Anime #4- Cosplay: If you were to go to a convention or Comicon or whatever, who would you be?

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
BanicRhys said:
Steiner from FF9 because he's pretty much the only character I like with a similar build to me.

Of course I would never actually cosplay because I cbfed making the costume and I find the whole practice creepy.

Speaking of creepy, if I could find a pedobear costume I would probably go as him if I had to cosplay as something.

evilneko said:
Rin Kokonoe.

Except I'm not small enough. :(

That show damn near turned me into a real life pedobear.
Rin IS a whole lot of cute. :p

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Wait...does it have to be from an anime?

In that case...uh, Ash Ketchum (you can't argue with the classics).

But for what it's worth I go to the annual Supanova in Sydney and I greatly admire all the cosplayers. As such next year me and some mates are planning on going in costume as the classic characters from zombies (not an anime, but the fun side-game from Call of Duty) because we love the game and think it would be a good laugh.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
dante from DMC3, i get to walk around with a red trench coat and a massive sword, why wouldn't i?

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Even though I am not male, Pip from Hellsing. this is a cosplay I've been dying to do but it suits me well....

Maybe Seras Victoria even though she's really overdone.......

Lenvoran

Apr 29, 2010
If I were to go by look and body type? Probably Kyoya from Ouran Host Club. Tall. Skinny. Dark hair. Glasses. Pointed facial structure.

Wouldn't be too hard to pull off. Just get the uniform. Or any number of other outfits he wears.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I've always thought that cosplaying as Jin from Samurai Champloo would be most accurate (for me, physique, facial features, personality etc.-wise), but I've always wanted to do:

Piglet and all!

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I went to one anime convention dressed as a creeper from Minecraft. The reason I went as a creeper was because I assumed it was the easiest costume to make. It's basically a giant box for the body and a slightly less giant box for the head. I also didn't need to have any physical appearances to look like the character, making the cosplay more believable.

William Fleming

Mar 6, 2011
orangeapples said:
Gameboy from Captain N. All it would take is a giant cardboard box, like 3 or 4 colors of paint and time

also, this guy is awesome because of how hilarious this is.

even if you don't like FFVII, how can you not appreciate that?
I have just saved that picture, one of my favourite cosplays ever

I would have to go as a mobile Suit Gundam:
http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2007/05/gundamcosplaybox.jpg

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Hmmm....good question.

Either Ayasaki Hayate from Hayate the Combat Butler or Gintoki from Gintama.

Chappy

May 17, 2010
Rubel from Claymore, why?

Glasses? Check, hat? (love me a hat) Check, Easy and cheap to do on budget for someone with little skill at making costumes? Yes.

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
I could pull off Kamina from Gurren Lagann.

Just who the hell do you think I am?

thick doona

Jul 11, 2011
Mackheath said:
orangeapples said:
Gameboy from Captain N. All it would take is a giant cardboard box, like 3 or 4 colors of paint and time

also, this guy is awesome because of how hilarious this is.

even if you don't like FFVII, how can you not appreciate that?
That wins on so many levels.

OT; L from Death Note; I'm close to the body type, physical look and can mimic the accent easily.
Take some potato chips, and eat them! XP

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Either Gino Weinburg or Prince Schneizel from Code Geass, love the Britannian knights of the round uniforms in that series.

Either that or just go as a random Gallian militia soldier from Valkyria Chronicles as ive got a friend who said she would go as one of them aswell.

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
Weird. I've watched more anime than any western series and read more manga than donald ducks at this point, and loved evry second of it.Yet when I think what character I would cosplay as Im drawing a complete blank.

Wait, scratch that. Caim from Drakengard. I got same hair color and length. Plus the sword & outfit combo would be easy to pull off. And hes badass up to eleven. I got a buddy who cosplays frequently so I could probably get pointers from him.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I went to Kapow-Con in April dressed as a Sith. The black outfit, cape, boots, lightsaber, belt, and gloves took ages to piece together (and far more money then I'm willing to admit).

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
When I enter a convention people would see me in my bulky armor and cry "It's the Master Cheif!". So Master Cheif is my choice.