Anti Flugzeug (a World War 2/Steampunk RP, open to all)

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
This is an alternative history it's World War 2, the Nazi's are Bringing the holocaust across Europe.
What?s different, the technology both axis and Allies are using Steampunk.
quick note: you don't need to know a lot about Word War 2 or about Steampunk

It's 1937 Britain France and Canada have been at war for two years, and those years have been hell There are heavy losses on both sides, though The Axis have been gaining more victories There are rumors that they have a secret and devastating weapon a weapon that dwarfs the Blitzkrieg by comparison, it appears to be connected to a strange machine built by the Nazis, an Airship a flying Machine that can stop in midair. every time this ship is seen the town it's below is obliterated. However Recent Reports suggest it has been damaged and theres a chance a group of soldiers could take it down while its being repaired, it had to land in a neutral area, Switzerland, it's isolated with only it's crew to protect it. If a small group of allies could get to it following a dangerous route without attracting to much attention, theres a chance the they could reach the grounded airship.

The weaponry is almost the same as those in the real war, with the obvious change to Steampunk wherever we can.
Note: because I don't know a lot about gun just keep the name simple OK(and i mean assault rifle, shotgun, pistol, that sort of thing). vehicles are similar but they use steam to operate but some vehicles and machinery use a new invention called a Tesla Coil, a device that can use lightning for power.

Name:
Gender: Yes I know most were men but in this story you can be either
Basic physical appearance:let avoid a platoon of generic clones
Profession:(This is basically your class, determines role skills and inventory)
-Soldier(Inventory: one main weapon one sidearm, soldier uniform, Helmet and a coat with metallic plating)

-Mechanic(Skills: repair construction. Inventory: Tool set,wrench hammer all that good stuff) coveralls thats have a metallic plate on the torso and on the back, a small sidearm

-Pilot:Skills: operation of vehicles(specializes in one type) Inventory: Goggles(For planes), radio headset, aviator jacket(Yes all of them, even the one driving tanks) side arm

-Doctor: skills Medicine, kinda no Brainer(Inventory:Doctors bag (which has all the need tools for surgery and such) small sidearm

Inventory:
-Weapons:Basically soldier is the only one with two guns
-Clothing: default but can customize a little
-Tools:Tool set /doctor bag, a soldier might have a box of ammo
in addition to what the defualt gives you have one personal item (Like a photo or a crucifix, maybe even a journal or a letter from a loved one PS an assault rifle is NOT a personal item)
PS your can state f your british france or canadien but I don't intend to have and players play as the Axis forces

1:Try to stay in character
2:all out of character post should be in spoilers like this one
Heres a free sample
3:Try to use a spell check grammar is nice too
4:Respect the GM and respect other players
5:Try to avoid Inappropriate content (EX keep the curse words minimal)
6: Absolutely [HEADING=1] No spamming [/HEADING]

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
Squiggles said:
seconded, i would get a sheet too if your still interested in running the RP?
I'd like to try I had really hoped this would work It's an interesting idea after all.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
well hot damn, this thread can kick off it just took a few months.

MarkTwain

Apr 30, 2009
I'd like a reserve spot, but are the PC's all Allies, or can we be axis,and do we have to be one of those 4 classes, or can we make one up?

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Sheet is finished.
Name: Flt Lt Alison Snow
Basic physical appearance: Tall and thin to the point of being nearly gangly, red waist-length hair. Very pale skin and piercing green eyes.
Nationality: English
Profession: Pilot - Spitfire

Inventory:
-Weapons: Swiss-made pistol
-Clothing: Wool lined aviator jacket, aviator's cap, aviator's goggles, loose navy blue silk trousers.
-Tools: Radio headset
-Personal Item: Origami lily

Code:
Military record: Signed up for the RAF on 3rd September 1935, 15 minutes after the king's declaration of war. [color=darkblue]Recruiter's note: Eager, but may not think things through.[/color]
Assigned to a plane maintenance team despite her insistence she be allowed to fly, against regulations.
March 18th 1936; It was discovered she had been receiving clandestine flight lessons on night runs with pilots. Discovered because the pilot made a bad call and argued with the pilot as she corrected him. Suitable reprimands were made, though lessened as she may have saved the pilot's life. [color=darkblue]CO's note: Lack of respect for authority. Persuasive. Wasn't a half bad flier though. [/color]
June 26th 1936: given two weeks leave after her brother died in a dogfight over the Channel. Continued working, often into the early morning despite insistence from other crew members. Throughout these two weeks she wore a paper flower in her hair, reportedly an origami lily. [color=darkblue]CO's note: Dedicated, relentless. Side note: I'm not saying anything but isn't origami a Japanese thing?[/color]
July 15th 1936: Axis bombing raid took out half of the pilots' barracks. Snow took to the skies in the Spitfire of one of the deceased along with four others without their knowledge, using the pilot's callsign and disguising her voice. Showed extensive knowledge of tactical manoeuvres, taking down three hostile Messerschmitt aircraft. Rewarded for valour by being formally accepted into the RAF as a Flight Lieutenant.
In the following year, Flt Lt Snow has shown excellent performance, resulting in three downed enemy aircraft. Recommended for Operation [CLASSIFIED] after review by Air Chf Mshl Portal himself.
Note, by red hair I mean redhead, not traffic light coloured

Added a "Military record" section to give a little more character.
Air Chf Mshl Portal is Marshal of the Royal Air Force Charles Portal, who became MRAF in 19-something, but at the time was only an Air Chief Marshall

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
boboffire said:
I'd like a reserve spot, but are the PC's all Allies, or can we be axis,and do we have to be one of those 3 classes, or can we make one up?
I couldn't think of any other form of Job the Army would have but if you can sell me that a certain Profession would be in the Army in a Steampunk WW2, I'll allow it.
also I Didn't want to include the Axis just yet because I just wanted the Main Story to happen, however if we get enough players I would certainly allow a small group (And I mean smaller than the Allies) to play as the Nazi's

MarkTwain

Apr 30, 2009
Orinon said:
boboffire said:
I'd like a reserve spot, but are the PC's all Allies, or can we be axis,and do we have to be one of those 3 classes, or can we make one up?
I couldn't think of any other form of Job the Army would have but if you can sell me that a certain Profession would be in the Army in a Steampunk WW2, I'll allow it.
also I Didn't want to include the Axis just yet because I just wanted the Main Story to happen, however if we get enough players I would certainly allow a small group (And I mean smaller than the Allies) to play as the Nazi's
Thanks for clarifying. I've started my char so expect an edit on this post.

