Any Other LGBT Gamers Here?

Miss Layton

Feb 18, 2013
Well, I'm still new to the Escapist, and I've come out of the closet recently as transgendered. It always helps, I find, to make friends with like minded people. Nice to have support, aye?

So, just of out curiosity, any other trans gamers on the Escapist? I'd hate to be alone here.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
While I'm not an LGBT gamer myself, I'll help by linking you to the Escapist user group for them called The Escapist Gay-mers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Gay-mers]

Since I'm not in the group, I couldn't tell you how active it is, but there's plenty of people in there at least.

Hopefully that helps you.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Normally this is expressed as "Am I the only one who___________?"

The stock answer is "You're never the only one."

But yeah, lots of LGBT people. More likely to be an issue in the R&P threads, though.

Squiddles

Feb 11, 2013
Hi there, thought you might like a link to this group http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Transgenders-of-Escapist =)

I myself am not a transgender, but gay as rainbows. XD
Welcome to The Escapist.

Miss Layton

Feb 18, 2013
Squiddles said:
Hi there, thought you might like a link to this group http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Transgenders-of-Escapist =)

I myself am not a transgender, but gay as rainbows. XD
Welcome to The Escapist.
Thank you!

Miss Layton

Feb 18, 2013
Queen Michael said:
I like wearing girly clothing. I'm not sure if that counts as LGBT.
Well, maybe cross dressers and transvestites are often included in the LGBT umbrella.

Either way, I love crossdressers myself. A lot of my friends are beautiful lads who like girly clothing as much as I do.

So, hello!

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
Hey, I'm LGBT+ (somewhere between gay and bi, not sure what the exact label is), also a gamer, though not a prolific or knowledgeable one. I am terrible at video games. I love 'em to death, but I always play in Easy mode (and I'm proud of that).

There's a lot of us around, actually. We crop up pretty often when LGBT issues are being discussed.

Welcome to The Escapist and congrats on coming out! Let me pour you a complimentary drink of your choice!

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Not me but there are definitely a fair few MtoFs around these parts, i haven't noticed too many FtoMs.
I'm sure you'll find a nice group to settle into.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
In my experience, this is one of the more LGBT-friendly gaming communities I've encountered.
I myself am bisexual and these forums were actually the very first place I came out (I think that thread is still open as a matter of fact, even though it was last updated like two years ago) and everyone always seems very supportive and friendly when I mention it in general discussion.
I think you'll feel right at home here!

norashepard

Mar 4, 2013
Always good to meet people like me! I am also trans (Mtf), and I agree, it's always good to know people in a similar situation. Feel free to PM me if you want or just take solace in the fact that you aren't alone (there are more than just me, I know, but I'll let them tell you).

And good job on the coming out! I know that can be hard, so go you.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Hey. I fit into one and/or two of those catigories. As a sign of our newly found friendship, lets have a sing along.

ellieallegro

Mar 8, 2013
I see your Steven Lynch and raise you a Margaret Cho...

Oh yeah, welcome and feel free to pm me for support or whateva. Girlllll are those shoes on sale!!!!

Apr 8, 2010
Fortunately yes - I've encountered quite a few of them in my travels around here. That is also a reason why I like this forum so much...more colours means much more fun and much less of the usual dull heterocentric boringness.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
I see your Steven Lynch and Margaret Cho, and I shall raise you with Avenue Q!
<youtube=yqcYJzc6lKw>

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
TheTransgenderedGamer said:
Well, I'm still new to the Escapist, and I've come out of the closet recently as transgendered. It always helps, I find, to make friends with like minded people. Nice to have support, aye?
So, just of out curiosity, any other trans gamers on the Escapist? I'd hate to be alone here.
There are several trans gamers here at the Escapist. I am not one, but I am bisexual and very trans-friendly. I also have several (mtf) trans friends.

You might want to consider joining the Gaymers user group. It's the full QUILTBAG (my favorite term for the larger LGBT community).

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Darken12 said:
Hey, I'm LGBT+ (somewhere between gay and bi, not sure what the exact label is),
Bi covers the entire spectrum between straight and gay, not just the exact center. "Bi leaning gay" is probably the easiest way to put it, although there are others. We had a thread about "androsexual" vs "gynosexual" a few weeks ago that did a great job of parsing different terms. There was a handy chart.

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
I identify as pansexual so, I would fall into that category, even if my particular identity isn't in the acronym.