Anybody here playing Dota 2/wanting to get back in?

TheSlothOverlord

Mar 20, 2013
Hello, long time lurker here. I've recently got back into Dota 2 and I've been looking for someone mature to play some games with. Skill level doesn't matter (I'm not exactly great myself), what's important for me is that a person doesn't scream at their teammates when something goes wrong or goes to afk farm because the game is going badly.

Why am I looking here? Well, I joined a Dota Discord recently, set up a game with a guy. I got a bad feeling when he started slagging off our support. Then we lost a couple of teamfights and he stated that he's just going to farm for the rest of the game. Then he ragequit. This made me somewhat apprehensive about looking for more people on the Discord and since this forum has mostly folks on the older side I figured that it was worth a shot.

Apr 5, 2008
TheSlothOverlord said:
...and since this forum has mostly folks on the older side I figured that it was worth a shot.
Hey, who you calling on the "older side"? Listen sonny jim, back in my day that was no way to talk to your elders!

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
I do occasionally try to get back into Dota, being one of my first-ever major online games.

Then I play a few matches and remember why I quit. You can spend many months learning every hero and you're still a 'nub'. If I was going to get back into MOBA I'd want to try something new, maybe something a bit more forgiving.

Best of luck though.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
WhiteFangofWhoa said:
If I was going to get back into MOBA I'd want to try something new, maybe something a bit more forgiving.
HoTS and Strife are good choices (though Strife is pretty much dead the last time I checked).

LoL might be the cliched alternative as well, but forgiveness towards "nubs" ain't that high. :(