Any newer cartoons that you enjoy?

theLadyBugg

May 24, 2010
Although I'm definitely part of the nostalgia crowd, I think this thread shows that there's a decent bunch of cartoons this generation. Adventure Time, the Regular Show, Phineas and Ferb, all solid.

I loved Kim Possible, which I think counts as recent but definitely not current. Teen Titans was also a favorite for a while. Fairly OddParents is (for me) the closest thing to "classic" Nickelodeon on air in the past five years.

Also, Scooby Doo has been around in some form or another since the seventies, and that doesn't look like it's about to change. Hanna Barbera for life, yo.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Well there's My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I honestly never thought I would ever ever EVER find myself enjoying My Little Pony of all things.

And from what I've seen of Regular Show and Adventure Time, they seem pretty good as well.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The time that I really sat down to watch kids cartoon shows are gone. Not even the older ones that shaped my childhood and early teenage years have that power anymore. I've tried rewatching old shows like The Moomins, Kissyfur, and Batman TAS. And while I greatly enjoyed my time with them and hold them dear to my heart, I'm simply of a different state of mind now.

Maybe it's because I'm turning 30.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
MLP, of course.
Gravity Falls
Phineas and Ferb

I've tried the Regular Show and Adventure Time, just couldn't get into them. :\

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Lionsfan said:
Regular Show, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb are some that I love. Anyone who says that newer shows today are shit is just operating off of nostalgia logic
Most of them are.

However, it seems that Disney is just now realizing that majority of their views were for their excellent cartoon shows, not their horrible live-action crap, so maybe we'll finally see a resurgence of good cartoons.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Someone tell me what they think of the new Lupin the third. I'm kinda curious about it..

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Ponies.

I don't really watch any other modern cartoon.

If I do, it's either Adventure Time or Regular Show.
scorptatious said:
I honestly never thought I would ever ever EVER find myself enjoying My Little Pony of all things.
Ha, you and me both, brother.

One year ago, I would have said "Ponies? PFFFFT-HAAAAHAAAHAAAA! That's a girl show!"

Now, it's one of my favorite cartoons in existence. It's so well made and has plenty of cheery songs.

Plus, Discord.

'Nuff said.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I watched some Gravity Falls and I found myself enjoying it. Grunkle Stan is totally awesome.

Other than that, Phineas and Ferb and Friendship is Magic are the only other shows that come to mind. I don't watch many cartoons, unfortunately.

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
I don't know if this counts but The Hub is going to start showing Transformers Animated (my fav Transformers.)

Also, Transformers Prime, Transformers Rescue Bots, Dan VS, and the new seasons of Hero 108 and Winx Club.
Any thing else has been said.
jdogtwodolla said:
Someone tell me what they think of the new Lupin the third. I'm kinda curious about it..
Holy cow, there's a new Lupin the third? Where?

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
The Legend of Korra mostly (assuming we are taking recent to mean just finished or ongoing). I've been watching the Ricky Gervais Show last couple days, after someone posted a segment in some forum, but I don't know if that's ongoing or recent (also I really have to believe that its an act and Karl isn't seriously that stupid).

Also links to the Korra group. We got working links to all the episodes :)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Legend-of-Korra

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
Archer and Metalocalypse are both fantastic. Much funnier than most of whats on TV.

fluffybunny937

Jul 5, 2009
MLP:FIM, Legend of Korra, Amazing World of Gumball, and Ultimate Spider-Man (I know it's not nearly as good as Spectacular Spider-Man, but I've accepted the fact that Spectacular Spider-Man isn't coming back).

Do animated shows for adults count on this list?

Because if they do add; Archer, Unsupervised, Ricky Gervais show, and Metalocalypse to my list. and maybe "Aqua something you know whatever", I'm not sure if that counts since on the one hand it's just a different name for Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Aqua Unit Patrol Squad One, but on the other it isn't listed as either of those on the tv guide thing on my tv.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
There is an astonishingly severe lack of Motorcity in this thread. I suppose it's my job to fix that.
Freaking amazing and I'm surpised not more people have been talking about it.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
For me, MLP (obviously) and legend of korra. I watched a bit of adventure time, and while I will say it is a good cartoons, it just wasn't my cup of tea. And I was never super interested in regular show.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Let's see... Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, Young Justice, The Legend of Korra, Phineas and Ferb, and My Little Pony, just to name some that are still getting new episodes/seasons. Cartoons are on the upswing in quality, have been since about 2010. There was more terrible stuff than good for few years in the latter half of the 2000's, but it didn't last too terribly long. For the most part it was due to the shakeups at Cartoon Network around that time, with the new CEO disliking cartoons and absolutely hating anime. He mellowed out a bit when he realized the stuff he wanted to do got terrible ratings.

If only I could say the same thing about live action TV. That /still/ hasn't pulled out of the depressing hell hole it fell into after 9/11. I miss my Star Trek and Xena, dammit.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Absolutely not...

Urgh. Fine. You know which one.

Notice how I never mention it though. That's where a lot of people go wrong. They obsess and then spout endless meme pictures and shovel it down everyone's throats. Then everyone else gets annoyed and they both start hating each other.

I still don't even know how it happened.

EquestrianGeneral

Jun 22, 2012
1. MLP: FiM (If that wasn't already pretty obvious)
2. Legend of Korra
3. Teen Titans
4. Chowder (for a while, anyway)