Angriest you've ever been at a game.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Finally beating the damed Bone Dragon from Ninja Gaiden, and then something happened I can't recall, but I had to do the fucking boss fight over again.

JC123

Apr 10, 2008
I snapped the 3rd disc of Final Fantasy VII after getting absolutely destroyed by the Emerald Weapon for about the 100th time. I played the game for something like 65 hours, and still hadn't reached the grind-tastic requirement to actually be able to stand a chance against the weapons. The only way I beat it was just to bypass them altogether, which just annoyed the hell out of me for the rest of the time and made me feel like I was cheating, hence the replay which caused the snappage.

In my defence, I never intended to snap the disc. I merely ripped it out of my PS1, threw it on the carpet and began punching it, and one of the punches lifted it up and it fell half onto a VHS tape....needless to say the next punch had more of an effect than the first few had.

Thankfully I don't get that angry anymore. But damn that disc took a beating for a while. Every time I consider buying it again and replaying it, I just remember all the time I wasted on it, and yet STILL hadn't spent enough time to reach a decent level. I like a good RPG, but that's ridiculous. I could never do WoW, or anything else with crazy grind.

tagMaverick

Apr 30, 2008
(sry for posting twice, but i remembered)

Pokemon. You're playing, it's fine, wreckin' them pokemons like nobody's business. You get about 30 hours in, and you start to think, maybe I should save, well I'm almost to the boss; maybe in a few minutes. All at once, your world is devastated. The screen goes black and the little red light slowly fades away. There is nothing to be forsaken, all life has drifted to another plane, and yet left is you. One memory prevails, one word above all others. You chant it, you scream because you know that all of your work has been terminated. This was your life, and all you have to say for it is, "FUUUUUCK!!!!!!@!!11!!@1".

Zombie_King

May 26, 2008
I was playing Jak X: Combat Racing and I kept getting cheated by the impossibly hard AI. Then my controller's batteries went out at the end of the race. I broke---

Jak X: Combat Racing Disc x1

Wireless Controller x1

Pencil x1

Maidenite

May 11, 2008
In Metal Gear Solid 3 when that idiot snake tells ocelot to get a revolver!! I mean come on! Helping to make your enemy even tougher than he already was?! What's that all about.

Plus I found it even more annoying when i played all three in chronological order and spent ages trying to beat Ocelot in 1 and 2, whilst knowing that exactly why the guy was so good, because snake tells him how to be better!

Grrr

SgtSPECTRE

May 14, 2008
I remember being so pissed at the San Andreas flying school that I was repeating f*** and c*** about 5 time per second and punching the wall.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
L4Y Duke said:
fix-the-spade said:
Getting the good ending meant getting all the gems, ALL the gems. Then jumping from gem to gem over a death pit to get to the end. What happens if you missed a gem?
There's a gap in the line that you can't jump over, so you have to jump backwards BLIND back the way you came.
Should you survive this, your reward? You have to fight Cortex, one of the hardest bosses ever, did I mention that one hit from anything kills you and tree are NO masks.
Actually, if you got all the gems, you bypassed Cortex and got the good ending, if I recall correctly.
Sorry, bad wording. I meant if you missed a gem and did all the blind jumps back to where you started, your reward for all that was to fight Cortex.

I found Crash 3 to be pretty easy. Once you'd got all the power ups most of the early levels became too easy, the wumpa cannon was especially useful...

JayCro

May 1, 2008
Years ago playing FFVII on the PSOne. Started up the first disk for my 2nd or 3rd play-through and alls I get is a black screen. After about 45 minutes of restarting the PS I cracked it. Being the brain I am I proceeded to throw the disk across the room, against the floor, at the roof and rub it against the carpet.

Put the disk in and low and behold it works but instead of the usual opening cinematic with Aeris I get some Shinra cinematic I had never seen before. Managed to play through the whole disk again without a single problem, doesn't work now though...weird.

Actually getting angry at a game however...Probably DMC3 on Dante Must Die. That shit was hard. A lot of yelling and swearing whenever I played that.

olipals

Jun 8, 2008
GothmogII said:
The circus of meat level in Pyschonauts. Especially that damned trapeze section.
Agreed, I'm trying to do the darned thing today. Got incredibly mad when I discovered that saving, then loading didn't put you at the same spot but at the beginning of the level.

