Anyone else here get weird about sharing food?

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I like to plan out my eating so when I know i want to eat something I dont want to share it.
However, when I dont want to eat I want someone to eat for me.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Drinks i'll sometimes share, as long as i know you. Of course i will notify you after you take a sip that you now have aids.

Food, i'll only share if i am completely full (and that's a rare situation)

I'll happily grab food of YOUR plate but. Don't. Fuck. With. Mine.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I used to get really angry if someone took a bit of my food back in my younger, fatty days. Now since I watch what I eat and how much, if I think I have too much I'll offer some to someone else. I won't mind sharing food with family and friends, but if some random stranger just came up to my plate and started taking some food, I would A) think they have lots of nerve, and B) tell them to get lost, although I doubt that would ever happen.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Sorry OP , but you're crazy . And i don't mean that in a bad way . I can understand being afraid of germs. But eating quickly just not to share . That's selfish , and terrible . I like sharing my food . I always share what i have . But i don't like taking from others . I usually say no when offered food , but will always say yes if someone asks for a bite of mine .I was raised to share with people .

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Personally I've got no problems sharing my food (unless it's my room mate since he eats too much).

Sometimes my folks obtain new alcohol and offer to give me a try before I fancy getting some myself and I sometimes share my ice lollies with my little Chihuahua on hot days.

However if it's something special for myself like 4 eclairs then I'd say no.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
I used to with drinks, but now I've come to realize that the acid bath bacteria get from soda probably kills most of them anyway, and that's pretty much the only thing friends drink around each other anyway. Also I'll drink water from other people but thirst is way more annoying than the minuscule chance of harmful germs.

Other food is fair game now too. I got less picky after I started hanging around people who use "cuddle pile" as a common phrase.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
It all depends really. I don't mind if I have a sandwich and you cut a bit off with a knife or tear a bit off for yourself (as long as you ask first and have washed your hands.) If you take a bite however, I won't finish it. It's more of a hygiene thing I have an issue with. I also don't mind if I have a plate of chips/french fries and someone takes a couple. Growing up with my mother and my brother has gotten me used to sharing things like that.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
I don't mind sharing food, but I don't like to share drinks. Like you said, OP, it's pretty much impossible to guarantee zero backwash.

chikusho

Jun 14, 2011
OP is weird, and any sensible person would suggest professional help.

Although, I come from a poor neighbourhood, and if we didn't share everything we had available at any given time, most of us would've gone hungry. Or wanting. Or sober.

My story is that you take care of those around you, whatever it necessitates.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Yes.

Especially the initial instinct. Ever so stingy, I am.

Now I don't necessarily mind about touching another person but it has to be family mostly.

Anyone else, I have to deposit it and all of that.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I don't share my food until I'm finished with it and there are maybe some remains. Food that comes in parts (say, french fries) I can share easily at any given time.

Although I've yet to be in the situation, I can imagine myself sharing food with a significant other, since it's safe to assume we'd already be in a habit of swapping mouth juices.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
not at all. i used to refuse to drink or eat anything if anyone else had touched it, but the military threw that plan out the window. i quickly learned how not to give any fucks about insignificant stuff like that.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
I normally get somewhat offended if someone asks for food without me offering it. Especially if its some kind of take out that I recently paid for. There are times where I'll offer off the top or after I finish and have leftovers though.

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
Nah, I don't really mind it. Only when they have access to the same food, but just take some of mine out of laziness does it kinda bother me. They just don't want to walk into the kitchen to get some.

Unless I deem you an unclean person, I'll share whatever.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
It really doesn't bother me at all, unless the person is really sick, dirty or I don't know them. I often share food with people, unless I'm starving or something but I only share drinks with my best friends. The way I see it is you stand so close to people that you're probably breathing in all their germs anyway so what does it matter if you share food.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Under most circumstances, I actually get a little thrill out of sharing food. I like sharing it.

If I'm notably hungry, however, anyone trying to steal my food becomes a food item. No exceptions.

Or if it's something that cost me ten bucks. You don't get that either.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
No. As long as you ask me and not take it straight off my plate I have no problem. I used to have a roommate that would help himself to my left over pizza. Not cool man, not cool. I don't mind but just ask first y'know?

Except cheesecake. I swear to god I will hurt you if you touch my cheesecake.

Oh and if you're sick you better have a cup or your own fork.

Oct 2, 2012
Not at all. Maybe its because I grew up poor in a poor neighborhood but I have no reservations about taking or giving a share of food or drink to friends or family unless they have like mono or something.
Not cutting or ripping off of anything unless they insist (got a couple slight germaphobes in my circle) and I generally don't care about potential backwash unless they leave like half a chewed up sandwich floating around.

I am rather odd with strangers though. I'll give my food or drink away completely to one and take unopened food or drink from them but I won t take anything they've bitten or had a drink of, even if they rip the piece off. But that I think goes back to my issues with socializing.