Any chance Kinect games for 360 will ever be BC on Xbox 1

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
So, I got a Kinect 2.0 for $54, with a dance game coupon included (Showed camera the coupon and boom, it read "your game is now being downloaded!). Seems a great deal considering buying the thing alone was $150 new not too long ago (Added $100 to console price if you got it bundled).

I've picked up a number of games for it but am advised, the best Kinect games are:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SWALO/ref=pe_2313360_243642120_em_1p_0_ti

Which currently only works on 360.

Is the K 2.0 simply too different from the 360 version to ever work?

Your thoughts?

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Unlikely since the Kinnect was mostly a universally hated peripheral with no real games that I can remember anyone actually liking. It was a poor attempt to capitalize on the Wii's success and it didn't work out. Sony at least bailed on their "move" thing much faster, while Microsoft kept trying to make it work.

Remember the outrage when they said the Xbox One would be forced to use the Kinnect? Then they had to backtrack on that really quickly.

As a result don't expect 360 games to work on Xbone.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
CritialGaming said:
Unlikely since the Kinnect was mostly a universally hated peripheral with no real games that I can remember anyone actually liking. It was a poor attempt to capitalize on the Wii's success and it didn't work out. Sony at least bailed on their "move" thing much faster, while Microsoft kept trying to make it work.

Remember the outrage when they said the Xbox One would be forced to use the Kinnect? Then they had to backtrack on that really quickly.

As a result don't expect 360 games to work on Xbone.
Are you saying I won't be able to have Han Solo teach me the Warp Drive? :(

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Arnoxthe1 said:
I have never watched a YouTube video more hatefully.

Fuck me.

People spent time and money developing that.

OT: Cant really say that I am too familiar with how the Kinect works, but for all we know it could track players differently, and thus be incompatible, or maybe there just isn't enough draw from players to add it to the BC program.

Besides, I am pretty sure that Microsoft is trying very hard to move away from the Kinect.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Gorfias said:
Your thoughts?
CritialGaming said:
no real games that I can remember anyone actually liking.
I wish. Just for one game.

EDIT: Let me clarify this - I mean the games weren't designed and tested for these people. The developers didn't think through their technique, except with this one game.

What I hated about the Kinect was it wasn't really for adult gamers - the controls are response time were too slow, it didn't register movement often times, and it would've been just better to use a control.

It isn't for kids either. I have 3-4 of the games, and small children don't know how to stand to activate the menus and such, and when I get in there to do so it tracks off on me leaving the kid not able to play the game. Even better when they accidentally pause it or Dora finishes her song and want the kid to interact with a menu. Very poorly thought out!

But Kinect Party (AKA, Happy Action Theater, Part 2) was a perfect kids game for the Kinect. You turn it on, it starts up, and it just starts going through the mini games. No menu interactions required unless your kids want to (and know how to) get into those things. Even better I could use a controller - A CONTROLLER IN A KINECT GAME - to change the game type or lock it on a particular favorite of theirs! Amazing. So yes, this is the ONE Kinect game I'd recommend, especially if you have kids ages 3-10, because it is fun for them. All of my kids could jump in there and usually it'll work with 3-4 of them at a time. The only downside is requiring a large amount of room for play.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
SmugFrog said:
Gorfias said:
Your thoughts?
CritialGaming said:
no real games that I can remember anyone actually liking.
I wish. Just for one game.

EDIT: Let me clarify this - I mean the games weren't designed and tested for these people. The developers didn't think through their technique, except with this one game.

What I hated about the Kinect was it wasn't really for adult gamers - the controls are response time were too slow, it didn't register movement often times, and it would've been just better to use a control.

It isn't for kids either. I have 3-4 of the games, and small children don't know how to stand to activate the menus and such, and when I get in there to do so it tracks off on me leaving the kid not able to play the game. Even better when they accidentally pause it or Dora finishes her song and want the kid to interact with a menu. Very poorly thought out!

But Kinect Party (AKA, Happy Action Theater, Part 2) was a perfect kids game for the Kinect. You turn it on, it starts up, and it just starts going through the mini games. No menu interactions required unless your kids want to (and know how to) get into those things. Even better I could use a controller - A CONTROLLER IN A KINECT GAME - to change the game type or lock it on a particular favorite of theirs! Amazing. So yes, this is the ONE Kinect game I'd recommend, especially if you have kids ages 3-10, because it is fun for them. All of my kids could jump in there and usually it'll work with 3-4 of them at a time. The only downside is requiring a large amount of room for play.
That is cute! I really don't have that much room. Just enough to hop around a bit to dance and do some sports.

Tried the Fantasia game. Really fun. I wonder how long Microsoft will support the Kinect 2.0 ? Will 3rd party make them?

But y'all in this thread have convinced me it ever being BC seems unlikely. Rats.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The only good Kinect game was Child of Eden; and even that game works perfectly fine with a controller.