Any good Cyberpunk games like Va11-Ha-11-a on steam?

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I haven't played them yet, but here are two games I've heard are very similar vibe-wise: 2064: Read Only Memories which even takes place in the same setting as Va11-Ha-11-a, and Open Sorcery, which seems tangentially similar and has intrigued me for some time now.

Those aside and talking about games I actually have played, the recent Shadowrun rpg are fantastic cyberpunk adventure's with Dragonfall and Hong Kong both being standouts while the original Returns is merely pretty neat (in my books anyway). If you were to pick up just one of the series I'd say go with Dragonfall, but I do really like the campaign for Hong Kong as well plus there's this neat fan-made campaign on the Steam Workshop for Hong Kong called the Caldecott Caper which I also found fantastic.

Otherwise... hmmm... for all the talk it gets, there really aren't many good Cyberpunk games out there unfortunately. Transistor? I mean I love that game but it's not very similar to Vallhalla. Uhh... Guess if you don't mind delving into older adventure games there's The Longest Journey and the Blade Runner game (Blade Runner Not available on steam or anywhere else for that matter), both of which are amazing but again only related vaguely to the topic. Not much comes to mind.

Maybe there are some of them talky Japanese games out there which fit the bill, but on a western front I don't got much.

Cette

Legacy
Dec 16, 2011
Country
US
Both Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong are quite good and might scratch the itch.

Dex is a super solid side scrolling cyberpunk action adventure that was surprisingly well done and seemed to really fall through the cracks.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
Dex
Crosscode
Cosmic Star Heroine
Invisible Inc.
Technobabylon

Or you could click on the Cyberpunk tag and check ratings while you were there.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I wouldn't know about that anime stuff, but I do know some awesome cyberpunk games. As mentioned already, the new Shadowrun RPGs, especially Dragonfall and Hong Kong, are really good.

Then there's the point-and-click Gemini Rue, the developer of which apparently made a couple more cool cyberpunk adventure games.

Satellite Reign is apparently pretty alright as well.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
I wouldn't know about that anime stuff, but I do know some awesome cyberpunk games. As mentioned already, the new Shadowrun RPGs, especially Dragonfall and Hong Kong, are really good.

Then there's the point-and-click Gemini Rue, the developer of which apparently made a couple more cool cyberpunk adventure games.

Satellite Reign is apparently pretty alright as well.
Yeah, I'm currently playing Satellite Reign, and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's definitely got that cyberpunky feel, and it's homage to Syndicate is nice too.

Jan 19, 2016
Technobabylon is a point and click adventure game in a cyberpunk setting that might appeal. I haven't played it yet myself, but it got decent reviews iirc.

Apr 5, 2008
The Deus Ex games are very cool too. Lots of secret plots, mega-corps, corporate secrets/espionage, paramilitary groups and so on. Mankind Divided was a really good game made somewhat badly, but Near-Future Prague looks and feels so great to be in.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Bilious Green said:
Technobabylon is a point and click adventure game in a cyberpunk setting that might appeal. I haven't played it yet myself, but it got decent reviews iirc.
Technobabylon was pretty sweet. I recorded it for an LP, and as someone who is bad at adventure games it didn't cause me nearly as much consternation as many other games in the genre tend to.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Bilious Green said:
Played it and rather enjoyed it. One of my favorite Wadyjet games(and I actually liked all of them). Gemini Rue is also good, but very rough around the edges.

Technocrat

Nov 19, 2008
Someone mentioned "Technobabylon" three times, so I materialised. :D

While I'd recommend, TB (especially since it's on sale on Steam right now), I'm not exactly impartial, since I wrote it!

In terms of "cyberpunk visual novel" like Va11-Ha-11-a, there's Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness, though that's considerably pricier than other options.

Ooh, Void and Meddler as well. The first part of that's on sale for a dollar at the moment.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hm... There's Consortium. It's a bit of an odd bird but it's a whole lot like Deus Ex, universe wise. I believe it would be right up your alley. The only problem is, since they're using the Source engine, and since it was never optimized at ALL for what they were trying to do, the load times are so LONG.

It's pretty darn packed full of story and choices though. Almost to the detriment of the gameplay I think.

There's also... *snicker* *chortle* Um... Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. That'll really *snicker* be a great story experience for you...

Level 7 Dragon

Typo Kign
Mar 29, 2011
There's Uplink, if you want to play an 'immersive' Russian hacker simmulator filled with tiny knick knacks and references to 90's films. Neon Struct is rough, but has a decent soundtrack and stealth mechanics to carry you through the experience. Omikron is a decent game made by David Cage before he lost his mind and began to chase after Alan Page.

Teleglitch is nice if you want some survival action horror mixed in with your cyberpunk social commentary. I guess the same can be said about Uncanny Valley. Gunpoint is a fun two hour romp through a Kojima-esque story with unique puzzle mechanics and a jazzy soundtrack.

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy is perfect right after you've broken up with a girl, lost your will to live and want to lose yourself in a mechanical nightmare.