Anyone else got Planetary Annihilation?

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Just bought this game last night and... it's actually pretty good. In fact, the scope of the battlefield is so massive and the unit variety so vast that the options are a bit overwhelming on the first match. What I'm truly surprised by is just how much more responsive everything is compared to Supreme Commander.

The only annoying thing is that right now the only way I could find to change the view on the field was the arrow keys on the keyboard. Also, hopefully they will have a save button feature for battles so it's possible to continue a particularly long match vs. AI later on. Damn early access woes.

KouDy

Dec 31, 2010
Yes i have it since Kickstarter campaign.
It's great indeed. I wish i had more time to play it. It's just like good old Total Annihilation but bigger, with planets and all that stuff. I have yet to check out the latest update they released some days ago. Overall it's really good looking so far and if they keep it up at some point i am sure to spend some good hours on that.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Colt47 said:
Just bought this game last night and... it's actually pretty good. In fact, the scope of the battlefield is so massive and the unit variety so vast that the options are a bit overwhelming on the first match. What I'm truly surprised by is just how much more responsive everything is compared to Supreme Commander.

The only annoying thing is that right now the only way I could find to change the view on the field was the arrow keys on the keyboard. Also, hopefully they will have a save button feature for battles so it's possible to continue a particularly long match vs. AI later on. Damn early access woes.
I was gifted a key as a present from my boyfriend for Christmas and I've been following the game since it's KS campaign and I'd wholeheartedly agree, to me the game seems to be a great RTS compared to what EON could have been and well C&C being pretty much dead at this point.

I love how if I'm sick of the AI or a player messing up my base, I could just simply move to a totally different planet and mine some asteroids to be used as WMD's along with a few nukes and being able to make use of the new Stargate transportation system.

The game has a lot of new mechanics for an RTS that does at times make me feel a bit overwhelmed myself and I can fully agree on the camera controls, they seem a bit stiff for me at times but I'm glad they screen can move with your cursor at long last and being able to customise stats being visible or not in the game.

Overall it's my favourite and only RTS of 2013/14, last decent RTS I played was Supreme commander 2 and before that Red Alert 3, there's really not that many RTS games these days in the shape of Supreme comm or C&C.

KouDy

Dec 31, 2010
While we are waiting for the PA to get full release i recommend you go check out Total Annihilation. PA is supposed to be successor to that so it might be worth of your time.

Supreme Commander 2 was really bad in my opinion. I am really glad that PA did not turn to anything like that and they brought it close to original Supreme or TA.

Red Alert 3 is great. I never really liked C&C games tho. Maybe that's why PA is closer to me because it's much more RTS and much less arcade clicking (for which i don't consider starcraft for example as RTS).

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
KouDy said:
While we are waiting for the PA to get full release i recommend you go check out Total Annihilation. PA is supposed to be successor to that so it might be worth of your time.

Supreme Commander 2 was really bad in my opinion. I am really glad that PA did not turn to anything like that and they brought it close to original Supreme or TA.

Red Alert 3 is great. I never really liked C&C games tho. Maybe that's why PA is closer to me because it's much more RTS and much less arcade clicking (for which i don't consider starcraft for example as RTS).
There's the quote button on this forum just to let you know >.>

I'm a fan of a lot of range of RTS games from C&C to Starcraft to SC, I didn't mind 1+FA of Supreme comm and 2 just felt a little straightforward to me and I certainly don't mind PA's scheme of things but I will say i'm not a fan of making games, especially RTS games needlessly complicated in terms of UI and adding more and more different types of resources, AOE was fine for what it was 5-6 years ago but now RTS's are scarce and few and the last thing I'd want in my favourite genre is more desired complications from the few that love complications.= as form of needless challenge.

Red Alert 3 didn't really feel arcade click like to me, it felt like any other RTS, supreme commander was just about sci fi space armies, not every RTS mind you has to follow SC's route though, that's why I love many RTS's for trying something unique and different.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
What I've played of it, it brings back pleasant memories of Supreme Commander 1. The grand scale of the battles are awesome and nothing is better than flinging a moon at an enemy base and watching it go boom.