Anthropomorphic Action-RPG Solatorobo Coming to U.S.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Yup, there's the furries right on their marks.

Oh Hell, we had Star Fox for years with furries in dogfighting space ships [sub][sub](I smell a pun)[/sub][/sub], why not mechs too?

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
novixz said:
Does this matter any? Sly Cooper was Anthropomorphic, I'm just assuming this game is marketed toward kids because based on the trailer.
Based on the trailer? Based on the logo you mean!

PuniPuniShosa

Sep 11, 2008
SUPA FRANKY said:
Xanthious said:
oldtaku said:
and I loved the PS2 air pirate game (whose name I can't remember now) with the same art sensibility.
Skies of Arcadia maybe? Though that was only on Gamecube and Dreamcast.
I believe your refering to rougue Galaxy. Its one of the PS2's best rpgs.
Oldtaku was referring to Skygunner. PS2 game released by Atlus in 2002. About 3 pilots battling sky pirates. Kind of anthropomorphic characters (they have tails). Art style similar to Tail Concerto/Solatorobo.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Paradoxrifts said:
A harmless sexual fetish is nothing to be ashamed of in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand however when a person begins constructing a suit to hide from the reality of who and what they are, it pays to remember that Ed Gein followed exactly the same sort of logic when he constructed a suit out of dead women.

Just saying.
Like...some kind of...anonymous identity. Why does that sound familiar?

Oh yes. Internet!

OT: The gameplay didn't look that great to me...too bad. I think anthropomorphic things are kinda cute. (Well, the common ones like wolves and stuff. Turtles and rats and junk start to go into the creepy territory)

The trailer was kind of cool, though.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I haven't heard of this game until I saw the preorder case at the local game shop (I didn't see this news until today either).
After spend a few minutes reading on it (kind of got a decent/ good review) and checking out the videoes I am certainly planning to buy this game when it come out this friday (I guess I going to trade in Conduit 2).

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
Xanthious said:
oldtaku said:
and I loved the PS2 air pirate game (whose name I can't remember now) with the same art sensibility.
Skies of Arcadia maybe? Though that was only on Gamecube and Dreamcast.
Sky Gunner! That was it. My brain kicked in over the weekend.

AwkwardTurtle

Aug 21, 2011
Okay...not to be a negative nancy, but I feel like an insane person. I acquired this game and played through like a solid three hour period of it. I only played that long because it was after this three hour period that I felt myself forcing myself to try and like the game, but simply couldn't.

So consider this the impression the game left me rather than a legit review.
I too felt that the art style and the cut-scenes are absolutely orgasmic. I fell in love with it. However, the same cannot be said of the game-play. As shown in the post below.
kingdomheartsguy44 said:
heres some gameplay of the 1st 13 mins of the US version if anyones interested.
Im definitly buying this. Not just cuz im a furry and all but because it looks and feels awesome Cant wait to play it.
The actually fighting seems to consist solely on mashing the A button to throw things into other things. Then when you run out of other things to throw them into, you throw it at the ground. Then they let you jump and throw from the air that then deals more damage. Which, means that it would make little sense to ever NOT do that. I thought maybe I was just experiencing the one part of the game, but this was seriously all it had to offer.

Sure, there are parts where the pilot has to get out of the mech to do some walking around and button pressing for their 'puzzles'. However, the most action the pilot can have is to simply stun an approaching mech and just jump over.

As for the RPG part, I guess you can say it has RPG elements for the mech, but it's no more complex than fitting some blocks into a grid to raise certain stats of the mech. When it comes to combat I didn't see a reason not to raise whatever the equivalent to damage was. (I honestly forgot). That worked out pretty well for me.

I can honestly say that the funnest thing I found about the game was the little air racing side mode. If they had just made that into a full game with more ships, tracks, and abilities I'd have bought that.

I don't know...maybe I'm just insane, but I honestly thought this was a really bad game. Aside from the art. I love the art. It's why I tried so hard to like this game.