Anybody tried Headlander?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
A game very unceremoniously released recently that is of the metroidvania style, from Double Fine and Adult Swim. I decided to give it a go due to the small price tag and generally interesting premise, haven't regretted it so far. Definitely a quirky/dark mix of humour and a general tone that stick to a 70s futuristic theme. There are faults, as is the way, but I notice it has not been mentioned at all anywhere. Which is a little saddening. Has anybody played, seen or even heard of this game at all?

kris40k

Feb 12, 2015
It popped up on my Steam recommended list, as I have been in a metroidvania zone for a while. I took a look at it, the trailer, saw Double Fine, laughed and clicked away.

Those guys have burned bridges with a lot of people.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Oh right, yeah, they did the whole kick-starter thing. I did wonder why this title was so under the radar. But having no love for point and clicks, or nostalgia, or money invested in them previously, or presence at the time of whatever happened during then...my only experience is Psychonauts and some other titles who's names escape me currently. So no bridges were made to be burnt down. Tis a pity, I think that may stop any future enjoyment for many gamers. Maybe it is best to let go, live and learn, forgive and forget? When they show signs of tryimg to improve of course.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I was sold on the trailer (just love the retro look) but I am just waiting for a Steam Sales (I guessing Winter) to buy it. Come on it's Steam! I only buy a Steam game on release if I can't wait for the sales!!

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Is it weird that the title Headlander made me imagine a very different game? A sort of Bushido Blade inspired by Highlander where you can only permanently defeat your opponent by taking off their head.

Still, trailer looks neat. I may pick this up at one point, but like Scarim Coral above, I'll probably wait for a sale.