Anthony Saves The World: Episode 10: Debbie Pt. 2

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
MIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! Ten year old Mikey is cuter though. If he wasn't, I really wouldn't have any reason to watch the show.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Great episode. As everyone else is saying, puppets are awesome. Also Mikey's death scene was very well done.

Kilgengoor

Sep 7, 2010
mikeyface said:
On this very special season finale of Anthony Saves the World, Anthony and Mikey quickly learn the true meaning of "Deathbringer." Lisa Foiles guest stars the shit out of this episode and is hot.
I know I should sound deep and meaningful and just into this for the series and everything, but y'now what? Mrs. Foiles gets hotter every passing day. And yes, I didn't watch a couple of episodes but I ran through all of them just so I could see her.

Anyway, although I still believe the fight choreography needs some improvements, this one has been way better than the fighting / effects in Part 1. I know I shouldn't say this, but maybe you could try and contact Michael Shanks for season 2? He did a superb job on Doomsday Arcade. Seriously. That series has some of the best effects I've ever seen in my whole life, including professional ones.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Okay... quick question, but if Mikey was a demon, couldn't they just wait, since no one was going to do the chicken-ritual, so we could have awesome Mikey Zombie action?

duct tape guardian

Nov 8, 2010
I was expecting Anthony to either not kiss Mikey and steal a kiss from Lisa to take her powers/ or kiss both and get both sets or something.

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
Kilgengoor said:
mikeyface said:
On this very special season finale of Anthony Saves the World, Anthony and Mikey quickly learn the true meaning of "Deathbringer." Lisa Foiles guest stars the shit out of this episode and is hot.
I know I should sound deep and meaningful and just into this for the series and everything, but y'now what? Mrs. Foiles gets hotter every passing day. And yes, I didn't watch a couple of episodes but I ran through all of them just so I could see her.

Anyway, although I still believe the fight choreography needs some improvements, this one has been way better than the fighting / effects in Part 1. I know I shouldn't say this, but maybe you could try and contact Michael Shanks for season 2? He did a superb job on Doomsday Arcade. Seriously. That series has some of the best effects I've ever seen in my whole life, including professional ones.
re: Michael Shanks. I made a deal with him, and he was totally down and I totally screwed that up. Our timeframe for getting episodes up just didn't work out right. I feel terrible, he's a great guy and in the future we will plan much better. I'm gonna send him a fruit basket.

Story of ASTW: We were a show on youtube and Russ asked us to be on The Escapist on a real schedule. We have no budget, I pay for this show totally out of pocket, and I was willing to spring for the SFX from Shanks who puts me to shame in every way. The schedule was just so intense, getting it up weekly, that it just didn't work.

If we did it again, we'd be much smarter about it. Haha

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
I didn't get a badge. Other than that I enjoyed it. So is this season finale or forever finale?

Futurenerd

The Man With the Golden Bun
Oct 28, 2009
What the hell was with those sound effects? They made me laugh...

Otherwise great episode. Anthony is finally badass! Awesome!

[small] Lisa Foiles is hot... [/small]

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Ozcar said:
Right-o, I finally bullied g'old miself to watch the whole season. I was.. pleasantly surprised on how you managed to wrap it up in the end. You're big boys, you can take some criticism and here comes: the production values were roughly the same as of some mediocre 10-year old boys' youtube-shooter video's. Frankly, two first episodes were boring fight scenes all around.
They really can't take criticism. I offered some polite, constructive criticisms on their first episode, and they accused me of being a troll. Pity they didn't listen to any of it.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Wait, is that the end end or the season end? It was an awesome episode, but a rather disappointing end end if that's what it's supposed to be. I want another season of awesomeness!

Feb 19, 2010
Looks like lisa.....
*puts on sunglasses*
Got CAPPED
With CAPITALISM

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh no.

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
First time I've gone straight to a new video rather than watching Yahztee first, good work!

Am looking forward to more of these short-run stories in the future.

xhannay

Jan 25, 2011
BAWW Mikey :(

The puppet kiss was bloody hilarious, as was MONOPOLY SMASH! I really enjoyed this series and I reckon this was a pretty good finale. Fingers crossed for a season two!

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
Fill me in on this; I thought demons couldn't die unless you incense them with KFC.

And I thought Mikey was a demon.

Jackle_666

Feb 23, 2010
Wow. That was poor. Not as bad as the Jimquisition, but it does appear that Destructiod production values do not cut it as far as The Escapist is concerned. Hopefully the second season will be better now that they are more experienced in this.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
I don't get why people are saying the fights have gotten better. In the first episode, the fight between Mikey and that random demon seemed pretty visceral. By comparison, the katana fights are too slow and its too clear that they're trying not to hurt each other, and the magic ones remind me of Charmed in a bad way.

Really though, with some better camera work and effects, a few more locations, and if Anthony speaks comprehensibly throughout the entire damn episode, this could be one of the best series on the Escapist.

It'd be nice to know a bit more about these demons as well. And puppets. Never let go of the puppets.

Joseph Eckert

Feb 28, 2010
Dooly95 said:
Fill me in on this; I thought demons couldn't die unless you incense them with KFC.

And I thought Mikey was a demon.
Presumably:
It takes at least a little time for them to revive. Anthony didn't have a little time because Deathbringer and all. Only option was to give Anthony his powers. Once Mikey gave Anthony his powers he no longer had any, Anthony would kinda need all his powers to defeat the deathbringer, and hence wasn't really a demon. Therefore no revival.

Or:
it takes a little while to revive. Zombie Mikey is start-up villain for season 2. After Anthony kills him and performs the ritual Mikey's body will still be in the house so it would still work.