Any Armored Core V Ravens out there?

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if there is any Armored Core V players out there? I'm thinking of getting a team together and wanting to tackle out story missions and online conquest.

My Team is "404th Ravens" -- a call back to the old series, I'm no Lynx but a relic of the past, I role play somewhat I guess, especially due to the "self interpretation" of Armored Core.

I've played Armored Core since the first one come out, even down to the horrible mess that is Nine Breaker and Formula Front. S ranked everything in Nexus, Last Raven and 4 + FA, but this time I have to admit I am stumped with V... Its too multiplayer centric, and not a bad thing. In fact I want to take a shot at conquest, and get into the multiplayer component a lot more.

Problem is, despite how good Dark Souls is, sadly Armored Core remain a niche, a series probably only for fans and hence its hard to get players.

So yeah, I guess I'm recruiting members for my team. If you're interested I'll send you my Gamertag and we can do some sorties together.

I'm based on New Zealand (GMT+12), I generally play on the evenings around 5Pm - midnight.

I look forward to playing with you guys!! Hopefully you have been enjoying the game so far, I have to admit this one is surprisingly quite a personal take on the Armored Core series, and perhaps the most "role play-able" of the series.

Jesse Billingsley

Mar 21, 2011
Booyah! Brofist for being a fellow Raven!

Unfortunately I don't have the game, and wont be getting it for another month or so. Hope to see you on the battlefield though

Hikaru CF

May 28, 2009
Is the game out yet? I haven't pre-ordered it because I'm trying to save the pennies but it looks really good so I'll probably cave in and get it anyway.

I played AC4 and For Answer and enjoyed them a lot but there was barely anyone online to play with/against.

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
I'm actually part of the (HvN) Ravens, we took the abandoned facility sometime last night for a few hours and it was swell.

Personally I find that AC5 is the most accessable since it's my first AC game I bought and I find that I can do pretty well on it. Certainly alot better than I did playing Dark Souls. The quality of everything is amazing, from painting your mech to how you use it on the battlefield. Now that the servers are working a bit more correctly everything has just become so amazing and is just an awesome game to play.

Edit: Thinking about it, it's kind of weird how many different Raven related teamns there are out there. I think with us it makes some four different ones I know about. Wonder how that happened...

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Eh, after the ME3 disapointment I'm kinda holding off on new games, maybe in a month or two.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
The idea of being able to play an AC game with actual people sounds appealing! I was extremely disappointed by the lack of players when I tried AC4. I might just grab a copy of this one.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I just got it today. Haven't played yet, and I'm too far out of your time zone, and the only other one I've played Nine Breaker, and thank you for saying Nine Breaker sucked because that makes me feel more confident about this.

I'll probably end up with a team purely of myself named The Herp Derp Herd.

Jesse Billingsley

Mar 21, 2011
erttheking said:
Eh, after the ME3 disapointment I'm kinda holding off on new games, maybe in a month or two.
Letting one game determine your gaming experience....If you have even the slightest interest, at least rent the bugger

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
Jesse Billingsley said:
Unfortunately I don't have the game, and wont be getting it for another month or so. Hope to see you on the battlefield though
/Brofist!!

Let me know if you are interested in teaming up and joining our team! :D hopefully our time difference is all goods.

OctalLord said:
Ah, for me I only saw the team F34R mostly, I wonder if the world map conquest is truly global. One theory I have in mind for the reason being so many "Ravens" team out there is because of how the series is probably mostly familiar only with long time fans and Ravens are far more prominent as a term for an Armored Core pilot than Lynx (you only played as a Lynx in For Answer, AC4 still puts you as a Raven and then theres Formula Front where you are an architect...)

Palademon said:
Yeah, Nine Breaker was the odd one out and WORST of the whole series. Its definitely not the right Armored Core experience at all. Sure, if you feel the urge to join us then come! for we have cookies!! :p Then again, we do need some opponents too, otherwise there's no one left to fight.

As for everyone else, Let me know/PM me if you guys are interested in teaming up. Glad to find some ravens out here in the Escapist.

Lord Rothschild

Sep 27, 2010
I will be buying it when I get paid next
(ALL WORDS IN THESE BRACKETS IS TO GET ENOUGH WORDS SO I DON'T GET ANOTHER FRIGGING WARNING FOR LOW CONTENT)

Lord Rothschild

Sep 27, 2010
I will be buying it when I get paid next
(ALL WORDS IN THESE BRACKETS IS TO GET ENOUGH WORDS SO I DON'T GET ANOTHER FRIGGING WARNING FOR LOW CONTENT)

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I would, but I've already got my own team. Not too big into multiplayer right now since I've got crap net. Perhaps at a later date.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Ehhh, I'm still sitting back on this one. I'm considering getting the game, but I haven't heard too much good about it yet. Loved the last two AC games (and pretty much anything else From Software), but I'm really doubting this one. I like multiplayer, but I'm more drawn to a solid singleplayer and so far I haven't seen much of that. So I'm still waiting.

