Anon hacks xbox live!

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
Killer_tom said:
I was looking for a some infomation about the outage (not an xbox player but curious about what is going on) and i went on the anonymous twitter and they posted that they didn't hack xbox live
it was probably just a hacker or two may Lulzsec and that post was most likely by the official anonymous group

Sep 17, 2009
ultrachicken said:
Good thing I didn't happen to get a Halo craving today then. Really, this just further cements Anon's status as an amorphous mass of assholes.
For attempting to stop hackers from ruining the quality of online play?

I mean they are assholes for a lot of other reasons, but this one seems the most minimal.

Hey, I am no hacker, so if they improve online play somehow, more power to ya I guess. Live was literally down for like 2 hours anyway.

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
I don't really play Xbox anymore, but If this means someone will finally do something about the mass of hacks on older games then I'm happy.

Flaery

Ghetto Trash
Dec 23, 2012
VoidWanderer said:
I'm a PSN user, and honestly you guys got it light...

A few HOURS of interrupted Xbox LIVE service? Whoop-de-doo...
Infallible logic. At the end of the day, you both get screwed.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I happened to hear about the outage last night when writing an essay, so I went back to gameinformer to check, and here it is;

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/14/xbox-live-currently-encountering-sign-in-issues.aspx

Apparently, this was some routine maintenance, though I think it's safe to assume things haven't gone as planned, as although the service is up, many parts of it don't work right now, and also, when there was some maintenance with planned downtime, microsoft usually would alert people prior to the date.

They have also went on record saying that claims of a hacking were false.

It is, of course, a possibility that they are lying, but as of yet, nothing is proven.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Requia said:
Isn't that the same line Sony gave?
Assuming that you meant to quote me. Yes, it is, more or less, but while there's every possibility this is a lie, I'm not sure microsoft will want to do that after seeing how badly that backfired against sony.

Though, this outage certainly has bought up the rumours of always online for the next console. If microsoft are hoping to go along with that particular insanity, this outage will hurt any hopes of winning gamers over to the idea.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Nautical Honors Society said:
ultrachicken said:
Good thing I didn't happen to get a Halo craving today then. Really, this just further cements Anon's status as an amorphous mass of assholes.
For attempting to stop hackers from ruining the quality of online play?

I mean they are assholes for a lot of other reasons, but this one seems the most minimal.

Hey, I am no hacker, so if they improve online play somehow, more power to ya I guess. Live was literally down for like 2 hours anyway.
How does taking XBL down stop hackers? They'll just keep doing what they're doing after the system goes back up and most of the people they affect will be legitimate players.

Although since the fact that this was even caused by Anon is in doubt right now, this is all moot.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Doclector said:
I happened to hear about the outage last night when writing an essay, so I went back to gameinformer to check, and here it is;

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/14/xbox-live-currently-encountering-sign-in-issues.aspx

Apparently, this was some routine maintenance, though I think it's safe to assume things haven't gone as planned, as although the service is up, many parts of it don't work right now, and also, when there was some maintenance with planned downtime, microsoft usually would alert people prior to the date.

They have also went on record saying that claims of a hacking were false.

It is, of course, a possibility that they are lying, but as of yet, nothing is proven.
Oh god, please let this be the truth.

Please let everyone start trashing and hating on Anonymous only for them to realize that their hate should be directed toward Microsoft's maintenance team.

Please let them start defending Microsoft and continue shitting on Anonymous regardless because they refuse to give any good merit to Anonymous.

And for heavens sake, someone try to inform them of the truth and get ignored for more Anonymous bashing.

That totally never would happen, right?

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
Was that video really anonymous? As in, from the group? The paragraph had spelling mistakes, it wasn't broken up into any structure. It wasn't aimed at a big group that is considered evil- I didn't even know that people selling things like that was happening.