Animaniacs coming back

Burnhardt

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 13, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I'm not so sure about the reboot.

Most of the genius of the original was how the writers, and animators were able to get a lot of the more adult jokes past the Fox censors through clever wordplay and visual jokes.

They won't be able to recreate that ever again. A streaming service has no censors to answer to, and on a broadcasted channel it would feel like we were being pandered to.

Also Hulu is not available legally in the UK yet. So sod 'em.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Not really my cup of tea, I only remember random clips from the original show. I remember seeing it both subbed and dubbed in Swedish so I suspect it was a matter of them having a show with humor that is a bit difficult to translate. I hope it turns out good though.

I am reminded of a joke I thought up during the Obama years:

"Sometimes I wonder what happens to politicians after they fail to win a presidential election. I mean, just because they don't end up in the highest office does that not mean that their career is over. For instance, Adlai Stevenson who was soundly defeated by Eisenhower ended up as the ambassador to the UN and was the first to question the Soviets about the Cuban missiles. It makes me wonder: what are Sarah Palin and John McCain doing nowadays?"
"The same thing they are doing every night: trying to take over America!"
~They're Palin, they're Palin and McCain, Cain, Cain, Cain, CAIN, Cain, Cain, Cain~

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I am reminded of a joke I thought up during the Obama years:

"Sometimes I wonder what happens to politicians after they fail to win a presidential election. I mean, just because they don't end up in the highest office does that not mean that their career is over. For instance, Adlai Stevenson who was soundly defeated by Eisenhower ended up as the ambassador to the UN and was the first to question the Soviets about the Cuban missiles. It makes me wonder: what are Sarah Palin and John McCain doing nowadays?"
"The same thing they are doing every night: trying to take over America!"
~They're Palin, they're Palin and McCain, Cain, Cain, Cain, CAIN, Cain, Cain, Cain~
Ok, I didn't quite laugh out loud lol, but I nearly did.

Though Palin and McCain, apart from having the right names didn't really try to conquer the US that often, which is a shame given who did.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
"Okay, bye bye! No squatters in the stadium until after the games are over. That's when the urban decay sets in."

...okay, this show might be pretty great actually...