Anonymous to Close Down Facebook on November 5th. Thoughts?

TheAngryKoala

Aug 5, 2011
Found this whilst searching around online:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2024449/Anonymous-threaten-close-Facebook-November-5.html

To be honest, I'm really not looking forward to this :(

Dec 14, 2009
For the love of...

Anonymous are like PETA.

Sure, they may have tried to prove a point at one stage, but now they're just annoying.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
There's already a thing on this.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.305497-Anonymous-announces-its-plan-to-destroy-facebook

Still don't think they're gonna bring it down.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
For the love of...

Anonymous are like PETA.

Sure, they may have tried to prove a point at one stage, but now they're just annoying.
except PETA murders like 10000 animals a year.

Shouldn't be too hard to hack facebook, their security is fucking terrible. Knowing anon though they're probably just going to ddos.

Wardi Boi

Aug 8, 2011
In my opinion, I'm quite excited by this.
Anonymous' actions have always gained my interest and this one hasn't disappointed. If anything, maybe this will bring down the obsessive need to be a part of a social networking site and possibly bring people to go outside again.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
It's highly unlikely that it's going to happen in my opinion. Anonymous' greatest enemy is itself. The main body of anonymous is weak now, and busy tearing itself apart as some members try to pretend they're still a super-secret club fighting the good fight, while others just want to be part of the edgy thing. All the serious ones have moved on.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
I just wish they'd pick they're targets better. Seriously, Anon, go destroy Newcorp or some part of the Murdoch empire. They fuckin deserve it, you get bad press from them anyway, and they've attacked the very rights you claim to hold dear.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The response on this site, overwhelmingly, will be: "good, Facebook is fucking terrible and evil and blah blah blah I'm a fucking hypocrite because I'm now spouting the same sort of shit people do about games."

Or, y'know, something like that.

I think its stupid. Facebook is fucking useful thanks.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
DUUUR WE AM MASTRE OF TEH INTERWEBS
Anon, just stop. Nothing else to say. Just stop.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
You mean they will stop me logging into my facebook account .... oh wait .... I don't have one.

All is still well in the world.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Why are they bothering to do this?
Wardi Boi said:
and possibly bring people to go outside again.
Also, I completely disagree with this - no offence.
I spend a lot of time on Facebook; when I'm on the computer it's generally on in the background. I communicate with people on it.
But I still have a good social life. I still go "outside". I think I speak for the majority of people when I say I would much rather be out with mates than talking to them via Facebook.
I think Facebook is very good - it's a great way to stay in touch with people, and it's fun. It's a social networking site. It's designed to keep people in contact, not rule their lives. Yes, there are some people who spend all their time on Facebook, but I think that's a minority. Everyone I know that uses it still have thriving social lives.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Oh yay, now we get to hear from the droves of people who think they're superior because they don't have a facebook....wonderful.

But really Anon...Facebook?

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
Iiiiii
Don't care.
I thought a legion of "ub3r 133T Hackz0rz" would have better things to do than hack a social website...

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
And nothing of value was lost.

Wardi Boi said:
If anything, maybe this will bring down the obsessive need to be a part of a social networking site and possibly bring people to go outside again.
The sheer irony of this post being that the type of people who are on Facebook most of the time with upwards of 600 friends are almost definitely the types of people who do go outside, have friends and have a social life. The socially maladjusted like myself who spend the majority of their time on forums and playing games don't have the friends to actually make a social networking site either useful or worthwhile.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yeah way a go announcing the date when they will strike, the security will surely beef up to withstand it unless they think they can still take it down.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Remember, Remember, The Fifth of novermber
Internet, Facebook and Plot
I see no reason why Internet Treason
Should ever be Forgot

Oh Anonymous, Oh Anonymous
'Twas their intent
To overthrow Facebook and its Followers
Three scores of teams, ready to crack
Poor old Facebook to hack

I can do this all day long.

Scarim Coral said:
Yeah way a go announcing the date when they will strike, the security will surely beef up to withstand it unless they think they can still take it down.
What security?

TheAngryKoala

Aug 5, 2011
Anon. claims that they're doing people like us a favour since governments and third parties are monitoring us on facebook but I can't think of a radon why this would 'endanger' people or national securities. Unless you uploaded the Pentagon's blueprint and tagged all your mates on it.