Anno 2205 Beta Cancelled

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
So as some of you may know, Ubisoft has promised an Closed Beta Access to everyone that preorders Anno 2205. Well now they have decided to not do that and instead offer the mighty bonus of a single boat skin. Yay.
The Main reason i am making this thread is that ubi tried to keep this low, with only a single thread in the official Anno forum announcing this.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1237098-Anno2205-Pre-order-offers-update

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Let's play a game called "How shitty did they tell people"!

First, let's check the Steam page. Oh, look! It's just gone. The advertisement for it is just gone. No apology noticed or even notice posted. Now, let's dig a little deeper into the page. Luckily, a few users have made sure that others are notified in the Steam forums. But of course, nothing from Ubisoft. The only thing they've mentioned so far is a single thread in their own forums, which I'm sure not to many people frequent. They of course replace it with something that should just be included into the base game and is completely useless. Guess it must of been to risky to let people play it and realize it either A)Runs like shit or B)Is shit.

In short, fuck off Ubi.

Sep 9, 2007
Oh it gets better. The boat skin is only for retail pre-orders and the digital collectors edition. Preordered a normal copy on Steam? You get the game a few days early. That's it. Woo.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1237098-Anno2205-Pre-order-offers-update?p=10951201&viewfull=1#post10951201

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
I'm SURE this has nothing to do with the quality of the game*coughs*. Hopefully this will get some people to cancel their preorder but that's probably wishful thinking.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
Ubisoft being assholes again? Why am I not surprised. My money's on the game being an absolute nightmare when it comes out.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
People still pre-order Ubisoft titles? Fuck 'em. People who can't learn from their mistakes will get no sympathy from me.

Don Incognito

Feb 6, 2013
Runepriest said:
I smell unfinished product getting pushed through and Ubi trying to hide it by disabling the BETA.

Anno is really a battered wife of Ubisofts bad practices. And that is really unfortunate because I love the series.
Yarp. On quality of the game, the Anno series is probably the best thing Ubi has going. They're brilliant. I am still very much looking forward to the new iteration.

However, no way in Hell would I ever pre-order an Ubi game; hell, I wouldn't bother buying it until it's been out a few months and the inevitable major bugs are fixed.

Sep 13, 2009
What a shitty move. I don't do pre-orders for a number of reasons, but most of those have to do with how they deliver on the game, I didn't expect companies to be taking back the pre-order bonuses.

BrokenTinker

Sep 11, 2014
The Almighty Aardvark said:
What a shitty move. I don't do pre-orders for a number of reasons, but most of those have to do with how they deliver on the game, I didn't expect companies to be taking back the pre-order bonuses.
That expectation should've been long gone with the bullshit from archeage :p

Sep 13, 2009
BrokenTinker said:
I'm not familiar with the game or the pre-order debacle, and I'm not finding much in a cursory search. What happened with Archeage's preorder?

BrokenTinker

Sep 11, 2014
The Almighty Aardvark said:
BrokenTinker said:
I'm not familiar with the game or the pre-order debacle, and I'm not finding much in a cursory search. What happened with Archeage's preorder?
The founders' pack were given certain perks, the once the game was release, the newb pack had more perks for the same price of the founders' pack. It ended up with such a stink over long enough period that all the founder's pack buyers got refunded, the game has since turned into a railroad shitfest. Someone tried for the "entitled gamer" angle which didn't last long as it's fundamental false advertisement and bad business practice to break those promises (there were quite a few significant ones like userinput that has been LOLwotm8).

Short of it was, company promise unique perks for founders, shaft them by turning around, breaking their promises and then release something better for the same price. It's like selling a collector edition than coming out with a standard edition right after that comes with more goodies.

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
It's odd. I can't even get mad at Ubi anymore. I kinda just want them to go to tea with the EA guys and have someone slip cyanide into all the glasses. No mess, no fuss, just end it all.

BrokenTinker

Sep 11, 2014
TristanBelmont said:
It's odd. I can't even get mad at Ubi anymore. I kinda just want them to go to tea with the EA guys and have someone slip cyanide into all the glasses. No mess, no fuss, just end it all.
I actually am not that pissed at the EA guys, they are nowhere as scummy as ubisoft (despite the fact one of my relative is a codemonkey there). I still have a personal boycott against anything EIDOS since finding about the bribes (so ambivalent I was about them that I didn't even noticed they were bought up by Sqeenix). They are pretty bad at making some decisions, but they do try to make it right at the customer support level.

Give me a moment to digest the fact I just came out in defense of EA. I defended fox news, and now I'm defending EA... this has been a weird past year that I had to defend the things I mocked and mocked the things I praised :p