Another day, another Karen. Victoria's secret edition!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Black people still have to go through this bull crap. Back then, there were no cameras around, so most of the time they'll take a white person's word is truth over the black person. With blacks either the instigator, criminal and hulum, or treated with huge disrespect and dismissed by the authority. The police haven't done anything either even though the ugly looking biatch struck first.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I feel so sorry for every woman called Karen in the whole world. Except perhaps the ones who act like entitled brats, anyway.

On the other hand, something about that makes me feel a little uncomfortable. It's not in the same league as the woman who attacked a kid over her lost iphone and reacted with confusion at the idea she did anything wrong. That's someone losing it in a way that is humiliatingly pathetic to herself, and I cannot but wonder if she's a bit vulnerable in mental health terms rather than entitled, and publicly shaming her might not be the best of way of dealing with it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I feel so sorry for every woman called Karen in the whole world. Except perhaps the ones who act like entitled brats, anyway.

On the other hand, something about that makes me feel a little uncomfortable. It's not in the same league as the woman who attacked a kid over her lost iphone and reacted with confusion at the idea she did anything wrong. That's someone losing it in a way that is humiliatingly pathetic to herself, and I cannot but wonder if she's a bit vulnerable in mental health terms rather than entitled, and publicly shaming her might not be the best of way of dealing with it.
She ain't vulnerable, she knew exactly what she was doing and the fact that she tried to play a victim pisses me off even more. The fact that the officers acted so dismissive to the actual victim at fuel to the fire and shows how there are many parts of society that have not improved, despite all the evidence being there. The video went viral, so that woman is going to have some humiliating time. I don't know if she's going to get fired, but I hope she does. The victim may not be a child, but it's still a black person being victimized by a self entitled and self-privileged white person. Believing they have the right to do anything because they have pure white skin.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
God these crazy white chicks are just ridiculous. And just when you think they can't get any worse you see another one.....whoa. Welp here's hoping she gets *****-slapped with some jail time or a heavy ass fine. Somebody also should slap her momma too while we are at it.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
She ain't vulnerable, she knew exactly what she was doing and the fact that she tried to play a victim pisses me off even more. The fact that the officers acted so dismissive to the actual victim at fuel to the fire and shows how there are many parts of society that have not improved, despite all the evidence being there. The video went viral, so that woman is going to have some humiliating time. I don't know if she's going to get fired, but I hope she does. The victim may not be a child, but it's still a black person being victimized by a self entitled and self-privileged white person. Believing they have the right to do anything because they have pure white skin.
Speaking as someone whose professional job involves the pastoral care of a lot of young adults, my perspective is that objectionable and manipulative superficial behaviour often hides some very deep and serious problems. I literally cannot afford to take that sort of attitude you do, because in my line of work, mishandling it can in a worst case scenario end in suicide.

So you'll have to forgive me when I say I am really not interested in someone claiming to know the deep and inner workings of a person they have seen on 20 seconds of video. Maybe she's a psychopathically manipulative *****, okay: but maybe she's a total mess who really needs some care and compassion. Thus I'm withholding judgement until I've got a better idea which.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Im so fucking confused. The fuck happened here? Some articles say the black woman was just walking around recording for no reason and just started recording the "Karen" just to fuck with her, and then other articles claim the "Karen" was accusing the black woman of stealing and wanted her to leave the store.
Which is it? 'cause the context really matters in this case. And God help us if the black woman was actually stealing, Fox news will have a field day with false Karening.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Thus I'm withholding judgement until I've got a better idea which.
1626287552082.jpeg

Honestly I only clicked this thread because of its title, and I must say that I'm let down

Reactions: MrCalavera

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Speaking as someone whose professional job involves the pastoral care of a lot of young adults, my perspective is that objectionable and manipulative superficial behaviour often hides some very deep and serious problems. I literally cannot afford to take that sort of attitude you do, because in my line of work, mishandling it can in a worst case scenario end in suicide.

