Anger in games

Ryouma

Feb 16, 2011
Do you ever get angry when you play?

Ill be honest and say yes, i get really mad sometimes.
Not cause i want to win, but cause i expect people at my lvl to actualy play like they belonge there.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
The only time I've ever been angry in a single player campaign was in the alienage elf origin of Dragon Age: Origins. What was his name? Vaughan? I wanted to nail that shit to a wall, and beat the crap out of him. I really would have strangled him, had I the chance.

As for frustration making me angry, not so much. Occasionally I get pissed off in multiplayer, but that's pretty much it.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
Bobbity said:
The only time I've ever been angry in a single player campaign was in the alienage elf origin of Dragon Age: Origins. What was his name? Vaughan? I wanted to nail that shit to a wall, and beat the crap out of him. I really would have strangled him, had I the chance.

As for frustration making me angry, not so much. Occasionally I get pissed off in multiplayer, but that's pretty much it.
What did he do? I don't remember who that was.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
ScoopMeister said:
Bobbity said:

If I remember correctly, he came down into the alienage, knocked me out, kidnapped my wife at our marriage ceremony, raped her, possibly murdered her - I'm not sure about that one - and had the most arrogant voice actor in the world.

In other words, he was the most effective character in the game, in terms of inspiring emotion, at least. :p

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
ScoopMeister said:
Bobbity said:

He barged in and raped your cousin or whoever. Something like that. Basically, he was a massive ****, and he was also species-ist. He also stole your wife.

I get pretty angry when I'm frustrated by a particularly tricky bit, by I simmer down quickly enough. I never throw or break anything, anyway.

Xixikal

Apr 6, 2011
If I get killed online repetitively I verbally rage to myself. But usually I'm pretty calm, unless I'm making a big in-game decision that doesn't really matter in real life (e.g. like in Mass Effect), then I freak out and pause the game until I can think logically about it.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
Bobbity said:
ScoopMeister said:
Bobbity said:

If I remember correctly, he came down into the alienage, knocked me out, kidnapped my wife at our marriage ceremony, raped her, possibly murdered her - I'm not sure about that one - and had the most arrogant voice actor in the world.

In other words, he was the most effective character in the game, in terms of inspiring emotion, at least. :p
Strange that I don't remember him them :/

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I get angry at NPCs in games. I have no idea why but something about Doctor Chakwas from Mass Effect just always pisses me right the fuck off.

Which is why I love games where you can kill NPCs if you want to. Fallout: New Vegas is my prime example. I got in a lot of shit because that ***** who runs the tavern in Goodsprings got on my nerves a bit so I unloaded a rifle shot into the back of her skull in the middle of the tavern.

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
sometimes, but not "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH YOU STOLE MY KILL"

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Yes! Yes, I do!

Some games can even make me feet-stompingly angry. And trust me, you wouldn't like me when I'm feet-stompingly angry.

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
It would amaze me if anyone's played through Demon's Souls or a DMC game without ever getting a little angry.

Airhead

May 8, 2008
ReservoirAngel said:
I get angry at NPCs in games. I have no idea why but something about Doctor Chakwas from Mass Effect just always pisses me right the fuck off.
Doctor Chakwas, the nice old lady? But she's so precious!

I get angry when the stuff I'm controlling does silly things (say, RTS units having pathfinding problems or rabidly chasing an enemy they're not supposed to) or when I get my ass kicked by the AI. For some reason getting beat by a fellow human doesn't feel that bad. Usually.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I don't know about angry, but I certainly get horribly frustrated from time to time.
Mostly when playing multiplayer, or dying on some piss-hard portion of the game that's really far from a save-spot.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Rage is the reason I'm not touching Need for Speed Shift any more. It made me crack a DualShock, which took an hour or so to repair. Quite proud about managing to fix one of those, by the way. They're damn complicated on the inside.

And your reason OP is why I stay away from RTS multiplayer. Somehow I always get paired up against people a bazillion times better than me.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Oh God new Mortal Kombat. FUCK YOU 1V2! FUCK YOU SHAO KAHN!
FUCK YOU CHAIR *PunchPunchPunch* RAAAAARGH THAT'S FUCKING CHEEAAAPPPP!!!

Basically this. With snarling noises.