Angry Bird Dev Releases Irritable Avian Footwear, But Only in China

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Angry Bird Dev Releases Irritable Avian Footwear, But Only in China

The official Angry Bird shoes are rather stylish, which makes their very limited release all the more frustrating.

Rovio, the developer behind the mobile gaming mega-hit Angry Birds, has teamed up with the largest shoe manufacturer in China to release a line of Angry Birds branded shoes, featuring all the characters - such as they are - from the game.

[gallery=459]

There are eight designs in total: One for each of the birds, another one for the pigs, and a high-top variant for the black bird. As you can see from the pictures, the shoes aren't a whole lot different from what you might see come out of Converse, especially the black bird high tops, which look almost exactly like Chuck Taylor All Stars. They're they perfect thing to wear if you need to assault some pigs, or - in the case of the pig design - steal some eggs.

Unfortunately, getting your hands on a pair of Angry Birds shoes is harder than you might think, as they are currently exclusive to China. That doesn't mean it's impossible, of course - you can buy them online [http://store.micgadget.com/53-shoes], where they're actually quite reasonable - but it's going to be really tricky to take them back if they don't fit.

Source: MIC Gadget [http://micgadget.com/15134/hands-on-with-angry-birds-shoes/]

RoboGeek

Apr 3, 2010
I want some of those SOOO Much

CAPTCHA "onverse the" ...wow almost converse

EDIT: i would actually buy some but there sizes only go up to size 10 UK size what guy has feet that small seriously

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Oh great they are just like the Addidas Star Wars trainers, something I would like to buy but I can't!

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
RoboGeek said:
I want some of those SOOO Much

CAPTCHA "onverse the" ...wow almost converse

EDIT: i would actually buy some but there sizes only go up to size 10 UK size what guy has feet that small seriously
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1168714/Big-Foot-Britain-The-average-mans-feet-grown-size-just-years.html

To quote:

Half a decade ago, the average was a UK size 8. Now it is 9 and, to underline the trend, demand for size 12s has soared, retailers say.
So apparently, most men do.

OT: Shrug. I don't think they look that good. Though I don't really obsess over shoes.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Suddenly I feel regret for buying a pair of converse shoes that look exactly like those, but sans bird/pig. Such a waste of valuable geek space.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
I jumped on the Angry Birds Fanwagon just today.

Suddenly I'm very glad I have, coz now I can appreciate this even better.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Why don't the pictures work for me?

Not that I'd buy Angry Birds merchandise but damnit, I want to at least see what's up with it!

Theswweet

Apr 25, 2011
Captain Placeholder said:
Am I the only one who doesn't get Angry Birds? It isn't addicting. It is a flash game that I have played a hundred times before.

/yawn
You aren't alone, I can understand if others like it... but I don't see the appeal. There have been better time wasters that have come before. The only reason this has taken flight (pardon the pun), is because its a good app for the kiddies!

Personally, I would rather play a quick puzzle game, or, if I have more time - possibly a round pf CoD zombies on my itouch. I just don't see the appeal for myself.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Quaxar said:

Not that I'd buy Angry Birds merchandise but damnit, I want to at least see what's up with it!
It think it is a conspiracy; I can't see the images either. I though it is more likely that creating the Doctor Who quiz released the Master and all the other villains onto the site in virtual form and they are reaking havoc around here.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Releasing a product in china strikes me like throwing a barbeque in a shark tank. I mean they're notorious for not protecting intellectual property. Don't be surprised at how fast the knock-offs come along. :/

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
Quaxar said:

It think it is a conspiracy; I can't see the images either. I though it is more likely that creating the Doctor Who quiz released the Master and all the other villains onto the site in virtual form and they are reaking havoc around here.
Excuse me while I disconnect my screen. I'm not having Angels enter my house!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
No pics here either.
So now Rovio's next step in world domination is shoes. Slow but steady it would seem.

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
Way too colourful for me. Though it would make me feel superior when everyone is looking at my feet when they're facing me...