Any words that you simply CANNOT speak.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
BlackStar42 said:
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. The longest place name in the UK.
Fuck it. I can't pronounce that either.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
"Michael Bay makes good movies".

Joking aside, there's no words I cannot pronounce.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
Jaime_Wolf said:
The flapped intervocalic t and d are systematic dialectal phonological changes. It isn't a "lack of enunciation" and pronouncing them as stops isn't "proper enunciation". These are sociological myths. If you were pronouncing them "fully", you would actually be mispronouncing the words given your dialect.

And the Deus Ex thing is just normal syllabification. Moving the s to the onset of the second syllable is a natural tendency in every human language.

Our horrible language education (by which I mean roughly everyone's - I don't know of anywhere that they do a good job) continues to convince people that they're wrong with absolutely no linguistic justification.
Assuming you're being serious, then I feel the need to explicitly state that apart from the actual pronunciation of words in my dialect, I was mostly being facetious. I don't believe there is such a thing as "proper" pronunciation, because there are far too many different dialects and accents. Even in America alone. If I went down to Louisiana, I could guarantee that it would only take about an hour, maybe two, of talking to locals before I would run into a word being used a way I had never heard before.

However, I never really pass up the opportunity to learn something new, in this case the "systematic dialectal phonological change" part, so I thank you for that.
Medium seriousness. The overwhelming majority of people do not share your enlightened view of what is "proper".

And I sort of grimaced after writing "systematic dialectal phonological change", but after a moment's hesitation it sounded too ridiculous not to post.