Anyone Else Having Issues Summoning in Dark Souls 3?

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
For some reason I can't be summoned or summon others, anyone else having problems?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Did you turn it on at the start? My game had that stuff disabled I believe.
No it's done installing it just refuses to work.
Wait, are you having problems running the game, or summoning?
Summoning, it refuses to join any sessions.
Have you tried going away from 'high traffic' areas to be summoned? This is a problem most of the DS games have had.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
AccursedTheory said:
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Have you tried going away from 'high traffic' areas to be summoned? This is a problem most of the DS games have had.
I only just got past that man-dog thing in the first proper game area beyond Firelink,. I couldn't summon anyone before the boss to help with it, only getting an "Unable to summon Phantom" message.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
I only just got past that man-dog thing in the first proper game area beyond Firelink,. I couldn't summon anyone before the boss to help with it, only getting an "Unable to summon Phantom" message.
For the love of...

You gotta get further then that. In the very, very beginning, summoning is locked up, and at the point where it finally does allow you to summon, it's so congested that some people are reporting it takes hours to get a summon through.

Time to shove on alone for a bit.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
AccursedTheory said:
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
For the love of...

You gotta get further then that. In the very, very beginning, summoning is locked up, and at the point where it finally does allow you to summon, it's so congested that some people are reporting it takes hours to get a summon through.

Really, shame none of the other sites I visited thought to mention that. Really would a "don't bother with the first area past Firelink" be too much to ask? For what it's worth, thank you.

cabbage454

Apr 14, 2016
You can summon in the area after you open fire link shrine. I summoned people and was summoned all over that area. Now I'm at the halfway fortress in the road of sacrifices area and can't get summoned for the life of me.... but the high wall of lothric area is for sure summon friendly.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
A friend and I wanted to do some coop today and we had a REALLY hard time. I was trying to summon him and I just couldn't see his sign at all, we were playing around with different settings for about half an hour trying to get it to work. Then I switched my covenant to sunbros and instantly his summon sign popped up.

Changing your covenant status might trigger something with the way summoning works.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
I've been having problems where I can try 10 different summoning signs and 9 will say 'Unable to summon'. I find though if I keep trying I get someone though eventually. I assume its because there are so many people in the same locations at first that someone else summoned them before you.

I've never had a problem being summoned, I put down a sign and within a couple of minutes I'm helping someone with a boss.

Sharia

Nov 30, 2015
I've never tried. Seeing videos online for bosses it looks like cheating and seems to trivialise the game.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Getting summoned is extremely east and doesn't take long. And that's why summoning other players is hard because A LOT of people are doing the same thing. A summon sign would appear, then another player would get to it before you, that's why you haven't been able to summon other players. You just have to keep trying.

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
cojo965 said:
For some reason I can't be summoned or summon others, anyone else having problems?
Yes, it's an ongoing and common bug. Getting the "Unable to summon phantom" message, having animations cut out when summoning, or phantoms getting stuck outside boss doors (my personal least favourite).

Just hope that they patch it in the next update instead of tweaking Greatsword damage or whatever.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
For the love of...

Really, shame none of the other sites I visited thought to mention that. Really would a "don't bother with the first area past Firelink" be too much to ask? For what it's worth, thank you.
Eventually it the game will slow down enough for summoning in those areas to be an option, its just band new and popular right now. Although I'm way past that point and I still regularly hit "summoning failed" errors as I play. It blows.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
cojo965 said:
AccursedTheory said:
For the love of...

You can summon in this area. I was summoned, and summoned people, plenty of times. I think this person is mixing up the areas in their head. If you can place your sign, you can be summoned or summon someone else.

The problem you're running into is the game is just overloaded at the moment. I get those messages from time to time as well. Sometimes closing out the game and logging back in helps, other times you just need to wait it out. There's a lot of traffic, and sometimes three people end up trying to summon one person, so the game can't figure out where that person should go.

Willzors

Aug 19, 2014
I've had issues with this to, Using the same password as a friend he could see my summon sign but it would just immediately fail, so I tried summoning him, which actually appeared to be working then timed out.

I assume its got to do with his NAT settings but couldn't talk him through trying to change it.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Me reporting back.

I recently played a bit with a friend, and we noticed a huge difference between him summoning me, and me summoning him. My internet is a massive piece of crap, and it would take forever to populate summon signs and it would fail often. He, on the other hand, could see mine, or anyone elses, sign immediately, and it rarely failed.

So maybe you just have crap internet.