Anime that flew under the radar... and just plain underrated anime

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
otome wa boku ni koishiteru pulls on my heart strings. :) If you're in the trans community, it will strike a deeper chord with you. :)

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
DeadMix said:
Ergo Proxy has not received enough love, that's for sure. Not that anyone's unduly trashed it, It's just that I'm the only person I know who's even heard of it.
Which is more criminal;
- never hearing about it, and never seeing it,
or
- owning it, but not having the time to ever sit down with it?

I fit into the 2nd option, btw. :( I got it, but then, I haven't had a chance to sit down with it.

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
Kino's Journey
Haibane Renmai
Elfen Lied
Paranoia Agent
Technolyze

Definitely not enough people have seen those anime's, despite being among my all time favourites. In fact I've never met another person who's seen Kino's Journey or Technolyze. Most people can't seem to get over the fact that Technolyze has nearly no dialogue for the first 5 episodes, and Kino rides a talking motorcycle. Eh, more's the pity for them.

bj_waters

Apr 13, 2009
PhoenixKing said:
I didn't really know anything about the series. I asked my anime-loving friend what it's about, and he told me it's really depressing. So I kinda prepared myself for everyone dying in the end. And I got that in a very epic way.
Still sounds like you knew more than I did and that was enough.

Other people have been suggesting Higurashi, but I think you need to prepare people before you recommend it. I've only read the manga adaptation and I got completely freaked out after about 6 volumes, never wanting to do anything with the franchise again.