Name: Benoît Rigaud
Nation: France
Appearance: 5?5?, Slim build. Has Short brown hair, and blue-grey eyes.
Profession: Dragoon (Recon/Sniper)
Inventory:
-Weapons: Long barrel, Bolt Action Berthier Rifle; Mle 1935 pistol
-Clothing: Standard Olive Colored Army Uniform
-Tools: Binoculars

Do we want any character added here?

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
I see your asking about personality.
I can guess your thinking of a personality for your character but since this is interactive Narrative I feel we could easi;y bring across the personality simply by letting it flow through their actions and their words.
also Back-story is nice but I don't really want to press someone to make a life story, If you have one go ahead and type away, It could give us insight onto any obscure personality traits like why you carry that personal item with you.
also As the GM I shall have multiple Characters. Including Captain of the Squad, and the Three big baddies (I'm making up three evil people, because Steampunk Hitler is just disrespectful.)

Squiggles

Mar 17, 2010
-Name: Dr Jaquiline Ellingworth
-Appearance: 5'6', messy brown hair, monocle.
-Nationality: English
-Profession: Doctor/Parapsychologist
-Inventory: Doctors bag, Thule society transcripts, Etherium Equipment (ghost goggles, ether containers)
-Weapons: Pistol, Syringe gun (hey its steam punk :p)
-Clothing: Trench coat, full length skirt, military boots.
-Personal Item: silver pocket watch given to her by her father

Heres my sheet! Ive based it on an old table top game I used to play and I've wanted to refresh the character, if you don't want the parapsychologist stuff that's ok, I'll play as a straight doctor.

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Squiggles said:
Heres my sheet! Ive based it on an old table top game I used to play and I've wanted to refresh the character, if you don't want the parapsychologist stuff that's ok, I'll play as a straight doctor.
I am a horrible, horrible person, and I have no right to tell you to do anything, but this will bug me for the rest of the RP if I don't point it out now.

While I love the idea of a parapsychologist, one wouldn't be particularly useful in the field unless there was someone with possible psychic abilities, which I don't think is going to pop up in this RP (I could be wrong) and also, psychologists and psychiatrists in general wouldn't be particularly useful except in field hospitals.

Maybe a more suited field of medicine would be good?

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
Cap said:
Squiggles said:
I am a horrible, horrible person, and I have no right to tell you to do anything, but this will bug me for the rest of the RP if I don't point it out now.

While I love the idea of a parapsychologist, one wouldn't be particularly useful in the field unless there was someone with possible psychic abilities, which I don't think is going to pop up in this RP (I could be wrong) and also, psychologists and psychiatrists in general wouldn't be particularly useful except in field hospitals.

Maybe a more suited field of medicine would be good?
oh spoilers;)
however I would like to Notice that we have three definite characters. what I want to know is if I should wait longer or if three people is enough for an RP.
however we do have three classes being filled out.
Doctor, a pilot, and a soldier( though he's a stealth OP, which is useful)
But I would like to note that even though I said this was a stealth mission, this is supposed to be a new idea.
Don't forget That Britain had a habit of sticking to old traditional Warfare even though that just got Canadians killed.

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Finished my sheet finally. I'm quite pleased with the end result.
EDIT: OK, now I'm done pruning.

Squiggles

Mar 17, 2010
its alright! i just threw it in there because i didnt know if you wanted super natural themes or not. just replace the parapsychologist stuff with chemist expertise and were golden!

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
Well
We seem to Have three characters, I could wait for more but considering this RP I better Not push it.
SO here comes Act 1
Scene 1
The Boat
It's nighttime on the Atlantic, The team however has only a few hours before they hit the Beaches, They must get to a bunker near Dunkirk, It would give them the explosives needed to complete their mission.
Due to the lateness of the hour the Team had only conversation to pass the time.

MarkTwain

Apr 30, 2009
Benoit sat on the boat looking at the English women on the second bench. "Quiet are we? May English is not so good, but I can talk, what are your names, Mademoiselles?"

Same Second Posts!

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Alison paced the cabin impatiently, hair looped over one shoulder so she could fiddle with it. She ran her fingers through the locks nervously, not liking the cramped space of the cabin, tossed and thrown by the ocean. The dim of the cabin only served to add to her unease. Finally, she gave up on trying to cope with the looming death by water, instead electing to perch herself on the rim of the boat's toilet, trying as best she could not to vomit. "Sorry friends, I'm not much of one for the sea" she said. "I'm Flight Lieutenant Alison Snow by the way. You can call me Ali or Sn- Oh dear" caught short by a retch, Alison stopped, managing to keep her composure and her lunch, for the most part at least, she continued. "Ali or Snow will do fine though. I'm not fussy about names."

Viking Incognito

Master Headsplitter
Nov 8, 2009
Can I please have a reserve? I'll have a sheet up sometime tomorrow night (assuming nothing prevents me from posting)