Any Escapists in a Band or Have Any Crazy Talents? (Shameless self promotion)

Blade3dge

Nov 12, 2008
Hey guys :)

I'm not normally one for shameless self promotion, I feel like it doesn't have much place in forum discussion... That said my band has just put out a cover song that I'm actually incredibly proud of and would love to share with you guys if you would have me.

But I'm not selfish enough to make this all about me so if I can assume that you guys would be interested in what I've achieved I'm also interested in what you guys have to show so lets open this up and see what other talent is out there on the Escapist and have everybody who's confident enough link to their band or anything else that they're proud enough of to share with the escapist community do so and we'll all give you views/likes and let you know what we think. I love the Escapist community so surely there's gotta be a lot of talent out there so show us what you got :)

I'm the one with short hair.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Not bad, I gotta say it's far superior to the original :3

I guess my special traits/talents are.... Erm..... Being awesome?

:3

Dec 14, 2009
Sometimes, when I sit on trains, they just jump right off the tracks.

As if I have the power to take things off their rails...

What would that be called?

Blade3dge

Nov 12, 2008
lRookiel said:
Not bad, I gotta say it's far superior to the original :3

I guess my special traits/talents are.... Erm..... Being awesome?

:3
And modesty ^_^

Daystar Clarion said:

Comedy? =P

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:

ODD: Obsessive derailing disorder.

AKA, the most awesome thing someone can be afflicted with. I had a mild case of it a few months ago... and I think it's coming back for round 2.... O.O

Dec 14, 2009
lRookiel said:
Daystar Clarion said:

ODD: Obsessive derailing disorder.

AKA, the most awesome thing someone can be afflicted with. I had a mild case of it a few months ago... and I think it's coming back for round 2.... O.O

What?

Sorry, I got distracted with this sock I just found.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Well... maybe one derailed thread wouldn't hurt...

<spoiler=Meanwhile in my mind... ODD begins it's work>

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
No real talents, other than public speaking. I used to play LineRider too much though...

Wait a moment...
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/18622164.jpg

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I am trying to find a Drummer and Bassist to form an Internet Band, but it is very very hard to do so. So far though, we do have one Demo Track Out:

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
This on topic...ness must be eradicated.

Increasing silly level to 3... DOG DINO GO!

Blade3dge

Nov 12, 2008
Come on surely there's other people out there in the escapist in bands or with crazy talents that they would like to share :)

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Crazy talent... no. In a band, yes. I woudn't say we're great but we did self produce a fairly interesting punk rock/indie rock album last year. Check it out at http://theyoungoffenders.ca/ for free or look us up on Youtube, Grooveshark, iTunes, etc.

Still getting our sound together so this album doesn't sound anything like we do now... but still.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
As derailed as this thread has gotten, you have to admit that it did put this on the Escapist thread map. :p

OT: Well, I can't say that I'm in a band, or have crazy talents per se. However, I do play concert percussion. And I may not play in a band, but I play with a group of people that always take the same class again and again.

It's a beginner class for woodwinds, brass, and percussion. However, many people, including myself, repeat this class because we admire the instructor. He's a very sarcastic and blunt, but very funny guy and he can pick out any flaws you have with just his ears. Not to mention the fact that the people who stay enjoy each other's company, so we've all become a tight nit mini group.

As for "crazy" talents, I only play concert percussion. I don't use a drum set, I only use specific pieces for different songs. I play snare, bass, suspended cymbals, crash cymbals, triangle, and a myriad of other, smaller percussion instruments. Like I said, I may not be crazy talented, but it's a skill that I'm proud of. I don't know much, but I do know enough to know what I'm talking about, like paradiddles, rolls, and even a couple twirls to show off.

So yeah. Not super talented, but talented nonetheless... not to toot my own horn or anything. <_<

Blade3dge

Nov 12, 2008
Sightless Wisdom said:
Crazy talent... no. In a band, yes. I woudn't say we're great but we did self produce a fairly interesting punk rock/indie rock album last year. Check it out at http://theyoungoffenders.ca/ for free or look us up on Youtube, Grooveshark, iTunes, etc.

Still getting our sound together so this album doesn't sound anything like we do now... but still.
Probably in need of some producing but that actually sounds pretty amazing, what instrument do you play?

Blade3dge

Nov 12, 2008
War Penguin said:
As derailed as this thread has gotten, you have to admit that it did put this on the Escapist thread map. :p
Hehe, what's that supposed to mean? My thinking was I find people are normally too modest to talk about what they've actually accomplished outside of videogames so it's really interesting to see what you can find out if you just take the time to ask.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
I don't have any crazy talents, I'm not in a band, I've thought about writing song lyrics but what is the point if you're not in a band.

Captcha: describe Ameican Idol. Fucking garbage

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Blade3dge said:
War Penguin said:
Hehe, what's that supposed to mean? My thinking was I find people are normally too modest to talk about what they've actually accomplished outside of videogames so it's really interesting to see what you can find out if you just take the time to ask.
I meant that the amount of derailing has caused a lot of posting activity, which puts this thread into the "latest threads" and "hot topic" sections quicker. Didn't mean to imply anything negative about the thread. <_<