Anybody playing Global Agenda?

Talal Provides

Oct 22, 2010
I knew next to nothing about it until a couple days ago when I bought it just because it was 7 bucks on Steam, and my god, I wish I knew about it sooner. It's pretty much a combination of Team Fortress and Tribes, and I'm loving the hell out of it.

I can't possibly be alone in playing this gem of a game.

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
I picked it up too, and have just made it to the first place where other players are. Dome City or whatever.

NoCure

Dec 9, 2010
I bought it on Wednesday and Installed in yesterday. I must say I am very impressed. I'm still doing errandboy missions for the people just outside of Dome City but so far I am really liking the atmosphere and the controls seem really simple.

A Great buy for $7.50

Talal Provides

Oct 22, 2010
What class did you guys roll? I went assault, and a friend went medic. Together, we ruin a lot of dudes' days.

NoCure

Dec 9, 2010
Talal Provides said:
What class did you guys roll? I went assault, and a friend went medic. Together, we ruin a lot of dudes' days.
Recon. I was drawn in by the badass sword.

Talal Provides

Oct 22, 2010
NoCure said:
Talal Provides said:
Recon. I was drawn in by the badass sword.
If you don't feel like waiting an hour in a mission queue before you get to play, I'd suggest switching classes. I took a Robo up to level 16, entirely solo, and it was pretty entertaining, being a one man army and all that.

Protomega

Feb 4, 2011
What else can you say about it? What features does it have? Here are some things I would like to know about:

PvP
PvE
Communication
Items
Currency
Classes

Talal Provides

Oct 22, 2010
Protomega said:
What else can you say about it? What features does it have? Here are some things I would like to know about:

PvP
PvE
Communication
Items
Currency
Classes
It's got all that. It's a really excellent class-based team shooter where everybody has jetpacks, with MMO style progression and persistence. PvE consists of a traditional-style MMO questing zone, several 4 player co-op instanced dungeon-style levels of increasing difficulty, and larger, usually defensive, raids. PvP is the main component of the game, multiple game modes, and a large Alliance vs. Alliance mode where Alliances of Agencies (Global Agenda-speak for guilds) fight over land and resources on a fairly big hex map, where they can build facilities and manufacture new weapons and things like that with which to fight the other Alliances. It's got the standard chat, along with built-in VoIP. There are plenty of new weapons to unlock with leveling, along with armor, class-specific gadgets ranging from grenades to cloaking devices to killer robots, and a bunch of cosmetic options. You earn credits from almost everything you do, and on top of that, doing PvP or any of the PvE instances and raids give you tokens which you use to buy the game's better gear. There are 4 classes which can all be played in two different ways, depending on how you skill them up. There's the Assault which is either there to soak up damage or to dish it out, there's the Recon which is either a sniper or a stealthsuit-wearing ninja, the Medic which is either a traditional medic or a poison-based DOT damage dealer, and there's the Robotic, who can either set up defenses with forcefields and turrets or have his own personal robot army. And the best thing is you can switch your role on the fly, since you can respec at any time, for free, as often as you want. All the MMO features lack the MMO bullshit, more or less.

Protomega

Feb 4, 2011
Hmm, seems pretty interesting -- What about the use of real life money for in-game items? Any time limits on some items? Are there in-game items from real life money? What are some of your problems with the game?

Zapperdude

Mar 19, 2009
Holy shit I just bought this game too! I finished downloading it yesterday and I have a Medic and a Assault now. Best fucking 7.50£ spent ever!!! I really like the fact that it is free, and to the guy asking. You can buy "boosters" for real money. They give you more xp, gold and equipment for doing raids but nothing more. So they only boost your progress. Nice if you want it, but you dont REALLY need it to enjoy the game. it is really REALLY fun anyways.

Btw, GET IT LADS! It kicks ass!

Ps: my name is TheZapper ingame. I play from Norway (Thats in europe, geographynoobs) so hit me up if you want to.

Also man I love steam and those cleaver, cleaver sales :D

Talal Provides

Oct 22, 2010
Protomega said:
Hmm, seems pretty interesting -- What about the use of real life money for in-game items? Any time limits on some items? Are there in-game items from real life money? What are some of your problems with the game?
The only things you can buy in the cash shop are "boosters" which just speed XP gain for a limited time period, but the problem with that is it's entirely a player skill-based game, so while your character improves much faster, your skills don't develop like the people who spent the regular amount of time with it, so it actually puts you at a disadvantage.

The only problem I have with it, really, is queues for missions, especially PvE ones, can be fairly long if you choose to wait for a balanced team, which you really should, since they classes are designed to work together as a single unit, and for whatever reason the Recon class is the most popular by miles and if you just hop into a non-balanced game, you'll often find yourself being on a team with 1 Assault and 3 Recons, which means you're going to have major problems. Also, I suppose, since it is team-based and player-skill based, when doing random groups, you're often at the mercy of the other players, and their lack of skill or know-how can have a catastrophic effect on the outcome of the mission, but that's how it goes with any multiplayer shooter.

Protomega

Feb 4, 2011
I just started the demo download so hopefully when I head home I'll be welcomed with a new game ready to play and (possibly) enjoy.

Talal Provides

Oct 22, 2010
If you like shooters at all, Tribes in particular, you'll have a blast zooming around with your jetpack shoving electromagnetic miniguns up dudes' asses.

Korten12 said:
I hope they have another sale when I got the money.
I can give you a 50% off coupon code that'll make it cost 15 bucks, if you'd like.

Zapperdude

Mar 19, 2009
Talal Provides said:
If you like shooters at all, Tribes in particular, you'll have a blast zooming around with your jetpack shoving electromagnetic miniguns up dudes' asses.

Korten12 said:
I can give you a 50% off coupon code that'll make it cost 15 bucks, if you'd like.
Sneaky bastard! Trying to get the recommend friend bonus heh :p.

Then again it does help everybody. You get a bonus, your friend gets it cheaper and the developers get a new customer. Its a win-win-win situation :D

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Talal Provides said:

Korten12 said:
hm... hold on for that for a bit. Maybe in like a couple of weeks. If you don't mind. (is the coupon for steam or something?)

Talal Provides

Oct 22, 2010
Zapperdude said:
Talal Provides said:

Korten12 said:

Then again it does help everybody. You get a bonus, your friend gets it cheaper and the developers get a new customer. Its a win-win-win situation :D
All I'll get is a virtual paper bag with a face scrawled on it. My main incentive is getting more people into the game playing it.

Korten12 said:
hm... hold on for that for a bit. Maybe in like a couple of weeks. If you don't mind. (is the coupon for steam or something?)
It's for buying it from their website. It does go on sale on Steam very, very often, you just missed one that had it for $7.50 that ended last night. Get the trial version, give it a shot, there's still quite a bit to experience that way.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Talal Provides said:
Zapperdude said:
Talal Provides said:

Korten12 said:

All I'll get is a virtual paper bag with a face scrawled on it. My main incentive is getting more people into the game playing it.

Korten12 said:
It's for buying it from their website. It does go on sale on Steam very, very often, you just missed one that had it for $7.50 that ended last night. Get the trial version, give it a shot, there's still quite a bit to experience that way.
I played the trial awhile ago before it went, just Buy to play instead of P2P and I really enjoyed it.

fnartilter

Apr 13, 2010
My friends and I all got the game during the holiday sale. It's been lots of fun. I'd play more, but they've all started moving on to other things (DCUO, Rift Beta, Minecraft...)