Anime you are watching

Sirron Kcuch

Jan 3, 2012
I recently got back to watching anime, since I found a show which I consider not-too-retarded: Mirai nikki, which is Death Note meets Evangelion. It still has some cliché, fanservice moments, but it's overall batshit crazy and doesn't give a damn about morals in order to illustrate just how crazed the characters are.

Pretty interesting.
So, what are the Escapists watching?

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Recently finished:

Un-Go - interesting... detective story... thing... though a tad miscast IMO
Le Chevalier D'Eon - (again)... enjoyable, though a bit hammy in retrospect and I'm desperately trying not to pick holes in it (historic timeline-wise)
Haibane Renmei - (again, again)... cannot recommend this series enough...
Tamayura Hitotose - more guff from Sato Junichi about not much happening (though Momoneko-sama is adorable)

Currently watching:

Nurarihyon no Mago - Sennen no Makyo
Chihayafuru
Last Exile - Fam, the Silver Wing (just started watching)

... and what's with Aki Toyosaki being in everything lately?! Though I'm sure I could say the sake for Yoko Hikasa... -_-

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
After a relatively good year, I've jumped on the winter season 2012 anime bandwagon as well. And frankly, it ain't that special. I have a lot of shows on the 3 episode trail; if I still like it after the third episode, I'll watch it through to the end, otherwise it gets dropped.

Currently watching:

Nisemonogatari: It's Bakemonogatari, but more of it. Instant favorite.

Mouretsu Pirates: On 3 episode trail.

Gintama: Hilarious.

Daily lives HSB: Pretty fun, much like Gintama

Ano Natsu: On 3 episode trail.

Another: On 3 episode trail.

Amagami SS Plus: I watched the first season, which was neither good nor bad. An excellent time killer.

Things are looking grim... I might pick up shows that I haven't listed if I hear anything good about them.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-

One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Persona 4 The Animation
Gundam AGE

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
I don't watch much anime, but when I do it's either One Piece or Persona 4: The Animation.

I might add Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood to this list.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Sirron Kcuch said:
Is P4 worth watching?
You played the game and liked it? Definitely worth watching.

Though a lot of people feel P4 is a bit rushed. However, at least it follows the story pretty much to a T.

TipsyRam

Jan 17, 2011
Well nothing that i'm watching right now, but I did just get done watching Seitokai Yakuindomo which was pretty funny. Probably will be watching Hayate no Gotoku soon.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I'm currently watching.

One Piece.
Fairy Tail.
Beezlebub one of the funniest animes I've ever seen.
Bakemonogatari on episode 6 and loving it already, the show is just so unique and interesting.
Another. Just saw episode 1 waiting for episode 2.
Kill me Baby. My new secret shame.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Just finished up Vision of Escaflowne, a great show that can get a little silly at times.

Started watching Fruits Basket

Persona 4: a great adaption that almost makes me forget about the disappointing Trinity soul

For the new winter stuff: Nisenmonagatrai, the fun little sequel to Bakamonagatri which while I did enjoy it,Senjohara bugged me.

Smyphongears: Seems to want to be the Raxenphon to Madoka's NGE. NOt sure how well that works but it's still a fun magic girl series.

Therme Romae, a weird little show about a roman bathhouse architect traveling to present day Japan and learning about bath houses. It's odd and over the top and really enjoyable

Rinne No Lagrange: Came off as utterly generic but their was giant robot suplexing so I'll give it a few more episodes

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
Well Bleach and naruto are my staples along with Fairy Tail. I'm waiting for Fate/Zero to come back. A couple of guilty pleasures in High school DxD and Zero No Tsukaima F. I'd watch more but I'm pretty swamped with College work

Snoozer

Jun 8, 2011
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Death Note and FLCL. Especially FLCL has a high rewatch value. Since the entire story is told in 6 episodes, there are a lot of details, you won't recognize at first sight.

weker

May 27, 2009
Just caught up to the most up to date episode of One Piece in about 4 weeks, and also started watching D gray man dubbed

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
Just finished Gurren Lagann (ridiculously good fun if you can look past all the contrived plot twists) so I'm not really in the middle of watching anything at the moment. Except the Big 3 of course. . . Oh yeah there's a new episode of One Piece out! See ya!

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I recently obtained a copy of an out-of-print Steam Detectives box set from the defunct (but otherwise excellent) distributor ADV, which I'm currently enjoying.

Once I get through that, I'm starting on Baccano!

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
I read more manga than I watch anime, the two recent ones ive seen have been Gurren Lagann (Amazing show and easily one of the best animes I've ever seen) and Dragonball Z Kai (Greatly improved from its original dub, and a whole lot shorter too, possibly the best anime I've ever seen)

Lectori Salutem

Apr 11, 2011
Ghost in the Shell, which is just fantastic.

.Hack, which is nice if you're also playing the games. (A shame the games tend to be somewhat repetitive)

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Currently watching D.Gray-Man...don't recommend watching the series in English, then from Episode 52 onwards watching it in Japanese, very jarring experience (for me). But I am loving the series...I just can't understand why I'm so fond of Road...
Oh, and I'm also watching Kenichi...AWAKEN SEBASTIAN!