Anime Review: Toradora!, Part 1

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
*sigh* I watched two episodes and....I think I like it. Nice to have a male protagonist who seems normal. Not a meathead and not a complete loser/dork. Just a regular dude.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
the review itself was good. As far as when I watched the anime? Well it's good, and I don't mind following links when I see it's name popped up, but I felt no change when it was over. The ending was alright, not what I really expected, but the plot 'twist' if you can call it that, I saw coming fairly early. It's not like I'm a magician you can do it to. I felt, whatsherface, the model, to be a lagging part of the show. Sure leading to laughs and a few insights, and perhaps a unique spin on a highschool teen anime. You gave it a fair review. Personally, I felt is was alright, but on reflection, they couldn't add anything or it would ruin it, nothing could be taken away or it'll loose it's charm. But I can't say this is my all time favorite anime.
Also, it's key to know I examined as a whole. I liked the characters a great deal, but like I said, I gave it time, I saw it through, I just can't say it's a favorite of mine

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Hmm, sounds like something to take a glance at sometime. While romantic comedies are usually a definite no-go for me, I did enjoy the character drama of "Spice & Wolf", including the romantic aspects. Strong character interaction go a long way to make pretty much any genre watchable.

Ph33onix

Jun 4, 2010
Imperator_DK said:
Hmm, sounds like something to take a glance at sometime. While romantic comedies are usually a definite no-go for me, I did enjoy the character drama of "Spice & Wolf", including the romantic aspects. Strong character interaction go a long way to make pretty much any genre watchable.
Oh dude if you like ookami to koshinryo you will love this toradora believe me the female architype is a lot more tsundere and less witty-immortal girl but still. And yes i know the wolfgirl is not immortal i just said it cuz it would have sounded bad sayng witty-somewhere between 200 and 300 years old wolf girl.

hightide

Kittenkiller
Jun 17, 2009
My favorite anime ever... Well, at least favorite anime under 300 episodes :p

I'm not really a romantic/comedy fan since most of it is terrible, but the great ones will find a special place in my heart and I thought ToraDora was great. Some people are put off by Taiga and I guess thats fine, cause she isn't a bland or normal character, so she will rub some people the wrong way. Just super funny and only gets mushy in a couple parts, so even if you don't like romance you should watch it.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
Wrds said:
It gets on my nerves when people instantly turn their nose up at a show for it's cliche's. Still, after reading the Light Novel, I was unable to watch the show again. Taiga is much less annoying tsundere, and ryuuji seems much less retarded, because he has these interesting inner monologues that can be rather funny.
While I haven't seen any episodes, I have seen comments such as this one pop up now and again, and, usually, it's not a good sign for the show. There's preferences, and then there's warnings. I'd like to think it's the latter, as I've read the first volume of the light novel, and if that's as witty Ryuuji gets, then I think I'm in for some very dry humour.

SpikeFT

Nov 18, 2009
Simply said: Its worth watching its nicely done, funny and other stuff that may surprise you in pleasant ways

Toasted Nuts

Feb 17, 2010
I loved this Anime, as the reviewer said it is a sensible Anime and doesnt have any really stupid situations (Except one , and only one moment where i thought to myself WHAT?? Where did that come from?) If you've watched it/will watch it you will know what i mean.

I thought the story was good, the characters were great and it had good comedy and emotion in equal measures and it actually has a half decent ending, whereas a lot of animes dont have one.

I recommend it highly :)

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
One of my all time favorites. And I will Freely admit that the Christmas arch about... 3/4ths of the way through? Half way? Anyway, that part made me shed serious man tears, reaally pulls at the heart strings. If you start at the first episode, watch them all, its worth it.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
I just finished watching this series and I have to say I loved it. It's the first strictly rom-com anime I've seen so I'm sad to hear most aren't as good as this one.

The title of most interesting character has to go to Ami Kawashima. She really is a sweet girl at heart and is remarkably perceptive. I felt sad that she became somewhat ignored in the latter half of the series and was only really brought in to dispense some key (and often ignored) insight. If I had been in charge I would have made her a little more assertive about her feelings for Ryuuji. I was also a bit disappointed that we never really find out what happened between Taiga and Kitamaru (who is awesome btw). But other than that the series is pretty solid and gives good character development throughout. It seemed to have just the right amount of major and minor characters to keep things personal yet uncrowded. I wish it had gone on for a bit longer too, there was a lot of potential for filler-esque episodes which would have given just the right gaps between the main story arcs.

I would highly reccommend this to anyone who likes romance in their anime. And if you aren't sure if that's you, give it a try anyway as you might just be pleasantly suprised...

Gothproxy

Mar 20, 2009
Great review.
I'm a fan of the Toradora series and couldn't agree more with your assessment. Haven't finished it yet but I look forward to it.

unnamedsos

Dec 30, 2009
Nice anime indeed, but first i read it as manga !! there are some difrences between those but still same flow =-)
u sure can sa what gonna happen in the end if u are a Janapan manga , anime fan ; but how he gonna do it is the difrence !! the story sure pull u with him and makes u folow all the episodes !
it is an anime witch u can easillt watch it with someone who doesn't really know japan and their customs ;for example i did watch it with my GF and she sure enjoyd it !

FlieGuts

Aug 12, 2012
I'm looking foward to this show.

Dare anyone here review Dance in the Vampire Bund? Or will it just be dismissed on a surface basis?