Ani-Chan

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
That's... something. Also, look what I found after going to the site:

"The Katawa Shoujo server seems to be crippled overloaded. Please try again later."

I don't know if I find that funny or not...

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
"This still manages to make marginally more sense than the Soulcalibur IV / Star Wars crossover."

Yes, yes it does, but you know what, I love the fighting mechanics in Soul Calibur, and despite the sorely misspelled title, the occasional fan sex-symbol service, and the weird crossovers, Soul Calibur III and IV remain my favourite fighting games, and one of my favourite Xbox games ever along with the FIFA games and Saints Row II. I enjoyed having Starkiller in the lineup, and lets face it, ignoring 'canon', there's no way you can make a fighting game WORSE by increasing the character roster and variety (assuming none of them are OP'd).

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
EverythingIncredible said:
I can't be the only one who is disturbed that people fetishized disabled people enough to not only make a game out of it, but to localize it too...
It was made in english, and the game doesn't use the disabilities as a fetish. I suppose you could say two of the main themes of the game are coming to terms with your own disability for the main character, and learning to accept and understand others'.

andy25100

Sep 5, 2010
Nothing beats Katawa Shoujo & Critical Miss it won't be long before Erin is seeing Misha follow her round.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
burningdragoon said:

"The Katawa Shoujo server seems to be crippled overloaded. Please try again later."

It's meant to be a reference to a scene in the game. Also meant to be sad but cute.

I can't be the only one who is disturbed that people fetishized disabled people enough to not only make a game out of it, but to localize it too...
The game is not what you think it is. Trust me, try it out. And if you're under 18 make sure to check the box in options. Or you could still do it if your over 18. The intimate scenes are only a very small part of the VN. The real attraction is the feels!
*Insert obligatory feels picture here/I'm Dead comic img*

Now at aimed at the actual comic. Soooooooo when's the release date?

Captcha: fundeas civilized Indeed it is.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Nope, nope, nope. It's all wrong. Hanako should be by Lilly's side. Otherwise this makes no sense. She's totally dependent on her, so her being away from her makes me RAGE!!!
Yes, I like to nitpick.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
I bet this comic started with one idea, how can I draw Darth Vader in a school girl outfit and make it somewhat make sense?

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Educate yourself on whatever you're trying to talk shit about before the talking of the shit.

#1) I doesn't fetishize anything. Okay so the girls have disabilities, but as does the hero.
#2) It was made in English.
#3) It's tasteful, well written and fucking depressing.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Critical Miss is now the best comic on the entire internet!

[shamelessplug]

Also, if any of you fine folks want to join the Katawa Shoujo Fan group please go ahead :)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Katawa-Shoujo-Fans

[/shamelessplug]

Truth Cake

Aug 27, 2010
RanD00M said:
Nope, nope, nope. It's all wrong. Hanako should be by Lilly's side. Otherwise this makes no sense. She's totally dependent on her, so her being away from her makes me RAGE!!!
Yes, I like to nitpick.
And you didn't even point out Rin's creepy smile? AND the fact that it looks like Hanako doesn't have any scars at all? Tsk tsk, you're not nitpicky enough :p

Ah, clever! You judge the game's content without even having played it to see the actual content of the game for yourself (although I suppose the word 'game' is a pretty poor category to put it under, it's a visual novel...)
Most people would call that 'prejudice' or something of the like, some others might call it 'efficiency'! I'm in the former group, of course. You should really actually play it- it's not like you're going to spend too much money on it :)

OT: Hilarious, although even if they made a Vader arc just for giggles, I don't think I'd go for it...

Wait a second... Darth Vader, an obviously male character, in a female schoolgirl outfit? IT'S A TRAP! *crowd boos*

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Liking somebody, even sexually (especially sexually), does not become a "fetish" if they're crippled in some way or another. They are people too, and have the same needs as anybody else. The point of Katawa Shoujo is to illustrate that teenagers/young adults with some form of disability are just as normal as you or I, worry about the same problems, enjoy the same activities, and experience sexual discovery, in their own way of course. Incidentally, it's set in Japan, but was made by Westerners. Play it, and be enlightened.

Daystar Clarion said:
I don't know what's weirder, the fact that Vader's a Japanese schoolgirl, or that I'm perplexed as to why he/she is wearing clothes over his/her armour.
Meh, Japanese schools are pretty strict when it comes to uniform. Already having special burn armour on isn't likely to excuse you.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
burningdragoon said:

If you'd like a mirror to download the game, please go here:
http://easymodo.net/KatawaShoujo/

BeastofShadow

Jun 29, 2009
Fantastic comic. Defiantly one of the funniest in awhile and I must say thank you for helping to publicize this oddly unique experience. Will never be able to watch Star Wars again though.

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
Oh god that would have made that game very awkward. And...I don't want to think about vader arc Act 4, oh god no I did >_<.

Off topic: I'm kinda surprised, damn near everybody seems to know about and has played this game o_O

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
If Vader's sportin the standard anime eyes under that mask, he really could be called Little Orphan Annie.

Mathak said:
Irradiated Tiger said:
Well that was...unexpected.

What personality would Vader-chan have anyway?
I'm guessing she'd be Tsundere.

'S-stupid r-rebels...it's not like I'm blowing your p-planet up b-because I l-like you or anything!'
'*grumble, grumble* Obi-wan no baka...'