Anime.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Today?

Deadman Wonderland- not entirely sure how to describe it
My Ordinary Life- Azumanga Daioh on acid

Puella Magi Madoka Magica- watch this before Mami shoots you.

A-Channel - good, not great; your mileage may vary on the comedy
Gosick- French little girl Sherlock Holmes in the 1920's with a Japanese Watson

Catfoot

Jul 29, 2009
darkcommanderq said:
Ok that rant aside anime worth your time Yu Yu Hakasho is awesome. Its like DBZ meets Bleach and it has an actually end. Think its like 117 episodes. You said your going to watch trigun, very good, defiantly get to that. Gunsmith Cats is another good classic anime. Bacanno = epic. A new show this anime season is An No Exorcist which is shaping up to the awesome as well. (It looks like trinity blood but better).

NOTE: (people who are or are thinking about starting bleach)
Yeah im just going to say it now.

Bleach has become terrible. To much filler, and show reset it self which basically means the whole first several arcs up until Aizens defeat is pointless. They should have followed yu yu hakashos example and just end the show at that point.

Naruto however has preserved quite nicely despite it also containing a lot of filler. (at least naruto filler is usually flashbacks to events that you didnt witness the first time around, whereas bleach filler is ALTERNATE STORIES THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING).
I've been trying to deny it to myself for years, but yeah Bleach has gotten absolutely awful. If it could have just rushed to the end of the Aizen arc without all the filler and ended the series there it could have been an amazing anime, but it's ruined itself and is obviously just being dragged along to make money.

Also, I'd massively reccomend Gurren Lagann to anyone, absolutely amazing.
Air Gear is worth a watch and read (the anime cuts off just as the story is starting to get good) everyone who I reccomend AG to seems to love it ^^
Shame about the fanservice in it >.<

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
from the looks of it, most of the animes mentioned here are classic ones, and barely mention new ones. =\

Which is why I stopped watching animes about 3 years ago.

BUT! Grave of the fireflies is a must btw. Manly tears were shed.

Retal19

Dec 5, 2010
The Anime's I've liked most so far (Excluding Movies) are Hellsing, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Trigun and Soul Eater.

darkcommanderq

Sep 14, 2010
Catfoot said:
I've been trying to deny it to myself for years, but yeah Bleach has gotten absolutely awful. If it could have just rushed to the end of the Aizen arc without all the filler and ended the series there it could have been an amazing anime, but it's ruined itself and is obviously just being dragged along to make money.

Also, I'd massively reccomend Gurren Lagann to anyone, absolutely amazing.
Air Gear is worth a watch and read (the anime cuts off just as the story is starting to get good) everyone who I reccomend AG to seems to love it ^^
Shame about the fanservice in it >.<
Yeah I tried to quit bleach and come back to it, after a length of time that I assumed the fillers would be finished for. I was mistaken. lol....

As for Gurren Lagaan that shit is Terri....
TERRIFIC. (HAHA you thought I was going to bash it).

But for people who like the feel of bleach check out Shakugan no Shana. Has a very bleach-like pressmise, but is just really good.

Also you havent seen fan service till you see Freezing....Worst fan service ever.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Wenseph said:
Black Lagoon is my favourite and Higurashi is really good to, it's both scary and cute. Berserk is also great, though I hated the ending
Berserk's ending did feel kind of disconnected from the rest of the series, like the last two episodes were lifted out of some surrealist hentai flick or something, and then edited down for TV. One could probably have gotten used to it if the series had stuck with it longer - I heard there's a anime movie sequel on the way, so it might - and the shift to it hadn't been so sudden and jarring though.

