Annoying things you've heard recently

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
What have you heard recently that really really really irritated you.

I don't mean about what people have said that may be stupid, ignorant, or arrogant. I'm asking about things you have heard, be they songs, background noises, or just distracting sounds, that have made you want to pull a pillow over your head and cry in the corner (or maybe that's just me).

Anyway... I have two:

1. That advert, which I expect you don't get in the US, where a little girl says a poem about Heinz baked beans. Her voice is just so incredibly annoying I tend to stand still and stare at the screen whenever I hear it until she finishes and releases me from her evil spell.

2. There's a wireless access point outside my room at school which emits a constant, barely audible, high pitched whine. Of course, our housemaster can't hear it, being about 50, so nothing has been done about it since it was installed about a year ago. It just keeps going on and on and varies in pitch every few seconds just to disrupt any thoughts you might have of blocking it from your mind.

I did several forum searches and found no threads like this, so :p

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
When ever I ask my friends anything.

They think they're funny and reply, "Don't worry 'bout it."

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
my TV makes a very audible high pitched whine and when you pug a game platform into it it makes a really anoying and quite loud buzz that makes me want to break it with a small child's face

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
have you ever tried to watch tv while a dog and a cat both 'wash' themselves very loudly at the same time

o_O

in the end i had to throw a pillow- oh sorry, a "scatter cushion"- at them

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
1-My friend trying to force me to listen to Metal. I don't like it and its beginning to get annoying.

2-That Jason Mraz song. My sister always plays it just to annoy me. I wanna punch that guy in the face.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
iJosh said:
When ever I ask my friends anything.

They think they're funny and reply, "Don't worry 'bout it."
Shouldnt it be "forget about it"? Assuming their trying to imitate new york mobsters.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Any new "cool" music that is absolute shite and gets overplayed.

The response "Oh, don't worry". I'm nto worrying I just want to know FFS.

That's it for now.

Oh and the stereotypical gay voice. I know some people just talk like that but it's sp damn annoying!

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
FML (Fuck My Life), and everyone saying how Lost is so awesome. I never liked it in the first place, and I never gave a shit after the first season.

manicfoot

Apr 16, 2008
My brother won't believe anything unless he verifies it himself. Example of a conversation:
Brother: What you doing?

Me: Watching a video blog...

Brother: Who's blog?

Me: David Jaffe.

Brother: Who's that?

Me: He created Twisted Metal and God of War...

Brother: WHAT NO WAI *looks at video* ...... He doesn't look like the creator of twisted metal.

Me: Uhhh?

Brother: He doesn't!

Me: Well, it doesn't matter if he doesn't match the image you had in your head. Its him.

Brother: Where does it say he created it?

Me: *points to screen* right there?

Brother: Well, that doesn't prove anything. Its just a random website.

Me: :mad:

iron codpiece

Mar 17, 2009
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.92090?page=1

This isn't recent but it definitly thought of it. Ace was my roomate at the time and constantly would play that noise cuz I could hear it and he couldn't. And because he's a miserable prick.

NeoDeath90

Feb 11, 2009
"Rich Girl" by Gwen Stefani. This song has some of the most annoying aspects to it, stupid lyrics, bad vocals, and pretty much the song is a complete pile of fail.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
An advert for the labour party in the UK, saying that the EU is nothing but bad for this country. Idiots. Worse thign is, my roommate is a labour twat. So I have to put up with that as well.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
The same 5 commercials that play over and over during the NHL playoffs. All are annoying, and they don't get better when I see them 50 times during a game.

beholdmycape

Apr 10, 2009
There's this bird, I have no idea what type, who has just nested in a tree right outside my bedroom window and this thing has the most obnoxious, piercing squak I've ever heard.
He pipes up first thing in the morning and for a few hours in the evening and if firearms were legal here I would have happily blown this fuckers head right off.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Mexicans.... Germans... French... Americans.... Its everyone on MW2 it doesn't matter which race or nationality there all annoying. The guy's who wanna play rap songs the whole match or r&b songs, the guy's who wanna say shit to you even tho they end up finishing lower. Oh and finally people who don't speak English saying my username dmase. Except they say it more like dmas.... it is dmase that is why the e is at the end, they probably wouldn't be as irritating if i could understand them but before the match all i can here are words that are either obviously french or spanish. /rant end