then I'm gonna do a game based off of Candy Land. It's gonna be a survival horror game, in which you're trapped inside a mansion trying to survive waves of the undead and a serial killer.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
What, seriously???
This ISN'T a joke?!
tippy2k2 said:
A worse concept...that's a tough one, however:

Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter:_The_Movie_%28arcade_game%29]
OP's is more ludicrous.
It was the 80s, look at all the terrible film adaptations that came out at that time.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
I had to take the day off to recover from this....

I think if anyone anywhere buys a copy of this, regardless of the price, regardless if the game is phenomenal, regardless of an uneducated soccer mom using it as a baby sitter, Anyone rewarding activision for making this should be brought up on crimes against humanity.

The concept is that bad, as it was suggested might actually collapse the space time continuum and render reality as a null value.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
the fact that the battleship movie has aleins and rhiana is enough for me

but a first person shooter?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LETS GO INSANE TIME

by head is broken

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I honestly have no words to describe this situation. Battleship: The Game based on Battleship: The Movie based on Battleship: The Board Game, and it's an FPS on land? There are not enough facepalms in the world to sum up how stupid this is

Doesn't hurt to try though!

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Just saw the review of this on destructiod. I thought 'Battleship was about ALIENS????'
Then I found out its a land FPS. Quantum Temporal Seismic megafacepalm.

Oh, here's one I haven't seen before:

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Horrible.

Project's madder than a bastard on father's day. I can imagine the pre-production meetings for this thing were conducted cracking whippets and amyl nitrate circa a time someone tried to impress Michael Bay by showing him the VFX from Crysis.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I don't think I have enough palms or faces to adequately show how stupid this is.

Although it isn't the dumbest of things by a good distance, though.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
This and Battle Los Angeles. Crappiest games ever. What possesses some developers?