Any comedic games?

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Ghostbusters: the Game.
Brutal Legend.
Psychonauts.
Portal 1 & 2.
Monkey Island.
Plenty of others with good humor, such as Team Fortress 2, Two Worlds 2 (seriously), and Uncharted, have some good zingers.

Mungular

Dec 5, 2009
anything double fine works on is quite humorous. also conkers bad fur day, and monkey island of course. oh and the sacred games have some pretty funny lines in them

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Destroy All Humans! and Destroy All Humans! 2.

Mostly 1950's and 60's political satire. Also being able to read the minds of humans is always a laugh.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
Sam & Max!

Cannot go wrong with freelance Police and a Psychotic Rabbit President of United States of America.

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
G Skunk said:
Dead Space. 1 or 2 will do. They're both pretty hilarious, I'll tell ya.
Second!

Also the F.E.A.R. games are so badly designed they can have a few funny moments as well ^^

Also DeathSpank, for some rather lowbrow humor x)

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
MK2 and Giants: Citizen Kabuto were both pretty funny in an off beat way.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
most games that play up humor are absolute garbage.

about the best is the original Fable. There was a LOT of humor in that one, at least of the british variety.

others haven't fared so well, such as Bard's Tale and Eat Lead, both of which took a satirical slant on their respective genres, pointing out ridiculous memes and playing into the stereotypes.

Then there are the Leisure Suit Larry games, which really do us all a disservice by existing.

Belluavir

Mar 20, 2011
I found Bullet Storm pretty hilarious and I'm surprised no-one has mentioned it.

Also I have to reiterate Saint's Row 2, its fucking hysterical, its probably one of the funniest games I've played.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I would say Manhunt its So hilAriously funny seeing the bRutal death animations and watChing the life going out of there fAce. So pick that up if you want an aMazingly funny and might I add family friendly time.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Ratchet Deadlocked had a hilarious quote I love.
"If Ratchet were a tough cookie, what kind of cookie would he be?! I'm gonna go with Snickerdoodle."
However games are not usually designed to be funny, so I would suggest movies or something else.

EDIT: Just remembered Arcanum of steamworks and magicka or somethign like that. It had a few wtf moments. Just imagine the guy falling out of the sky at the start of Morrowind moment and adding a few more into the same enviroment. plus it was made by Trokia which reminds me VTM:B was hilarious if you go Malkavian. You can actaully argue with a stop sign.

razor343

Sep 29, 2010
Gothic 1 and 2 have some funny quotes...in the Polish localization anyway, I'm not sure about the English version.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
EvilPicnic said:
Man, I so frigging LOVE Conker :D

Volkov said:
Oh, just remembered more:

- Toonstruck (generally an amazing game, not just writing)
- Simon the Sorcerer (1-3)
Toonstruk is one of the most amazingly funny point-n-click adventure games EVER. It's such a pain that there's never been an update to it to the point that it can be played on systems nowadays :(