Still great, the first and last two episodes just don't really feel like they belong with the rest, and it falls just a bit short because it ends on that note.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
PatrickXD said:
Have you ever tried Hellsing? Watch the OVA's, it's awesome!
Afro Samurai is pretty cool, watch it dubbed and you get to hear Samuel L Jackson!
If you don't mind the insane amounts of fanservice, High School of the Dead is really cool. But seriously, the fanservice is horrendous.
These are all reasonably short series' though, unlike the 300 episodes of Bleach.
There's a HOTD ova out now... its completly fan service for males and females alike.(still have mental scars from seeing Hirano Kouta in swimwear)

OT: Watch Black Lagoon if your interested in mature anime with some dark-humour. I second the Hellsing Ultimate/OVA (from my avatar you my guess that I am a bit of a fan)Baccano! is also very good. Most of these animes are short and sweet or not finished; for a long light hearted anime I'd say Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood(Though out of the 60 odd episodes only 20 or so are dubbed).

Aeroastrix

May 2, 2011
I'm all about Bleach as my main anime. But I also watch FMA:Brotherhood, definitely recommend FLCL. And I really suggest both of the GITS movies (the show is second best to the movies). Also look up the movie Akira.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
wizard_joe88 said:
Have you ever watched Baccano? It has one of the best stories I've read seen.
But other than Baccano, I'm watch FLCL, FMA:Brotherhood, and black lagoon right now
all of those are good shows, but the female lead in BL is walking fan-service, kind of annoying, if you ask me.
I wouldn't touch Revi with a 10 foot pole, cuz she would probably take a chunk out of whatever piece of exposed skin you had.

But I agree with all these recommendations, would like to add The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Beck Mongolian Chop Squad, Hajime no Ippo, Beserk, and Claymore

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
banthesun said:
Oly J said:
anything by Hayao Miyazaki and/or Studio Chibli is worth a look if your in the mood for cheesy feel-good stuff
One, it's Ghibli, two, you haven't watched Grave of the Fireflies, have you.
so it is, I've had about 10 of their movies on DVD on a rack not 6 feet from me for about a year and never noticed that...and no I haven't watched Grave of the Fireflies but it's been on my to-do list for a long time,

panosbouk

Feb 28, 2011
G.T.O (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Black Lagoon
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Hellsing OVA series
Serial Experiments Lain
Monster
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
Ergo Proxy
Samurai 7
Trigun

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I recommend the following:
Axis Powers Hetalia
Baccano!
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist
Hellsing
Mushi-shi
Outlaw Star
Samurai 7
Samurai Champloo
Tenga Toppen Gurren Lagann
Trigun

Also, almost any anime film by Hayao Miyazaki.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
There's H...
sheah1 said:
Just started watching Highschool Of The Daead (weirdly got the same acronyms as house of the dead, reference?), it's constant fanservice, to the point of ridiculousness but it's an anime about the zombie apocalypse, and is constantly fun to watch. Plus it has that one "don't let him come with you, don't let him come with you, don't let him-shit he's on the bus" character.
Hmmmm, i was going to say highschool of the dead also. You beat me to it.

Ohhi

Nov 13, 2009
Floggo said:
Any good animes out there today?
Currently I'm watching; Bleach, Samurai Champloo, Shigurui and Darker than Black, Angel Beats and soon to be watching Trigun.
I am currently watching D.Grayman, Code Geass (for the third time.), Naruto Shippuden, and Bleach. They are all good animes if you can get over the ungodly amounts of filler that Naruto, and Bleach has but if you are looking for a good short and to the point anime watch Code Geass it is a very good anime in my opinion.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Biodeamon said:
There's H...
sheah1 said:
Just started watching Highschool Of The Daead (weirdly got the same acronyms as house of the dead, reference?), it's constant fanservice, to the point of ridiculousness but it's an anime about the zombie apocalypse, and is constantly fun to watch. Plus it has that one "don't let him come with you, don't let him come with you, don't let him-shit he's on the bus" character.
Hmmmm, i was going to say highschool of the dead also. You beat me to it.
Oh yes, and fun fact. Me and my friends actually watched all the episodes so far and did a tally every time there was fanservice. There's a average of a fanservice shot every ten seconds in Highschool of the Dead.