any suggestions for a new book to read

Captain Ninja

May 9, 2009
so i just finished my book and i am in need of something new to read, i have just finished reading some books by Raymond E fiest so none from him please. So could someone suggest a good fantasy or sci-fi book, I would preferable like something that is fast paced and has a real save the planet/galaxy feel.

Dudemeister

Feb 24, 2008
Well they're not about saving planets or anything but I'd recommend 'Star Maker' and 'Last and First Men' by Olaf Stapledon.
Two of my favourite sci-fi books ever

King Crab

Jul 20, 2009
gene wolfe - book of the new sun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_the_New_Sun

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
The Horus Hersey series from Warhammer 40K are pretty good, either that or Commissar Cain: Hero of the Imperium! I'd start with the Commissar Cain series, they're what got me into Warhammer 40K in general.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Sounds like you might enjoy some of the Black Library (Warhammer 40.000) stuff.
Check out "Brothers of the Snake" by Dan Abnett, I'd say that pretty much fits the description of what you're looking for.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
If you're a fan of stalker, Roadside Picnic. It doesn't have a save the whatever feel, but it's a great book.

If you've ever played Metro 2033, get the book. It makes much more sense than the constant "Who the fuck are you?!" of the game. And a lot of the events are much cooler.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
Fantasy you might try Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks or Farseer trilogy and Tawny man trilogy by Robin Hobb.

Iain M Banks has already been mentioned so you might try some Peter F Hamilton. (Has a variety of books, some world/galaxy altering, some not. For me he can be a bit hit and miss although I prefer his series more than his 'one-offs')

gragimor

Sep 25, 2008
hyperhammy said:
The hitchikers guide to the galaxy. You will not regret it.
Don't forget to have a towel within reach while reading. Do not ask why, it will become clear later on.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
Play Mass Effect, and read all the dialogue that's given throughout the game. According to their reviews and/or boasts, that should be enough sci-fi book for you to last quite awhile.