Anti-Whaling movement's cool new ship

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
Say hello to the "Gojira" aka Godzilla.

This is the newest ship of a conservation group called Sea Shepard. Get this: They are going on sabotage and disruption missions against whaling ships that belong to the Japanese in a ship called Gojira. Japan is currently the only nation in the world engaged in large scaling whaling which include whales that are on the endangered list. They use a loophole in the international anti-whaling treaty claiming that the whales Japanese fisherman kill are "for research"

Yours thoughts on the issue of whaling. Is it wrong or is it justified because of its cultural significance? and of course, thoughts on how badass this new ship looks...discuss!

MOAR info!

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Badass boat + bunch of nuts who do nothing but mildly annoy whalers = reality show with good ratings.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
Wait until the TV Hit Reality: WHEN WHALES STRIKE BACK!

The boat looks badass although I find it ironic the name of the boat is a famous Japanese creature.

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
soapyshooter said:
Say hello to the "Gojira" aka Godzilla.

This is the newest ship of a conservation group called Sea Shepard. Get this: They are going on sabotage and disruption missions against whaling ships that belong to the Japanese in a ship called Gojira. Japan is currently the only nation in the world engaged in large scaling whaling which include whales that are on the endangered list. They use a loophole in the international anti-whaling treaty claiming that the whales Japanese fisherman kill are "for research"

Yours thoughts on the issue of whaling. Is it wrong or is it justified because of its cultural significance? and of course, thoughts on how badass this new ship looks...discuss!

[link=http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/22423/japanese+whalers+to+face+new+enemy+in+godzilla/] MOAR info! [/link[

although i feel bad for whales when they r hunted i do understand that it is a part of some peoples tradition to eat whale and sometimes it is a major part of their diet. As long as the whale isnt endangered im good with it. so im not really for the Japanese whaling of whales for "RESEARCH"

harv3034

Sep 23, 2010
THIS SHIP LOOKS BAD-ASS!!!!!!!!!!!

Even it's name is ment to intimidate (and taunt) the Japanese whalers.
Gojira, Gojira, Gojira.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Why bother with the fancy new ship?
The whalers will just sink it like they did the last one.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
This is awesome, but I feel that the other two boats mentioned in the report - the Steve Irwin and Bob Barker - aren't good names here.

Anyway, question: Does this thing have guns?

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
FalloutJack said:
This is awesome, but I feel that the other two boats mentioned in the report - the Steve Irwin and Bob Barker - aren't good names here.

Anyway, question: Does this thing have guns?
Unfortunately no, It has smoke grenades and I think it has boarding tools so they can board whaling ships and destroy engines and what not. Also its a good rammer (hehe thats what she said)

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
Why just whalers huh? Why not commercial ships that take in way over their quota..why do whales get more love and attention than the antartic toothfish? or the orange roughy?

I dont care for how the damned thing looks like, it pretty much stands squat.

Kevonovitch

Apr 15, 2009
it's boats like these that make me proud i've joined the navy. besides washington classed aircraft carriers, nuclear subs w/ WMD's as there main weapons XD

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
I immediately wondered if that edge was sharp enough to cut a whale in half. Was just thinking of the irony of "Awesome anti-whaling ship cuts whale in half in horrific accident".

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Nice boat, boring people. The only time I got excited was when a Ship shot of a couple of rounds a the Anti-Whaler group, and actually hit one of the guys, but luckily enough (and strangely enough) he was wearing a Vest.

Most likely staged, I know, but considering most of the other times it's a bunch if guys talking and talking and talking to no end with no result, not even a pretty boat will help the show.

CouchCommando

Apr 24, 2008
I am shocked at the overt racism ,promoting an obvious terrorist vessel with the name of a theoretical beast that was responsible for single handed destruction of tokyo city and the deaths and displacement of hundreds (if not thousands) of its inhabitants will surely not win good PR for this bunch of radicals with the population of Japan.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Wow, it looks like they stole that boat from the love child of Cobra Commander and Darth Vader. I WANT IT FOR MY EVIL FORTRESS SO FUCKING MUCH RIGHT NOW!!!

Needs more machine guns, lasers, and bears with chainsaw arms, though.

Carnage95

Sep 21, 2009
Awesome looking boat. Just wished that they use the Japanese Godzilla instead of the Zilla sticker.

thejboy88

Aug 29, 2010
As much as I wish whaling was less prevalent than it is, i wish even more that groups such as this were not allowed to take such extreme measures to try and stop them. I mean think about it. Yes, we like whales, yes we wsh they could be better treated. But to have these people attacked by what looks like a science fiction warship because of their traditioal livelihood is a bit over the top for my liking.

This is the modern world, appeal to the UN or lobby to the Japanese government, thats the way to get thing done nowadays.

Loud Hawk

Jun 8, 2009
This one will just be cut in half like the last one. :p

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01554/ady-gil-cut-in-hal_1554011i.jpg