Another book recommendation thread!

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Laurents van Cauwenberghe said:
shrekfan246 said:
any of the novels that relate to blizzard games, you do need to be into the games though.
A lot of people that i know think that the novels are shit, but i've read almost all of them and they are really good.
but if you're not into blizzard games, the novels might be less interesting, since it ties into the world they relate to
I love Blizzard's games, incidentally. The lore of Warcraft has always been rather interesting to me.

I've never really thought about books related to video games, to be honest, though I know there are quite a few for many different franchises.
yea, the warcraft lore has always stuck with me, blizzard has some great writers employed, have you played starcraft and read the books? i think it's a bit better than warcraft in a few aspects
I've got Starcraft, Brood War, Wings of Liberty, and Heart of the Swarm, but I'm still in the process of playing the first one because I wanted all of the story (even if everyone bitches about the quality of Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm's stories).

I'm pretty legendarily terrible at RTS games, and finding Starcraft much more difficult than Warcraft III was, plus I get distracted very easily. I've still got to finish the Zerg campaign from the base game, then the Protoss, then all of Brood War, then I'll finally be moving into Starcraft II. Probably sometime next year, at the rate I'm playing it though... what are the books like?

Feb 24, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
shrekfan246 said:
any of the novels that relate to blizzard games, you do need to be into the games though.
A lot of people that i know think that the novels are shit, but i've read almost all of them and they are really good.
but if you're not into blizzard games, the novels might be less interesting, since it ties into the world they relate to
I love Blizzard's games, incidentally. The lore of Warcraft has always been rather interesting to me.

I've never really thought about books related to video games, to be honest, though I know there are quite a few for many different franchises.
yea, the warcraft lore has always stuck with me, blizzard has some great writers employed, have you played starcraft and read the books? i think it's a bit better than warcraft in a few aspects
I've got Starcraft, Brood War, Wings of Liberty, and Heart of the Swarm, but I'm still in the process of playing the first one because I wanted all of the story (even if everyone bitches about the quality of Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm's stories).

I'm pretty legendarily terrible at RTS games, and finding Starcraft much more difficult than Warcraft III was, plus I get distracted very easily. I've still got to finish the Zerg campaign from the base game, then the Protoss, then all of Brood War, then I'll finally be moving into Starcraft II. Probably sometime next year, at the rate I'm playing it though... what are the books like?
i'm in the procces of reading the book called: 'flashpoint'. it's by the same writer who wrote a lot of the warcraft books (christie golden)so you can take a guess at how good it is.
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Book_timeline
you might want to give this a look, i'm not sure, but from what i can see, books happen while the games go on and some books are a prologue into the next game.
this lists it

Feb 24, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
shrekfan246 said:

oh also, if you're just playing for the story, there's no shame in cheating :)

katana-409

Apr 28, 2010
DIVINE AVENGER - MARCEL ACOSTA =DDD
*End shameless plug*
On a sidenote, A Game of Universe by Eric Nylund is fucking sublime.