Anonymous Punishes the Oregon Tea Party

Digital_Utopia

Mar 20, 2009
Romblen said:
Wow anon, you take a Bible verse, and then act like others can steal from you. How clever, this group is pathetic at best.
The Bible quote is:

"My name is Legion, for we are many."

Which means the only thing in common between their slogan and the Bible verse is the word Legion.

On the other hand, the OTP copied Anonymous' slogan word for word

I feel sorry for you if you can't see the difference in that. ;)

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Matt_LRR said:
Andy Chalk said:
The campaign was clearly a win and entertaining as always, but does anyone else find it disturbing that the Tea Party [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement], which bills itself as a legitimate voice of conservative political dissent in the United States, "admires" the tactics of Anonymous?
Not really - Anonymous is the ultimate grassroots organization. Like minded people, who band together for a cause, with no central leadership or organizational force to enact social change (or whatever).

Anonymous is basically crowdsourced activism, for better or worse, so to that extent it is worthy of admiration.

Yeah, they're dicks, but they're dicks in a way that is goddamn fascinating to watch.

-m
You mind if I use that when talking to friend who don't know about Anonymous? That's very good.

Legion said:
The Christian Bible: Mark 5:9 "My name is Legion, for we are many."
I prefer the Latin: nomen mihi legio est quia multi sumus

nipsen

Sep 20, 2008
"which bills itself as a legitimate voice of conservative political dissent in the United States, "admires" the tactics of Anonymous?"

...have you seen what they've been up to before this?