Anime ending that disappointed you

Gorog2

May 27, 2009
I recently just finished watching "fullmetal alchemist", and felt let down by the ending...
I know that not every story has a happy ending, or sad bitter sweet ending. But after watching all of the plot twists come to the conclusions that it did, and knowing it was over.... I felt disappointed...

I have felt this way about other Anime's but was wondering.
What Anime's have you ever felt let down by, or saddened at the ending?

darkstarangel

Jun 27, 2008
I thought that Blood: the last vampire was a bit of a let down. I couldn't understand why such a short anime with little plot & mundane finish got so much hype & advertising.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Death note comes to mind.
Although the ending wasn't exactly the worst part.

Highschool of the dead was pretty shit.

Dewsby

Apr 17, 2012
Master of the Martial Hearts has the worst ending to any series I have ever seen. It is only five episodes and is worth watching if you get a kick out of bad anime. The ending had me laughing so hard at the cancer it calls plot twists I had to leaf room.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Eve's arc never got any closure. Hell, they have extra episodes revolving around Vino's love and some new guy with a thing for wrenches but you can't show Eve finally getting to meet her long-lost brother? The never-ending story bit is nice but that's no excuse to leave an arc hanging.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Wolf's Rain not only set the bar for top tier shitty endings, it blew it off the scale and into orbit.

Don't get me wrong, it was interesting... but the same could be said of ME3's ending (lol). After seeing the end of Wolf's Rain, I wish I never watched it to begin with, because really what can you think afterwards beside, "...WHAT WAS THE POINT!?".

To save anyone from harm, I will Spoil it: Every character starts dropping dead in bizarre and pointless tragedies ala 'Final Destination' style, and then all the remaining characters just die. Whats even more jarring then the deaths was the fact that this all comes out of fu***** nowhere, like the people making this show just ran out of money or something. That or the entire anime was just an expensive exercise in trolling.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Gorog2 said:
I recently just finished watching "fullmetal alchemist", and felt let down by the ending...
I know that not every story has a happy ending, or sad bitter sweet ending. But after watching all of the plot twists come to the conclusions that it did, and knowing it was over.... I felt disappointed...

I have felt this way about other Anime's but was wondering.
What Anime's have you ever felt let down by, or saddened at the ending?
The first FMA or Brotherhood? I can understand it for the first FMA in particular.
Yeah, that entire first series basically built up to a woman dancing, a few alchemy performances and then pretty much all the characters being worse for it. I then watched the movie in hopes it could maybe make things a bit better? Oh man, I felt even worse after that... Thank god for Brotherhood!

jake557

May 30, 2008
Yu Yu Hakusho

The last saga was full of plot holes and inconsistencies. There was plenty of spectacle, and I enjoyed watching it at the time, but compared to the previous sagas it felt like a really messy way to end the story. It wasn't exactly bad, it just felt like a let down to what was otherwise a really well paced series.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Dragon Ball Z

Goku just leaves everyone to go train with this kid he just met who is also the reincarnation of the being that previously destroyed the earth.

:|

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
The ending to Samurai Champloo was a bit of a damp squib.

It pulled the classic 'let's leave it open for specials or another series,' destroying any sense of resolution and killing all the tension the final few episodes had built up.

Given how many parallels it runs with Cowboy Bebop, you'd think they could have at least copied that shows masterful ending.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Desert Punk.
That ending was a 180 leap into the toilet.
In addition I'd put Chobits and My Bride Is A Mermaid but they had cheesy story-lines anyway so there really wasn't anything to be disappointed about.

Harold Hansen

Oct 6, 2011
GANTZ
You're left wondering if all this went through his head or actually happened. Either way, I was disappointed, since like in Wolf's Rain, everyone dies(props to pixelated for providing an example). Kind of like coming past the climax to a story that didn't turn out in the protagonist's favor, and then they discover a way to reverse time. Like the final campaign in the first Sonic game for the Xbox 360. If I was one of the characters, and I still remembered everything that happened, and the end of the game I would have visited a hypnotist to get the entire thing erased from my memory. Even if it did happen, there'd be no fucking point to having it taking up space in the memory bank.

Gorog2, you should watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood if you want a version that follows the story of the manga. Wikipedia's words, not mine, but it does offer a more direct ending, with some OVA's to follow.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

I hate the show quite fucking passionately. Eventhough the concept is very good, the characters are annoying and stagnant, they never develop beyond their initial characteristics, and nothing interesting about them is ever revealed apart from the obvious supernatural aspects. It's a show that goes in circles without gaining any ground whatsoever.

The movie however was very good, because it changed all that. The characters finally had motivation and things were genuinely happening. It shook things up and before long I was on the edge of my seat.

But then it ends with the status quo, presumably so that the show can continu without a hitch. Nothing is gained or lost, and all those interesting events might as well not have happend at all. Fuck you!

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Naruto - No wait...
Bleach - No shit another one not ended yet -.-....
Fairy tail - FuckThisShit I am going home!