Ontopic, the worst I've done is send a few keys flying across the room (actually more than a few, gave me 10 mins to cool off while finding them and putting them back).

Worst I know of is when I was PvP-ing in WoW with my friend on teamspeak (he was 16 or 17 then) and he gets killed by a cow and I heard a loud "THESE F***ING SHAMANS HAVE TO BE NERFED" (remember those times, anyone?), and then TS went silent for 10 minutes, and he then came back and announced that his mother had yelled at him for 10 minutes and he was to take the night off from gaming xD I nearly peed my pants, I laughed so hard.

1-800-STFU

Jun 8, 2008
Xenogears random encounters piss me off. Really random encounters in any jRPG do. Grandia did it right.

I almost beat Res Evil 2 on my PS1 emu and my laptop hard drive crashed. My door didn't not survive the fallout.

Instinct Blues

Jun 8, 2008
Jak 2 or 3 because to me all the missions were too f***ing hard when I finally beat both of them I felt accomplished though. I remember my friend wanted me to try a new game and to save I had to create space on the memory card and he was like erase Jak 2 and 3. I then gave him the full story of how hard it was to beat both games he backed off.

TerribleTerryTate

Feb 4, 2008
Counter Strike Source for me. I'm normally a very laid back, relaxed kinda guy - but for some reason the second I load this game up, I become a nervous wreck of anger. The general, walking around a corner, shooting someone in the back of the head 50 times only for them to turn around and dick slap you to death seems to be a clincher for me to lose my temper.
That and people who randomly spin 180 degrees and headshot you through a wall, whilst being shot at from 15 people...whilst flashed, and getting raped from an elephant.
I haven't even mentioned team flashing, and team attacking either. All in all, if you want a heart attack, and you don't like smoking or drinking, play CSS. It'll get you there quicker too.

/End rage.

Rykan

Mar 5, 2008
Threads of Fate for PS1. I broke two controllers on the platform minigames you have to do.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Isaac Dodgson said:
The maddest I've ever been is hard to pinpoint, though I know the maddest my grandfather has ever been.

My late grandfather got me into gaming, and would explain my half obsession with the Zelda franchise. We played the games together, exchanged pointers, discussed the puzzles. Granted I was only seven when we started doing this right up till the end (I was fourteen when he passed away), I was still hooked, and my favorite genre are still platformers, particularly story rich, puzzle solving ones.

But I digress. When I was ten, my grandfather picked up a little game called Mischief Makers for his N64 whose main character, Ultra-Intergalactic-Cybot G Marina Liteyears (Why I remember that is both beyond me and rather sad I'm sure) is tasked in finding her beloved creator, Professor Theo who has been kidnapped by the Empire for lord only knows why, and rescuing the absent minded old man.
Ah, Mischief Makers! I wasn't necessarily angry (I worry about my companions by looking at the content of this thread) at the game, but I do distinctly remember the final battle lasting for an age, its background colours almost giving me an epileptic fit. Banjo Kazooie is also guilty of this in its bloody eternal end battle.

Fineldar

Jun 8, 2008
My CoD 4 Box is cracked from furious bending because the 360 Joysticks weren't fast enough so III kept dying on the very end of the bonus level on Veteran. If I had a computer that could run it it wouldn't have happened.

The boss on Half-Life made me angry because I missed Futurama because I thought I already destroyed the orange crystals. I started yelling after an hour.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Last boss of Ratchet and Clank 1 on the PS2. You have to use these stupid grapply things, and one of them required a pinpoint jump to reach. All the others hadn't required anything like that amount of accuracy, it was just like that particular grapple point didn't work.

Never had a better use of the word seethe.

Oh, and I broke a PS2 controller when I finished a particularly evil mission in GTA San Andreas and then died from tripping over a bicycle.

P.S. And as a semi-serious World of Warcraft raider, I have yelled obsenities the likes of which would make satan himself blush, and mutter "I say, thats a bit much", particularly when SSC had just come out and we couldn't get through a single Hydross fight without one of our tanks disconnecting at some point.

Chemfire

May 28, 2008
The fucking overtime mode in Dead Rising

Fucking hated it, hard ass assassins that killed you in an instant, hated it!

Even Half Life's Ninjas were easier! And they were fucking ANNOYING

SpikedDeception

May 21, 2008
-Trying to fly a plane in GTA:SA on the computer... *shudders*

-Or, even outside a game, not finding the disk to a game. That pisses me off royally.