Anne Hathaway announced as Catwoman for Dark Knight Rises!

DetectiveSparky

Size doesn't matter
Jul 16, 2009
http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=29929

I wasn't really following the list of names that were popping up for contenders, but I don't mind Anne Hathaway, there could have been worse choices.

My thought of, do we need Catwoman this early? I thought they were going to go for Talia myself, but whatever. I'm looking forward to this :D

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Saw that news and Anna Hathaway being casted is good but not quite sure. But being the director is Christopher Nolan, it should be fine!

ClockWork

Mar 18, 2009
I'm more looking forward to Tom Hardy as Bane.
[img/]http://the-dark-knight-rises.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/hardy-bayne.jpg[/img]

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Catwoman has always been shit. Shes so token. Doesn't matter whos playing the role, its bound to be rubbish. And no I'm not sexist, Lately Wonder Woman has been getting alot of attention and I'm quite excited about that.

SweetLiquidSnake

Jan 20, 2011
I'm glad its Anne. I always thought she was super hot and love how she never has a problem showing off her goodies. And to see in her some slinky black cat suit? I'm gonna be drooling in the theatres

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
I CALLED IT! I knew Catwoman was going to be in this film, the bloody city's supposed to be in chaos and Bats is on the run!

Plus Anne Hathaway in a catsuit. I don't think I can see this film with friends...

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I'm very excited for this choice. There were many, many worse actresses mentioned in rumours over the past couple of years. I was rooting for Kate Beckinsdale but Anne Hathaway is still a great choice.

As for Tam Hardy being cast as Bane, well, I'm hoping that this Bane will be a fuck of a lot better than the last one.
ChromeAlchemist said:
I CALLED IT! I knew Catwoman was going to be in this film
They pretty much told you in Dark Knight that Catwoman would be the next villain. Remember Morgan Freeman's line regarding the new Batsuit? Something like "would do well against cats". Hint freaking hint.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
AvsJoe said:
I'm very excited for this choice. There were many, many worse actresses mentioned in rumours over the past couple of years. I was rooting for Kate Beckinsdale but Anne Hathaway is still a great choice.

As for Tam Hardy being cast as Bane, well, I'm hoping that this Bane will be a fuck of a lot better than the last one.
ChromeAlchemist said:
I CALLED IT! I knew Catwoman was going to be in this film
They pretty much told you in Dark Knight that Catwoman would be the next villain. Remember Morgan Freeman's line regarding the new Batsuit? Something like "would do well against cats". Hint freaking hint.
How many times have I seen that film and not remembered that line? Shit, that is a huge hint...

Well either way, it made sense to me considering the events that transpired. It's Bane that surprised me. It works, especially if Catwoman's going to be in there as well, but still. Tom Hardy will act the hell out of it regardless.

R4di4ti0n.

Sep 11, 2009
Princess Diaries, Alice in Wonderland, Devil Wears Prada, Get Smart, Batman Takes a Bow.

What do those movies have in common?

They are all terrible movies made worse by Anne Hathaway's terrible acting, which is only slightly worse than just how wrecked she looks. Would not hit, will not see.

Sutter Cane

Jun 27, 2010
Devil wears prada wasn't bad. I mean i kinda dug it, and it has a 75% on rottentomatoes. Get smart was watchable, never saw princess diaries. Alice in wonderland did suck.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
R4di4ti0n. said:
Princess Diaries, Alice in Wonderland, Devil Wears Prada, Get Smart, Batman Takes a Bow.

What do those movies have in common?

They are all terrible movies made worse by Anne Hathaway's terrible acting, which is only slightly worse than just how wrecked she looks. Would not hit, will not see.
Erm...yeah, something doesn't add up here.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
DetectiveSparky said:

I wasn't really following the list of names that were popping up for contenders, but I don't mind Anne Hathaway, there could have been worse choices.

My thought of, do we need Catwoman this early? I thought they were going to go for Talia myself, but whatever. I'm looking forward to this :D
What do you mean, "this early"?

This is going to be Nolan's last time directing Batman. And he needs a love interest seeing as how Rachel is dead.

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
Ti said:
WHERE THE F*** IS ROBIN?!?!
Nowhere near this movie. I'm pretty sure Christian Bale said he would instantly quit if they tried adding Robin. The character is fine but doesn't seem to work in movies.

I'm glad they're trying to do Bane again, hopefully it'll be really well done. Anything will be better than the cartoonish attempt they made before.

As for Catwoman, not sure how that is going to work out. I wouldn't have guessed they'd want to use her again. Anne Hathaway is an interesting choice as well, I guess we'll see how it works.

DetectiveSparky

Size doesn't matter
Jul 16, 2009
AzrealMaximillion said:
DetectiveSparky said:

This is going to be Nolan's last time directing Batman. And he needs a love interest seeing as how Rachel is dead.
I realize it's the last in Nolan trilogy, and I'm aware of the allusion to Catwoman in Dark Knight, but a part of me was still hoping for the love interest to be Talia. So to me it seems somewhat "early" in the Batman mythos in general

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
DetectiveSparky said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
DetectiveSparky said:

I realize it's the last in Nolan trilogy, and I'm aware of the allusion to Catwoman in Dark Knight, but a part of me was still hoping for the love interest to be Talia. So to me it seems somewhat "early" in the Batman mythos in general
I'd rather have an actual story be told then have them do what Marvel is doing and milk all possible ends to the bone. And besides, the killed off any chances Wayne had with Talia in Batman Begins.