So you'll have to forgive me when I say I am really not interested in someone claiming to know the deep and inner workings of a person they have seen on 20 seconds of video. Maybe she's a psychopathically manipulative *****, okay: but maybe she's a total mess who really needs some care and compassion. Thus I'm withholding judgement until I've got a better idea which.
That's all well and good. That's your job and that's understandable, but it's not my job. And I don't care how far or how deep her mental issues goes, she clearly knows the difference between right and wrong. So I will judge her accordingly. All she had to do is leave the other person alone if she don't like the person holding the phone camera she shouldn't have bothered her in the first place. You can have fun analyzing her all day, but I am seeing for what it is. I know we're supposed to wait on certain things or look at things from multiple angles, but this time, the evidence speaks for itself. It's another self entitled, self-privileged, butt-fuck with nothing better to do with their life. Other than harass someone else for being seen as a less being or not as human. A Freudian excuse is no excuse. I'm not sympathizing with unsympathetic assholes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawki

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why is it we can say butt-fuck on the forum but not the b-word? Yahtzee literally uses B-words in his videos all the time. So I just don't understand.
I do not know. I know there are loopholes. The Devil May Cry forums have it worse. You'll get bleeped for saying F word S word.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't know if this woman has sincere problems or if she's just extremely misguided in trying to dig herself out by digging further in.

So yes, I too find it a bit uncomfortable seeing her trying to rabid herself out of the situation she found herself in. Kinda reminds me of this scene from The Simpsons, where at first it's funny but the longer it goes on...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ijeoma Ukenta (the one that got hit and actually being harassed) raised $85K on her go fund me. So now she can hire a lawyer. Happy day.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, I know 2 Karen's. One was my best friend growing ups mom and she was always really chill. The other owns a lawfirm that specializes in immigration law and helping people come to the US.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Im so fucking confused. The fuck happened here? Some articles say the black woman was just walking around recording for no reason and just started recording the "Karen" just to fuck with her, and then other articles claim the "Karen" was accusing the black woman of stealing and wanted her to leave the store.
Which is it? 'cause the context really matters in this case. And God help us if the black woman was actually stealing, Fox news will have a field day with false Karening.
Yeah. Looks like the recording was in response to something that consequently isn't part of the recording.

EDIT: But, of course, there's a white woman in the US calling the police about a black person, which as we all know, has a small but non-zero chance of resulting in that black person's death. That's no small thing.

Last edited:

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Yeah. Looks like the recording was in response to something that consequently isn't part of the recording.

EDIT: But, of course, there's a white woman in the US calling the police about a black person, which as we all know, has a small but non-zero chance of resulting in that black person's death. That's no small thing.
Yeah whatever happened to walking away? You think your life is in danger SO much you call the police and...just wait around? You're not running? Calling for others to help? You think you're in imminent danger, so you call the police and stay in the situation? Back in the BEFORE TIMES when I was a Krav Maga instructor, the first thing we ever taught was you win 100% of fights you just walk away from. Nothing de-escalates a situation like not being there any more.
Truly if you think you need to call the police, your feet should be moving. Walk and talk if you have to, but get moving.

Reactions: Hawki and Agema

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Yeah whatever happened to walking away?
Well, yes. Exactly.

Another good tactic is often just to be politely reasonable. I think sometimes these things blow up because yes, someone's totally unreasonable in the first place, but the other person slips straight into hostility / outrage, and that's an escalation that sends the situation beyond salvage.

One can take the Central Park woman with her dog. The guy is quite calm throughout, which is mostly fine, but then you read about what happened before. The confrontation started because he asked her to leash her dog in compliance with this part of the park and she allegedly refused. But then he told her if she's going to do something he doesn't like then he's going to do something she won't like and tried to attract her dog to him with a treat. What the fuck? That is a weird and aggressive thing to do - of course she might think that he could harm or run off with her dog and become alarmed. Irrespective of how out of order she was phoning the police and saying he was threatening her, he absolutely escalated that unnecessarily.