Jesse Billingsley

Mar 21, 2011
GundamSentinel said:
Ehhh, I'm still sitting back on this one. I'm considering getting the game, but I haven't heard too much good about it yet. Loved the last two AC games (and pretty much anything else From Software), but I'm really doubting this one. I like multiplayer, but I'm more drawn to a solid singleplayer and so far I haven't seen much of that. So I'm still waiting.
Armored Core has always gotten the 'Okay' rating from sites like GameSpot. I hear offline still works like a charm, you just need to make two different profiles, one Offline and one Online.

valkeminator said:
Jesse Billingsley said:
/Brofist!!

Let me know if you are interested in teaming up and joining our team! :D hopefully our time difference is all goods.
My GT is on my profile I think, so send me a friend Request, I'm trying to build up a decent amount of players so that when I do get on I at least won't be going in alone. As for teams, We shall see, I'm planning on starting a small Merc Team with a friend of mine whenever he gets his Xbox back.

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
GundamSentinel said:
Well one thing I can tell you is that its more onto the roots of AC1-Last raven era, its more ground combat + tactic. I cannot stress enough how the role of the operator is incredibly important in this game. Think of Front Mission mechs (Not the 3rd person one) in terms of bulk.

Singleplayer wise, the levels are very challenging, if you ask me it seems like FROM took a hint of Dark Souls masochistic level of difficulty onto their Story stages, and surprisingly very large and long with multiple sub-objectives (up to 15 so far I see). Story is meh as usual, but at least its the most "colorful", by that I mean more emotion in the way character talks compared to how drony and robotic most other AC games are but dont expect too much in story, its left to open interpretation as usual.

The only thing I despise is how most ACs are likely to be heavy weight. I prefer my ACs Middle/light and nimble. I still get High Mobility Heavy weight Reverse joint somehow though.

Still, I have to say that Armored Core is and has always have been a Fans-only game I figure.

Hilgrad

Apr 23, 2009
Hey, I recognize you now! You added me to your friends list after you hired me as a mercenary :p

It does feel very different; I know this comparison is brought up very often, but to me, the gameplay feels like a hybrid between AC3 and AC4 (More AC3 with updated dual analog controls), and the multiplayer integration feels like Chromehounds. I have to say, it's not what I was expecting when they announced ACV ages ago, but I'm not necessarily finding it a bad thing... Well, let's put it this way; I wanted to play Chromehounds again, but I kinda feel that it didn't have to be ACV that became the new CH2.

Perhaps it's just me, but I never found the single player levels all that difficult. I often hear that the levels were challenging, but I always thought the missions in AC3 and AC4 (more accurately, For Answer) much more challenging. I'd get stuck for months on end on some missions in AC3 and FA, but in ACV, I never really got bogged down with any mission and completed the campaign within the week (... this isn't really helped by the fact that the campaign is only 9 missions long, but I digress). But this could also be because I never got the control scheme in AC3 or AC4 downpat exactly, and ACV in contrast felt intuitive to control. Heck, I don't know.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention; it may have been the in-story garage system. In old games, I felt that it was a test of endurance; to keep your AP sufficient through the level to survive an AC on AC fight later in the mission. Unless you were very good, which I wasn't. But in most story missions, after any major events, there is usually a garage nearby (aka repair point) which can get you back up to fighting strength immediately. But this is also kind of a moot point; after my first couple of missions, I just stopped using them when I found out there was a sidequest associated with not using them :p

But yeah, I'd definitely agree that Armored Core is still a fans-only game. You either love it, or you hate it. Unfortunately, most of the reviewers seem to hate it, but luckily for me, I love Armored Core, and don't care what they think :p

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
Hilgrad said:
Snippy to let ya know
Correct!! I am pleased to know you are an Escapist too :D -- Definitely should run more mission together!!

I have not played CH yet, therefore i don't really have a say to it. I have to say though, I like the online integration they did with the game, One thing it needs is more of a community,and hence more players. Its one step forward for the series I agree, but its not a leap.

For me it was only the City Police sniper AC on Mission 4 that bogged me down, I could not kill it as it kills ME sooner. Its mostly because of my AC is mainly a close-middle range combatant -- hence its only natural I die when someone uses sniper on me. I do find the long missions to be a huge improvement. One vice of me is that I can be stubborn and I hate heavy weight and slow ACs.

I agree, the fierce test to keep your AP as high as possible and then survive the sudden "boss" stage where 2 ACs attack you while your AP is probably well below 50%, and actually SURVIVE IT is the bliss of the game.

don't forget scrap collections!! -- They are basically the hidden parts scattered around the game, I wish every mercs who run missions with me know better to pursue the side quests too especially parts collection.

As for the 404th Ravens, I'm kind of thinking of joining a team with people who are very active with ACV. It is hard to build a team, let alone finding people who play ACV regularly. I really want to get the online component going, its the other half of the game and a big one at that.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
I have the game, yet to play it because I'm still trying to finish mass effect (Uni gets in the way of a-lot of games) But when I get around to jumping on it I'd have no issue tagging along

Warning: I haven't played my xbox in soooo long, armoured core even longer, So I'll probably suck.

p.s. Australian

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
No problem! I'd be glad to refresh you with some AC must knows and so forth. When you do get around to play it let me know!! NZ here so i think time difference will be advantageous.

Me too, I also have not finished ME3... Thanks to university and I guess I love Armored core THAT much, that I would drop everything when they have a new AC game out, and It has been a long time since I last played AC -- I only played 4 and FA on a borrowed console few years back...